• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KingMississippi said:
Fine no more pictures :mad:
J/K whatever ... i have no artistic whatsoever
I will correct the misspellings and change to airship and the other mistakes.
Hey it was a good attempt it just makes it hard to read and follow the tech tree with the pictures. What about maybe a dark wood grain background?

Shadow Knight said:
Hey it was a good attempt it just makes it hard to read and follow the tech tree with the pictures. What about maybe a dark wood grain background?

Sure let me just figure out how to do that in paint ...
Hey if you can do something PLEASE PLEASE do it.

OK downloaded a trial version of Paint Shop so how does this look?
aircraft6xq.jpg

How about changing some of the doctrinal aspects of the infantry techs to things like training and management? Now that I´ve taken a loook at it, it seems they would be much better of as represented by those component types.

KingMississippi said:
OK, OK, lets try and get back to work before Allenby throws us both in front of a bus. :eek:

You mistake me for a stranger to spam and irrelevant commentary. ;)

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Swell! :D

Anyway, how´s the industry tree coming along?

Anyway it is hard for me to post an updated list since I my computer is not hooked up to the internet and am relegated to using a different computer to post for christmas. I have fixed the spelling errors (I think) and added a different background/medicine techs to the list. Still need to add the subtechs and their requirements, but of course I havent done that for any of the recent trees since I was trying to get the framework ready. I will try and steal the internet for my computer sometime over the weekend to update everyone and troll for any suggestion, improvement, condemnation, etc.

Allenby said:
You mistake me for a stranger to spam and irrelevant commentary. ;)
No, we don´t. But we do know that you are constantly seeking reasons to give us draconic punishments (such as strapping us to the wheel of field pieces), as if my suicides weren´t enough.

i was looking at the tech for infantry. one thing i noticed in this part here...

1919 Infantry

Reliable Submachineguns
type = general_equipment
difficulty = 8

Creeping Artillery Barrages
type = artillery
difficulty = 5

Improved Fuses
type = artillery
difficulty = 5

Infantry-Armor Coordination
type = combined_arms_focus
difficulty = 6

Breakthrough Exploitation
type = infantry_focus
difficulty = 6

the problem with this is that submachineguns and automatic arms for infantry showed up actually early in the war. the villar perosa smg was addopted in the italian army in 1915. the austrians soon copied the weapon, rechambering it for their own rounds and used it themselves. the french and the americans used a chauchat(although not a smg, and the americans didnt show up in the war untill it was almost over) as a automatic weapon role that a smg covers. weapons like the villar were actually very effective and reliable. it was the german army that fell behind in technology by introducing the mp18 at the end of the war, june 1918.

basically smgs showed up in the war alot earlier than you are suggesting in this mod. they werent the primary weapon but mobile automatic weapons for fireing on the move were used extensively throughout the war. because germany didnt use smgs untill late war(and even then almost not at all) i'd actually classify them as pre 1915 infantry. they made some inovations(such as effective helmets) but without things like smgs they were actually pretty primitive.

just wanted to point out that you might want to reconsider how some of this is set up.