• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Today we played another multiplayer run.. With 5 players in a GC for 2.5hours... Got too tired and gotta go home sleep so we save for now..

Johan - Bohemia
Huzics - Novgorod
Doomdark - France
Produce Pete - Austria
BiB - Poland

And boy, was this game hard... Of course it started nicely with Bohemia and Austria splitting Bavaira... BUT then I as bohemia fought defensice wars for five years to survive, even if I gained Anhalt from it all.

And when I honored the alliance I had with Poland by sending Jan Zizka, my entire army got slaughtered on the Ukrainan steppes, losing the best leader Bohemia gets in a blink of an eye.

Currently Doomdark is still struggling to fend of the english, AND Novgorod is in dire straits...

Poland on the other hand has taken all Lithuanian provinces bar the capital and 2 provinces going to Austria. PLC in 1434 :D

Before that big war I saved up on armies, kicked Lithuania out of my alliance and DOW'ed. Which got me to -2 stab, which hurt. However the war went nicely our way with the result above.

Before that period I stayed out of the Bohemian and Lithuanian and Hungarian imperialistic affairs, apart from the occasional loan (which never gets repayed by human players :D ). I attacked Pommerania and Moldavia which enabled me to vassalise all 3 in total victories.

In between the early wars and the big PLC war I put my nation into order and did some infrastructural investments and sent out some traders. Efforts were made to make the Polish cavalery even stronger than it already was. We kept our alliance of Poland, Lithuania, Hungary and Bohemia together. Later Lithuania was replaced by Austria.

With the PLC war behind us we're still at war with the Livonian Order. Time to get some Baltic Coast ...

I declared war on Milan, had a few setbacks at the start (low morale was even worse than I thought it'd be, and Milan captured Tyrol even!)

Then Bavaria declared war on me, I outmanouvered them and set siege to they're capital, Bohemia seized the chance and declared war on them too (bloody oppurtunists!)

Anyways, I captured the Bavarian capital, then moved my armies to liberate Tyrol, then Bohemia makes peace taking Ansahlt or whatever that other Bavarian province is. In the meanwhile I move another army to besiege Milan. I then got a diplomat and annexed Bavaria! (All 1 province of it) Muhahahahah

Then Milan falls, then Tyrol falls, and a diplomat shows up, and I annexed Milan. 2-0! :D

Then for some 5-6 years I was quiet and didn't do anything but raise bailiffs and pay off 1 loan. Poland goes to war with Lithuania sometime in the 1430's, and invites me to they're alliance. sounds good I think, and join the alliance and the war and move my army to attack Lithuani. Eventually I'm controlling 4 lithuanian provinces, but decide to make peace with Lithuania taking only 2.

BiB carried on with his war on Lithuania.

At some point I fought a "war" against Prussian and the Teutons too, tho our soldiers never fought. I eventually signed a white peace with them.

I am really looking forward to the Huzics, Novograd point of view... do his nation and Poland border now?

Also, are other Betazoids MP testing, or just you 5?

Originally posted by BiB

Before that period I stayed out of the Bohemian and Lithuanian and Hungarian imperialistic affairs, apart from the occasional loan (which never gets repayed by human players :D ).

Very worrysome, this is a bad way to abuse the game there better be some penalties:
1- -1 stab
2- 3year CB
3- other AI's don't loan for the next 20 years
4- your bank loans are 5% higher for the next 5 years

I like the idea of taking loans from AI countries but not if it leads to abuse. I mean my abuse of them:D

I think we bruised Huszics ego , and he dosen't want to catch any flak from us. ;)

He sure has it rough.....yep yessiree...all that beta testing.....yep....life is so tough.

Last edited:
Originally posted by wingman

Very worrysome, this is a bad way to abuse the game there better be some penalties:
1- -1 stab
2- 3year CB
3- other AI's don't loan for the next 20 years
4- your bank loans are 5% higher for the next 5 years

I like the idea of taking loans from AI countries but not if it leads to abuse. I mean my abuse of them:D

Euhm, I just described how I sent money over to Johan who never repays :D I started a war over that in the other game. 66 ducats then. Now it was 200 ducats but Johan was in my alliance :( :D ;)

Cause you can't kick out alliance members when the alliance is at war..

At least Hungary was good for something there :)