• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All I was doing was looking at the pictures earlier in this thread, and thought that I might help... :eek:o
Don't shoot me.
And there is some thing wrong with the others...

Here is the Hydro logo from 1910 (The one a page back is from 2004)
Hydro.png

The one for the "Haerens Flyvemaskinfabrik" is the logo for the modern day airforce, who was founded during WW2.

And the logo for "Kongsberg (Våpenfabrikk)" is the "logo" of the town, not the factory.
Kongsberg.png

fanta_a said:
All I was doing was looking at the pictures earlier in this thread, and thought that I might help... :eek:o
Sha-clack! ;)

Here is the Hydro logo from 1910 (The one a page back is from 2004)
Hydro.png

The one for the "Haerens Flyvemaskinfabrik" is the logo for the modern day airforce, who was founded during WW2.

And the logo for "Kongsberg (Våpenfabrikk)" is the "logo" of the town, not the factory.
Kongsberg.png
Thanks, I´ll implement these as soon as possible.

It still lacks the industry names though.

On a different note, the secret weapons tree is almost complete now, only a background is missing.

Is the industrial tech tree included in version 0.1?
Because I think it isn't... where can I download it and the land doctrines tech tree? And how can I get them into the game? Noob questions, I know, but I really don't know...

Last edited:
However, it is downloadable from TurnerBentons signature, the Horn of Africa link. Just choose to download the latest tech tree file and you should be OK.

Allenby said:
HOI II has a simplified technology tree in which the player assigns 'teams' to research relevant projects. The length of time depends upon the nature of the project and the skill of the team assigned. Also, the number of projects that can be run at any one time depends on the country being played.

There are nine fields (as opposed to fourteen in HOI):

1) Infantry
2) Armour & Artillery
3) Naval
4) Aircraft
5) Industrial
6) Land Doctrine
7) Secret Weapons (V2s, A-bombs, helicopters and so on)
8) Naval Doctrine
9) Air Doctrine

This seems largely fine to me, although I would make a number of changes and have the following:

1) Infantry/Cavalry
2) Artillery
3) Naval
4) Aircraft
5) Industrial - or even Industrial/Home Front?
6) Land Doctrine
7) Secret Weapons - Tanks, Gas, Flash Spotting and Sound Ranging for artillery?
8) Naval Doctrine
9) Air Doctrine

As for researching the tech teams themselves, it's probably best to leave that until we have the fields sorted out themselves. :)

What do you lot think, then?

Maybe you could put trench warfare as a seperate technology field??
It seems to me that there will be to much in land doctrines

I have half an eye on the earlier scenarios as I write this, and I hope people do not regard this as unnecessary prioritisation, but can anyone notice any tech field from the years spanning 1897 to 1914 that may be classified as a 'secret weapon' that can be afforded some degree of (worthy) special status and transferred across the tree appropriately or do we consider 'secret weapons' to be the special preserve of the wartime or post-war eras?

Dutch_Reich said:
Maybe you could put trench warfare as a seperate technology field??
It seems to me that there will be to much in land doctrines
No, no and no. Trench warfare was as much a doctrine as blitzkrieg. Towards the end of the war, generals were experts at defending in depth, so the land doctrines ought to cover this.

Allenby said:
I have half an eye on the earlier scenarios as I write this, and I hope people do not regard this as unnecessary prioritisation, but can anyone notice any tech field from the years spanning 1897 to 1914 that may be classified as a 'secret weapon' that can be afforded some degree of (worthy) special status and transferred across the tree appropriately or do we consider 'secret weapons' to be the special preserve of the wartime or post-war eras?
Well, if this was an 1897 mod ab initio, then both dreadnoughts and aircraft would be secret weapons. But I don't think it would be practical having the entire air and naval tech trees secret. :)

Maybe poison gas?

Personally, I must admit that I have run out of room in the secret weapons tree, trying to add in all the suggestions. I suggest that we leave the secret weapons for post-war inventions (apart from dreyer table etcetera)

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Personally, I must admit that I have run out of room in the secret weapons tree, trying to add in all the suggestions. I suggest that we leave the secret weapons for post-war inventions (apart from dreyer table etcetera)

Can you make a list of the suggestions, like name year pre-reqs?

And here is the secret weapons tree, in all its unearthly glory (AKA dull as hell)
EDIT: I´ll sort out a couple of loose ends later today (such as that green line that shouldn´t be there)
screensave371of.png