• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jova said:
You can download these land units and modifiers here

Brilliant. Thank you. Do you have the land doctrines tree available? With the unit modifications and the tech tree I'd like to see if this can hold off Germany's destruction for a little while so that I can test the naval AI a little bit more.

I can also create the background land doctrine tech image if you have not already done so.

I've uploaded the file. You can download it from the same link.

You can also download tech_names file so that you can have proper names for land doctrines. However, that file doesn't include your new industrial tech names. Perhaps you could add them and make a complete file.

It would be nice if you could make background. I'm not very skilled in graphics. :)

I have always been the chief background maker around here though.

Nevertheless, it seems that "the folder is not currently available"

Thanks!

screensave229nu.png

This is what it looks like after some tinkering. I have not descided which techs are to go in which sections (AKA colored fields), so I have made the background completely red for the moment.
Suggestions about which techs ought to be grouped with which techs?

Your arrow goes from Colonial to 19th century. It should go other way.

About grouping, probably you should group those techs to the left (firepower-balance-manpower) and those to the right (offensive-defensive), and also add background arrors, or in some other way indicate that you can research only one of them.

Maybe you should group techs below infiltration (as post-1918 techs). There should also be indication that you must choose between two paths.

I think it is pretty obvious when reading the tech effect. Making those big arrows can be a pain in the arse.

As for colonial -> 19th century: :eek:o

confused

Hello.
I have downloaded the 0.1 version. And I wanted to help out with pictures of units, as there are only a few in the file I downloaded. Or did I download the wrong file?
What I want to know is, What is done and where can I help out?

And what kind of units do you think of when you say ie. Light infantery vs. Ordinary infantry? Is there some themes that I should stick to? "Like light infantry never use machinguns?" examples would be great.

And most important, what is guard infantry? Like a palace/Royal guards? Or should I think a good equiped unit, lots of grenades/Light machineguns...?

First I think about making some units for norway denmark svea... If I may.
And Do you only want strictly Black white only, or can I use the original colour of the pictures? (Old pictures get yellowish)

And Do you only want strictly Black white only, or can I use the original colour of the pictures? (Old pictures get yellowish)

Otherwise, you could use the colour pictures and make them black and white in Photoshop.

fanta_a said:
And I wanted to help out with pictures of units, as there are only a few in the file I downloaded. Or did I download the wrong file?
Some people have created extra graphics since 0.1 was released - check my aircraft' thread and the graphics thread. But there are still plenty more pictures needed, and any help is welcome.

And what kind of units do you think of when you say ie. Light infantery vs. Ordinary infantry? Is there some themes that I should stick to? "Like light infantry never use machinguns?" examples would be great.

ill_div_6_0.bmp
Generic light infantry

Think Italian Bersaglieri, Austrian Jäger, German colonial Schütztruppe, French Tirailleurs Sénégalaises, or British Indian troops. Well-trained, fast-moving but more lightly equipped than conventional infantry - specifically, less heavy artillery - and most suitable for use in colonial warfare or in rough terrain.

And most important, what is guard infantry? Like a palace/Royal guards? Or should I think a good equiped unit, lots of grenades/Light machineguns...?

ill_div_3_0.bmp
Generic guards infantry

Early models include Prussian Garde, Russian Grenadiers, Italian Arditi, the French Coloniale, ANZACs and the Canadian Corps. Late models are the German Stosstruppen and Austro-Hungarian Stürmtruppen. Basically, the most elite units of each army, with hand-picked troops, higher morale and the best possible training and equipment.

To be consistent, they should be black and white only. (Set the picture to greyscale in Photoshop, reduce noise and increase contrast if necessary, then add the coloured border and save as an RGB bmp file.)

Some units
Hope they can be used, and if you got them already.. Tell me what nation you don't have any units on yet. And I will take a look.

Sweeden infantry ca 1860
ill_div_SWE_0_0.png

Sweeden infantry 1905
ill_div_SWE_0_1.png

Sweeden infanrtry early 20's
ill_div_SWE_0_5.png

Sweeden cavalery early 20's (using oldstyle tactics, swords...)
ill_div_SWE_1_3.png

Sweeden Cavalery early 20's fighting on foot
ill_div_SWE_1_4.png

Sweeden winter uniform can be from ca 1910- early 20's
ill_div_SWE_8_3.png

fanta_a said:
Some units
Hope they can be used, and if you got them already..

Certainly. :) Very well done and many thanks!

fanta_a said:
Tell me what nation you don't have any units on yet. And I will take a look.

For the most part, anything that doesn't feature in the 0.1 download. :D

I've made some unit pictures for China/Qing Empire.
There are two models for the 1860 Warriors.
illdivchc1101my.png

The quality of this picture is really bad. It shows militia from the countryside in the 2nd Opium War.
illdivque1107gt.png

This one is from a chinese film and the soldiers are regular Qing soldiers from that time.

These are Boxer, but I think they can be used as 1900 Militia.
illdivchc1115fl.png

These are Qing soldiers with rifles, so they could be used as 1890 Infantry.
illdivchc008vl.png

Here I have another 2 pictures for China.
illbrichc106vz.png

This is a picture for 1890 Artillery. Maybe it's a little bit too old.
EDIT: Damned, I looked a second time and this isn't artillery. This is a machine gun.
illdivchc102xp.png

This a picture for Tribal Cavalry. I think they look like Barbarians. :D

Last edited:
I made some of norwegian troops. The main problem is that there is almost impossible to get any pictures from the WW1 and upp to 1939. But there is litteraly 100's from 1905. (We nearly had to fight back then)
The army was modern in 1905. (New uniform withouth shiny buttons, machinguns. But we kept the older rifle. (Krag-Jørgen*sen))
So perhaps use the ones with old uniform for before 1912 and the new from 1912 and upp?

Norwegian Old from before 1890 (German style uniforms, but norwegian built rifle(Jarmann))
ill_div_NOR_0_0.png

Norwegian New uniform (1905)
ill_div_NOR_0_1.png

Noregian New uniform n machinguns (1905)
ill_div_NOR_0_2.png

Norwegian Cavalery 1905
ill_div_NOR_1_2.png

The Norwegian Royal Guard (Norwegian name "Garden") (1905 Saluting the New king)
ill_div_NOR_3_1.png

Norwegian light infantry? 1890's (They are "Jegere"(Hunters), better trained, perhaps a little more like the alpine troops? All norwegian soldiers are trained for winter and mountans..)
ill_div_NOR_6_0.png

Norwegian Light inf. 1905
ill_div_NOR_6_1.png

Norwegian light inf. 1905 (In front of a train)
ill_div_NOR_6_2.png

Norwegian light inf. ca. late 20's best I could find so far.
ill_div_NOR_6_3.png

From a norwegian shooting competition ca 1890 Well, if we had a militia, perhaps they would have been in it :rolleyes:
ill_div_NOR_11_0.png

A picture from 1905 featuring soldiers from different times and branches of our armed forces. Militia?
ill_div_NOR_11_1.png

Norway's first aeroplane "Start" (German made)
ill_div_NOR_16_0.png

Norways second airplane design(Not second plane) "MF-1" (French design/Built in norway)
ill_div_NOR_16_1.png

Norwegian artillery 1905 (Ignore filename)
ill_bri_NOR_1_1.png

ill_bri_NOR_1_2.png

Norwegian soldiers digging 1905
ill_bri_NOR_13_0.png

And in the end two sweedish units. Well, I have no idea of what to use as communication, but here is a picture of some sort of optical com. When the soldier pulls in a string the plate becomes black, and when he lett go it turns white again. So he can send morse messages over distanses.. From the early 20's
ill_bri_SWE_9_1.png

and the armoured ship "svea". (Do you have some sort of unit list for the navies?)
ill_div_SWE_23_1.png

A few more.
Do you use police? here is one if you do..
Norwegian Police man
ill_bri_NOR_12_0.png

Norwegian Horses 1940(But nothing importent was changed since the 20's)
ill_div_NOR_1_4.png

Norwegian Soldiers 1905(Still in old uniform) Think that they might be used for reserves
ill_div_NOR_RESERVE_0.png

Norwegian Soldiers 1905 Reserves (Landsstorm, som sort of infantry without much training)
ill_div_NOR_RESERVE_1.png

Norwegian soldiers sometime during WW1 (The army called inn more ppl than they had new uniforms and weapons to, so they are dressed in a older uniform) Most sertenly Reserves
ill_div_NOR_RESERVE_2.png

Sweeden Artillery 1902
ill_bri_SWE_1_1.png

Sweeden Artillery 1910
ill_bri_SWE_1_2.png

Sweeden Heavy artillery 1917
ill_bri_SWE_2_0.png