• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GhengisKhan said:
Combat units have a base percent chance to get a combat event during a combat which is inherintley low. When i posted my Land doctrine path comparisons the HQ units also give you a combat event mulitplier. Example a combat between unit A and B. Unit A on its own will have say a 2% for a combat event. If the unit is within the range of a HQ unit with a FM or General in charge it will have 2X the chance to score an event. So if unit A is within a HQ range then it will have a 4% chance to get a combat event. If the HQ didnt have a sufficient leader then they wouldn't get the event multiplier or the ESE bonus.

Yea I was wondering about that. However when I was testing exp gain for FMs the events appeared many more times than with a general. Are you sure its the same for both? Or does the general have a smaller chance than an FM? Or is it only dependant on the HQ being present.

F

Fiendix said:
Robert - the txt file in the db folder says that the penalty is 9% per level - so I dont know how you got 9.9%? Also Sufiy says that for armour its greater - however I cant find any such proof. Can you look into that again?

Thanks

F

I attacked Dunqurque, which has level 8 fortresses and the tooltip showed a 79,2% penalty to the attacker > 9,9% for each level. When I attacked into Cologne (level 3 fortresses), the tooltip showed a 29,7% penalty, again 9,9% for each level. The tooltips also show a penalty of 10,8% for armour when attacking fortresses so it is slightly higher.

Fiendix said:
Yea I was wondering about that. However when I was testing exp gain for FMs the events appeared many more times than with a general. Are you sure its the same for both? Or does the general have a smaller chance than an FM? Or is it only dependant on the HQ being present.

F

Well the HQ has a certian event level modifier so i would assume that it is constant. Now FM in general may have a better event % bonus or maybe it was tied to thier skill level.

Robert Koop said:
I attacked Dunqurque, which has level 8 fortresses and the tooltip showed a 79,2% penalty to the attacker > 9,9% for each level. When I attacked into Cologne (level 3 fortresses), the tooltip showed a 29,7% penalty, again 9,9% for each level. The tooltips also show a penalty of 10,8% for armour when attacking fortresses so it is slightly higher.

okay figured it out.. the problem was that there is a modifier of 10% for soft targets (except cavalery) and 20% for hard targets. At least at this tech level...

SO the base penalty is 9%, but +10% (9.9%) for inf and + 20% (10,8%) for tanks etc..

F

GhengisKhan said:
Well the HQ has a certian event level modifier so i would assume that it is constant. Now FM in general may have a better event % bonus or maybe it was tied to thier skill level.

okay i will keep that in mind when I do the tests.

F

I think that

Encircled Mod
- 10% if the unit is completely surrounded

and

No Retreat Possible
Eff-10% when attacked in a province that is surrounded. Only applicable to the defender.

are the same things.
and, please add this modifier. :rofl:

Paradropping
Eff-15% if the formation is paradrop to enemy province.

jimmyricken said:
Hi,

I am not sure. I remember to see a penalty of 10% and a penalty of 20% for envelopement. I think 20% are for a full envelopement, but I am not sure.

Gruß Jimmy

there are 2 modifiers -10 if you are enveloped ( + -10 for each over 3 territories you are being attacked from)

and -10 if you are completely surrounded..

F

Hi Fiendix,

oh, when I attack a completly surrounded province from 6 directions, than the defender gets -50% (10% for the first 3 directions, 30% for the 4, 5 and 6 direction and 10% for the total surrounding)? Is that right?

And thanks for your good list.

Gruß Jimmy

eye-switcher said:
Im not so sure about longer games, i say it seem like they have succeded in making hard for Axis to win. I think an average axis player may find his MP game finished really fast...

I don't think so. The advantage for the defender will help Germany defend against the Allies and the USSR too, slowing down the rush to Berlin.

Winkelried said:
I don't think so. The advantage for the defender will help Germany defend against the Allies and the USSR too, slowing down the rush to Berlin.

It really will depend on the tech levels of the german units. They need to have a tech advantage otherwise they will not have a big chance. Now the question is - with the current tech system can you have much of an advantage? Everybody will have the same tanks, inf - only diff will be in the doctrines. Will that be enough?

F

Fiendix said:
It really will depend on the tech levels of the german units. They need to have a tech advantage otherwise they will not have a big chance. Now the question is - with the current tech system can you have much of an advantage? Everybody will have the same tanks, inf - only diff will be in the doctrines. Will that be enough?

F

Look at Grosshaus AAR, when he venture outside historic dates he payed costly for it. I will think the advantage in tech will be very minor, but we will see.

Fiendix said:
okay figured it out.. the problem was that there is a modifier of 10% for soft targets (except cavalery) and 20% for hard targets. At least at this tech level...

SO the base penalty is 9%, but +10% (9.9%) for inf and + 20% (10,8%) for tanks etc..

F
Wow, this is all getting very complicated... nice, i wonder how exp is calculated.

6.3 All the units in the formation receive the leader trait unless the formation
goes over the leaders CPC.

Undoubled CPC. Isn't it?

- Traits:
- All 23 of FM's divs get applicable bonuses for both his traits.
- +10% for Offensive Doctrine.
- +10% for any armoured/mech divs in his 23, for Panzer Leader.
- All 2 of LG's divs get bonuses for his one Trait.

This seems wrong to me, when i put a Lt.G(offensive) in charge of an army which contains more then 3 divs then no div get the trait bonus. And there are two HQs present while i attack, with Generals in charge.

Also if anybody has the time can you please check this:

Combined Arms
when units number <= CPC(not double),
and (less than 100% and 30% or more) is Hard Units(arm mech...)...
attacker: Eff+5%
defender: Eff+15%

Lack of Supply
Eff-20%, when lack of Supply.
Fuel is not related to this Eff.

Multiple combat modifier
- 50% Multiple Combat

3.7 Depending on the level HQ's - they do not suffer from being flanked ie. in multiple combat ***** (as it seems - any other modifiers?)

F

Nice FAQ Fiendix

DarthMaur said:
Wow, this is all getting very complicated... nice, i wonder how exp is calculated.

Well, in the leader file there is a column called "ideal rank". This may affect leader XP gain (ie, greatest at ideal rank).

Gjerg Kastrioti said:
Nice FAQ Fiendix
Well, in the leader file there is a column called "ideal rank". This may affect leader XP gain (ie, greatest at ideal rank).

thanks - yea there might be something in that.. I will post the tables that I have when I have the time..

F