• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I love these multiplayer AARs, i cant wait to hear Novogorods point of view :p

Originally posted by Deaghaidh
Who is sienna, where did they come from and what do they want?

A small republic in Italy (just north of Rome), been there for a loong time, apparantly world domination (or just the pope's head on a plate :D)...

Siena is a city in Tuscany, "near" Florence.
It's famous for the Horse Race they do 2 times each year
in the central plaza in Renaissance Style.
Each faction of the town lives the whole year only to win this race

Originally posted by VultureGFF
HAha... Huszics gets his ass kicked every time :p
By Bib as France, now as Novgorod :p :D

You evil person :D

Anyway, the generally friendly peaceloving Novgorodians was happily building their country for the first 10 years.
Sending merchants all over the world and making RM all over the place they were content (<-- look o not u, so get of my back ;)) with having only a small army and minimal defences.

After ten years however the allaince treaty signed with the Danish however had to be renegotiated.
Taking advantage of this situation the Ugly, Unwashed crittens called the Poskovians DOWed!!
Not really a problem... however their allies include the TO and it's Prussian vassal.
ARRRGH!!

Having a standing army of 8k men and a yearly manpower of another 8-10k is't not very comforting to see several enemy armies in the 30k+ marching towards you.

The Noble Novgorodian leaders thus quickly pleaded to the Danish (no, not the type you eat) to help them in the war, which they agreed to do.

Without the danes the Novgorodians would have lost the war years ago.
Their boarder raids using the Danish fleet is virtually crucial for occuping some of the enemy troops.

The Novgorodian peasents also fight valiantly to the death, and also quite successfully against the Poskovians as well as the Prussians.
The high numerical as well as better trained troops of the TO however easily crush the poor Novgorodians.
Thus they have resorted to a war of attrition and partisan countrattacks to harrass the enemy (discovering a few bugs in the process).
This is working resonably successfully, and the deathtoll for the invaders are numbering at least 5:1.
However every spring for the last 4 years new 30-40k armies has marched over the borders to the lands of the Novgorodians against the much weaker 8k pesant forces the Novgorodians manage to raise.

Well... that's it sofar from the Novgorodian grey eminence.

Anyway, good times should be ahead for Huszics, now that I have taken out Lithuania, I should be able to fully concentrate on my war with the Teutonic ORder :D Polish Hussars to the rescue!

Was it really worth killing your Lithuanian son, BiB? :)

Did you have any leaders?

And how do you use your allies fleet to raid?

I don't like the idea that two countries with the same monarch go to war...

What about the Amber route? Does the country controlling that route get extra $$$???

How are the Turks faring?

IMPORTANT: Can you win a war by not actually taking any provinces? I mean, historically, to win a war it was enough to destroy the enemies army (usually done in one big battle :)).

Thank you for the (lack) of answers... Ooooh.... I hope I can post this here...

ADDED JUST TO SHOW I AM NOT A SPAMMER:
I think the clock is screwed, it says it's four in the morning...
And I feel sorry for Huszics, the guy obviously types the 'c*nt' too much in search engines.......
Mind if you tell me the stage the BETA is in so I might now how much stuff is still liable to change? Preferably in %. Thanks in advance (boy am I kind today or what? :D)

Last edited:
Hungary got Transsylvania.

Tell me something new BiB!!!!!
Transsylvania was an integral part of Hungary until that damn WW1 ended.

I meant leaders!!!!!!!! BTW, did the Paradox guys edit some of the maps, there were many threads on the problems of Carnolia, the two eastern provinces of Austria!!!!!! that was never ever part of it, the city names, and that Hungary was Europes no. 2 gold producer.

Any information is more than welcome on that.

Thanks (in advance) BiB.:D :D

Originally posted by wingman

Very worrysome, this is a bad way to abuse the game there better be some penalties:
1- -1 stab
2- 3year CB
3- other AI's don't loan for the next 20 years
4- your bank loans are 5% higher for the next 5 years

I like the idea of taking loans from AI countries but not if it leads to abuse. I mean my abuse of them:D

You speak wisely, my friend. :D

Originally posted by Attila the Hun

Tell me something new BiB!!!!!
Transsylvania was an integral part of Hungary until that damn WW1 ended.

I meant leaders!!!!!!!! BTW, did the Paradox guys edit some of the maps, there were many threads on the problems of Carnolia, the two eastern provinces of Austria!!!!!! that was never ever part of it, the city names, and that Hungary was Europes no. 2 gold producer.

Any information is more than welcome on that.

Thanks (in advance) BiB.:D :D

Oh Hungary is biger than it was before ...

Originally posted by Huszics

You evil person :D

Anyway, the generally friendly peaceloving Novgorodians was happily building their country for the first 10 years.
Sending merchants all over the world and making RM all over the place they were content (<-- look o not u, so get of my back ;)) with having only a small army and minimal defences.

After ten years however the allaince treaty signed with the Danish however had to be renegotiated.
Taking advantage of this situation the Ugly, Unwashed crittens called the Poskovians DOWed!!
Not really a problem... however their allies include the TO and it's Prussian vassal.
ARRRGH!!

Having a standing army of 8k men and a yearly manpower of another 8-10k is't not very comforting to see several enemy armies in the 30k+ marching towards you.

The Noble Novgorodian leaders thus quickly pleaded to the Danish (no, not the type you eat) to help them in the war, which they agreed to do.

Without the danes the Novgorodians would have lost the war years ago.
Their boarder raids using the Danish fleet is virtually crucial for occuping some of the enemy troops.

The Novgorodian peasents also fight valiantly to the death, and also quite successfully against the Poskovians as well as the Prussians.
The high numerical as well as better trained troops of the TO however easily crush the poor Novgorodians.
Thus they have resorted to a war of attrition and partisan countrattacks to harrass the enemy (discovering a few bugs in the process).
This is working resonably successfully, and the deathtoll for the invaders are numbering at least 5:1.
However every spring for the last 4 years new 30-40k armies has marched over the borders to the lands of the Novgorodians against the much weaker 8k pesant forces the Novgorodians manage to raise.

Well... that's it sofar from the Novgorodian grey eminence.

"Cuntent?" HARHAR HAR :)
Quite a laugh ;)

And I am NOT evil :D

Originally posted by Huszics

I'm curious to know how you were able to pull that off against more highly trained enemy forces.

Btw, how many provinces does Novgorod start off with?

Played a bit more. Ended the war against Prussia (diplo annexed immediately after the war by the Teutons) by accepting huge indemnities but refraining from taking lands.

Muscowy joined our alliance and Austria was kicked out for having Polish core provinces.

I set free the Ukrainian people in their own state while upgrading our infrastructure in between wars.

Our trusty, belligerous ally Bohemia was funded some more. 500 ducats sent over so far. They used it to lose a war against my vassal, Pommern.

A deal was struck with Austria. They would declare war on Hungary, my ally, and we'd get the 2 Austrian Polish provs. I would not help out my ally Hungary and Austria would get some provs from them, the ones he got a CB on.

Leaders were trained to make the Polish Hussars even stronger. Soon the Teutonic Order will be history ...

Originally posted by BiB

I set free the Ukrainian people in their own state while upgrading our infrastructure in between wars.

As a vassal?

We had a few more ppl join in today, Nobbs and State Machine had Burgundy.. Gryphon was Muscovy and Niccolo Rising took France.

And I of course waged a five year war with Pommerania to a stalemate heading towards bankruptcy... All becuase I forgot to turn up the maintenance sliders :)

Luckily BiB funded my wars...

Whew

Never did MP before. Play is fast, and I have a million messages set as popup for beta testing purposes. Scream.

Previously England ai had vassalized Burgundy. England DoW's France (Niccolo). First French allies beat me up, then Niccolo does and Borgogne is about to fall. I sent an offer to France to settle for 50D, while begging in the chat window. Niccolo took it. Hehe, he forgot I was a player, not the ai. Got out of trouble cheap. :)

I gotta ask BiB for some money...