• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shadow Knight

Admiral of the Fleet
55 Badges
Apr 18, 2002
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Last edited:
Naval OOB and tech

I'm very familiar with naval history and technology (esp. covering the first half of the 20th century), and wonder if you need any help with OOB's or tech tree's for naval powers? Programming wise I'm a novice, but I can create the details and let somebody with more experience do the coding.

BTW, one example of my Naval experience / knowledge is the link in my sig :rolleyes:

Von Lippe said:
I'm very familiar with naval history and technology (esp. covering the first half of the 20th century), and wonder if you need any help with OOB's or tech tree's for naval powers? Programming wise I'm a novice, but I can create the details and let somebody with more experience do the coding.

All OOBs have been completed - fortunately we have a relevent copy of Conway's Fighting Ships.

As for technology suggestions, you are more than welcome to contribute. Keep an eye on the '1914: Technology' thread in the near future for when we begin to sort out details. :)

Last edited:
Could one of the mods please delete unnecessary postings in this thread (including this one) and please also post a warning not to post in here. Thanks.

I'm sure those of you who visit OT land have seen this

Quite stunning.

To late, but can I chip in when I fell necessary? Sorry.

Hey guys I found this pretty cool WWI site that has a broad topic of information and links to that expand on those topics. Seems like it could really help with pictures, tech ideas, etc.

Well here you go and enjoy: WWI Site

Well, it's not every nation, but I do have a list of the most commonly played nations IC.

Code:
	Base IC	Adjusted IC
USA		328	164
British Empire	254	228
German Empire	227	250
Russian Empire	140	160
French Empire	128	122
A-H Empire	79	95
Japanese Empire	72	79
Italy - w/o Libya	66	79
China Total	48	53
Spain Total	44	49
Brazil		36	41
Dutch Total	33	39
Ottoman Empire	33	44
Belgium & Congo	30	37
Argentina	25	26
Sweden		25	29
Mexico (Both)	22	var.
Romania		19	21
Greece		18	22
Bulgaria	16	19
Serbia		16	18
Norway		14	15
Portuguese Emp.	12	17
Persia		12	13

Allenby said:
Good job! :)

Perhaps this thread could be stickied? Otherwise it will drop off the first page...

Oh dear... Oh my... That was you at one time, Allenby, don't deny it. I used the quote button and everything ( :rolleyes: )

Drop off the first page. Now in the past month all we have is the first page...

I don't know what happened to 1914, you don't know, perhaps.. we ought not to know.

But in memory of your quote, let's finish it, and as the world shrinks every year of the last few remaining WWI vets (now 100 - 110 years old, literally and really living), keep their honor and memory alive. For like any war, it has it's bad, "good" only to the victor, and for the vanquished, crushed nationalistic hopes and dreams.

WWI left the Russian royal family dead (presumeably), 3 empires tobbled, new countries that had not existed in more than 100 years created, new ones that had never existed in history, created, and old ones, wiped off the map, for history...

And lest up be reminded, that the events of WWI, gave birth to WWII, and todays "politics", governed by God knows what. So again, as stated, let's finish mod 1914, when a soldier was proud of his country and wanted to serve, not instead drafted or a mercenary for hire. Thank you, that is all.