This is a Photoshop Skin template for Hearts of Iron 2.
First its a good idea to familiarise yourself with the skins already made in: \HOI2\Game\gfx\SKINS
1. Replace the Japanese test flag with a new country flag
2. Add nationspecific pictures or artwork in new layers with
Opacity set to something like 50%. Try using different blending modes on the layers, like "overlay" or "screen"
Old Propaganda pictures and Posters works well but you can
use any art you find suitable.
3. Make a silhouette of one of your pictures by tracing it with the
lasso tool and then fill it with a bright colour.
Use a blendingmode on the layers so things show through
from the background.
4. Add the countrys aviation symbol if you like
5. Fill the backgroundlayer with a colour you think is suitable
and change the toplayers colour too.
7. Create a new folder in \HOI2\Game\gfx\SKINS\ or overwrite the existing one
Name it with the correct tag for example USA for United States.
(you can find the tags in: \HOI2\Game\config\world_names.csv
6. Cut it up along the guides and save as different bmp files named like this:
fullscreen.bmp (hide the black_border layer when saving this file)
8. Now youre finished. Good luck and have fun!