This is an abridged version of the main This is AARland thread and contains forum specific information.
We wish to take this opportunity to welcome you to the home of the HoI2After Action Reports forum, featuring AARs written by you, the fan of Hearts of Iron 2.
AARs are written by the fan for the fan and are meant solely as entertainment. Most importantly, these AARs are a product of the author's imagination and will not necessarily represent historical fact or fan-boy attention to detail. These are stories, and not a platform to nit-pick and argue.
As Hearts of Iron 2 covers a period of history that is fairly recent, and still fresh in the minds of some, we strongly urge that common sense be utilised when writing an AAR. The lack of common sense will result in the deletion of the AAR and possible actions from warnings to an outright ban.
As a community of writers, we strongly encourage interaction and mutual support.
As mentioned in the main thread, all members and visitors are expected to read the following forum rules. Ignorance of these rules is not a defense:
In addition, here are several AAR-specific rules. These will be treated as seriously as the general board rules posted above:
1. You are here to tell a story, not to offer up crude stereotypes, make political statements in relation to modern day events, unduly criticize or make provocative comments, promote racial hatred or genocide, or promote your own personal agenda. When creating an AAR, all borderline subjects or references shall be avoided. If in doubt, PM a Moderator or Demi-Moderator. As a rule of thumb, if you're in doubt, then it should probably be left out.
2. As a reader of AARs, keep in mind one important fact: These stories are alternative history, and as alternative history they shouldn't be subjected to nit-picking, inflammatory statements, knee-jerk reactions or sarcastic comments. This includes claims of cheating.
3. AARs will not become a source of Off-Topic discussions. Keep all comments relevant to the thread. OT posts will be deleted and warnings issued.
4. Listen to the Mods and Demi-Mods. Failure to do so will become most unpleasant.
5. Only one thread per AAR allowed, except in the case of a collaborative or MP AAR. In that case, pass it by the Moderating Team first.
6. Using or linking to graphics that depict questionable material will be deleted and a warning issued. Additionally, linking to graphics from a 3rd party site is to be discouraged, as it cuts into their bandwidth costs. Graphics should be hosted by yourself or through one of several free web-hosters.
7. There will be a maximum of 20 images per post allowed in any AAR post. Two or more AAR posts within an hour of the previous update will be considered a single post for determining the number of images. Use proper discretion in image usage and be mindful of your readers and the moderators computer load time. A helpful warning could be added to your title if you plan on having an image heavy AAR. This rule will be watched closely.
8. The following is a very important statement from the Administrators:
NOTE: There will not be any gulags or deathcamps (including POW camps) to build in Hearts of Iron 2, nor will there be the ability to simulate the Holocaust or systematic purges, so I ask you not to discuss these topics as they are not related to this game. Thank You.
NOTE: Strategic bombing in HoI will be abstracted and not allow you to terror bomb civilians specifically. Chemical weapons will also not be included in the game. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed without discussion.
NOTE: There will not be any swastikas in the game, because it IS illegal to show them in Germany and various other countries. Same goes for other Nazi symbols (e.g. related to the SS) or Nazi propaganda material, including songs etc. Any links posted to a mod which includes a Swastika or other illegal Nazi symbols will be deleted. Any threads that complain about this issue will be closed.
Anyone discussing any of the above items on this board is liable to be banned.
Now, with the unpleasant bits aside, you will find that we are extremely accessible and open to suggestions and ideas.
(plagiarized from the intro written by Lord Durham for HOI)