• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(1058)

Second Lieutenant
Feb 22, 2001
www.paradoxplaza.com
This is a Photoshop Skin template for Hearts of Iron 2.
First its a good idea to familiarise yourself with the skins already made in: \HOI2\Game\gfx\SKINS

1. Replace the Japanese test flag with a new country flag

2. Add nationspecific pictures or artwork in new layers with
Opacity set to something like 50%. Try using different blending modes on the layers, like "overlay" or "screen"
Old Propaganda pictures and Posters works well but you can
use any art you find suitable.

3. Make a silhouette of one of your pictures by tracing it with the
lasso tool and then fill it with a bright colour.
Use a blendingmode on the layers so things show through
from the background.

4. Add the countrys aviation symbol if you like

5. Fill the backgroundlayer with a colour you think is suitable
and change the toplayers colour too.

7. Create a new folder in \HOI2\Game\gfx\SKINS\ or overwrite the existing one
Name it with the correct tag for example USA for United States.
(you can find the tags in: \HOI2\Game\config\world_names.csv

6. Cut it up along the guides and save as different bmp files named like this:

fullscreen.bmp (hide the black_border layer when saving this file)
sidebar_A.bmp
topbar.bmp

8. Now youre finished. Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• Hoi2_skin_template.zip
    2,1 MB · Views: 6.188
GC1CEO said:
Anybody have a bit more detailed instructions for how to do the top bar? I have both PSP and Photoshop so I can take directions for either. You don't have to be really specific, just tell me what tools/etc you used.
I prefer using filling options for the layer (i'm using the german version so i don't know the exact english name). There i selected the color overlay and voila, that's it.

I did a new set for Romania, but I cannot get the sidebar_A to show up. The topbar and fullscreen work fine, but the sidebar has this weird skewed transparency thing going. Any idea what's going on?

Can you post a template of the “tech being researched” screen (the one you get if you click a tech team that is researching)? It would help me a lot, patching all the images up so I can edit them is giving me some problems.

|AXiN| said:
I did a new set for Romania, but I cannot get the sidebar_A to show up. The topbar and fullscreen work fine, but the sidebar has this weird skewed transparency thing going. Any idea what's going on?

Make sure that when you save it thatthe bmp is a 16 million color, 24 bit image. I had the same thing happen when I reduced the color depth to 256 colors to save space.

Ahh.. the good thing about Hearts of Iron is that you can personalize things and remove other things you dont like, but its still not very userfriendly...

About that "1. Replace Japanese test flag", it does not say much to me, it does not either say how you do it, does anyone know where I can find clear instructions on the different tasks since I, and probably a few other, are not very good friends with Photoshop..

Thank you.