• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Leonidas recieved the message from Ares about the fate of Odysseus. Afterwards Leonidas was not sure how the message was delivered, first he was unaware of the council of gods, then he was aware of its outcome.

Leonidas began to muster troops. He visited the temples of Ares and Artemis, seeking for guidance. Then he sent out the following proclamation:

Leonidas goes to war against Odysseus. Others may join, if they wish to answer the call of gods.

The Atlantic Chronicles:
Chapter I
Bellerophon was a wise, benevolent ruler. He called his realm Atlantis, after Poseidon's second, greater domain on which the capital city was situated. Quite quickly, he sent teams of his people to unsettled land nearby. The new settlements would grow quickly. Diplomatically, he talked with Pelops to the north, who agreed to a natural, peaceful division of Iberia. And so, Bellerophon spent decades tending to his land and strengthening it. A defensive alliance was signed with Pelops, bolstering the peace in the region as the people grew.

Occasionally Ares would come and give a challenge, and twice Pan raped a girl. The populations were not happy when they heard Bellerophon’s reaction to Pan’s actions. However, all 40,000 rebels were put down, much to Hades’ delight, and all was well.

The First of Conflicts
And so Atlantis prospered. But then, Pelops began to grow unfriendly. After a decade of peaceful coexistence with Bellerophon, Pelops refused to renew the defensive pact, and began ‘asking’ for Murcia ‘as a gift’. Outraged at this, Bellerophon refused and quickly signed an alliance with old Theseus in Gaul. In response, the fool Pelops allied Perseus in Carthage. And so a standoff began that would last for years. Relatively equal armies staring at each other, both standing on favorable defensive land. If war were to come, it would be hard fought.

However, before long, Theseus would entangle himself in affairs too far to the east for Bellerophon to busy himself. It was not possible – he had to defend Atlantis. He had to stand to Pelops’ ugly threats. So Theseus cancelled his alliance, at least on paper, though both sides agreed it would be renewed after the great war in the east ended.

However, not long after Theseus’ army marched for New Sparta, Pelops delivered an ultimatum.

Pelops seemed to believe it was his destiny to dominate Iberia. And Perseus seemed to think the same for North Africa, though he cited how his empire was somehow split in half. It boggled Bellerophon how having a single, dirt-poor province on the edge of the world not directly connected to its mother empire gave Carthage a claim that its empire was ‘divided’. Poseidon, and his realm of the sea separated wealthy Sicily from the Carthaginian mainland – he was doing much more to ‘divide’ Carthage than Bellerophon was. Bellerophon prayed to Poseidon to keep up his division of Carthaginian land.

Surrender Estramurdia and Orania to myself and Perseus came a simple message from Pelops.

Bellerophon snorted. Quickly he scribbled two words onto a piece of papyrus, and headed out of his tent towards the royal stables, where Pegasus was kept.

His royal advisors were close behind. “Shouldn’t we give more thought to our response?” said one. “It’s too risky! We cannot risk war,” said another. But Bellerophon had chosen his path. His pride burned brightly as he arrived at the stables and mounted Pegasus.

“I’ll be back within an hour,” he said.

Flying on a winged steed was and still is an incredible sensation. It was a short trip – with Bellerophon and his 40,000 men camped at Granada only a few miles from Pelops and his 40,000 men in Toledo. Within half and hour, our hero landed, much to the sentries’ surprise, right in front of Pelops’ royal tent. Bellerophon smirked as he handed the note to Pelops directly, mounted Pegasus and flew high into the sky.

He could only imagine what was going through Pelops mind as Pelops read the simple note. He quickly reared the flying horse around, and charged back quickly in a low swoop, straight towards Pelops. He whispered something to Pegasus, and the horse dutifully dropped its payload. Splat.

Bellerophon laughed maniacally as he imagined Pelops shaking in anger, covered in Pegasus’s wreaking waste, ripping apart the note that read, Eat this.

The First Atlantean War
And so they went to war. For some months it was quite a standstill, until Pelops got over his timidity and the great armies clashed in Andalusia. Within days, surely by the aid of Poseidon, thousands of Peloponnesians were dead, and the rest fled back towards Catalonia. Ruthlessly, Bellerophon pursued them. He finally caught up to Pelops in Catalonia, where Bellerophon and his Atlantian cavalry converged on Pelop’s few remaining guard. The results were brutal, and all of Pelops men were slaughtered. Overseeing the battle from the skies, Bellerophon spied Pelops fleeing. His chest swollen, he swept down behind the fleeing enemy, aimed true, and cast a javelin. Bellerophon’s aim was as right as it was when he slew the Chimera. Pelops was dead.

However, in victory Bellerophon’s hubris swelled. He forgot why Zeus had nearly killed him in the other world. Within a year, he would be besieging Valencia with an army of primarily infantry. As thousands of Peloponnesian cavalry suddenly appeared and began flooding into the area, instead of fleeing as he should have, Bellerophon took to the skies and ordered his army to prepare for battle.

Unfortunately, Bellerophon’s army stood no chance on the open plain. The battlefield was too far inland – Bellerophon had made it impossible for Poseidon to help. His army was quickly routed, entirely killed or captured. He attempted to flee on Pegasus, but some peltast, using a spear made by Hephaestus himself no doubt, managed to knock him off his noble steed. He would perish.

The tide would fluctuate there after. For a while, things looked grim, until Theseus’ Gallic warriors began pouring over Pelops’ northern border to aid the Atlantean cause. Perseus, meanwhile, had occupied all of Africa including the great city of Atlantis, but was helpless to join the fight in Iberia because of the great Atlantian navy. Eventually, with Bellerophon and Pelops both dead, the regents of both countries agreed to a simple peace – Toledo to Atlantis. The Gauls were greatly disappointed by this, as they had hoped for a little something for themselves. Therefore, in the Underworld, Bellerophon promised he would make it up to Theseus (who had been killed by Autolycus several years earlier).

FirstAtlanteanWar.jpg

End of the First Atlantean War. Note Enemy claims include Murcia, 'asked' for by Pelops and Fez, which is required for Perseus to 'unify' Carthage.

The End of the Beginning
On the other side of the world, news would come of Odysseus killing Medea and annexing her land. News of this reached Atlantis, but few seemed concerned. Unless the deities directly asked Atlantis to get involved, it seemed to costly and far away to be worth it, especially since Atlantis needed time to rebuild and recover.

And so Bellerophon (and his regent) had managed to establish Atlantis on the map, and as a dominant power in the west. Bellerophon, though he had taken many strides forward, had much more coming for him and he knew it.

The challenge is just getting started – I can’t wait.

A dark shadow

Pelops had long been gathering the hosts of the Peloponnesus again while they fought to destroy rebels hiding in the mountains. Now, with the rebels nearly defeated he began planning.

For Hephaestos had ordered him to aid in the punishment of Odysseus the dishonest, and he was prepared to sned a few thousand men to aid in the battles. But now, disturbing rumours came from his northern neighbour.

As he himself had thought long as a possibility, now too did the servants of Hades claim that Odysseus served the titans. And while Theseus himself had said nothing except that he would let the forces of Pelops pass on their way to Ithaca, some of his people did say disturbing things.

Pelops now knew that he had to go himself, for of all the people of his kingdom he alone had even the smallest chance to discover the truth behind the rumours, he alone might sense it if Odysseus truly served darker powers.

Thus, Pelops will go forth with the army of the Peloponnesus to aid in the struggle against Ithaca, and if possible to determine how great the threat of Odysseus truly is. He has not yet had confirmation that Hercules would let him pass, but he is certain that he will.

"I obey." said Leonidas.

"Good, I am sure you will come up with something. I got to run now, you know how it is, toodledoo!" said Ares and left.

Leonidas was wondering what Autoclys had done to offend Aphrodite. Perhaps he had visited her temple without a shield, women in Leonidas' experience did seem to have a fixation with shields. "Come back with your shield or on it!", how often had Leonidas heard that from his former wife?

Well, one trouble at a time. Trouble #1 was Odysseus.

The Journey Continues... Zeus teaches his son more then just how to seduce women

"You know Hercules, I can't keep on pulling you away from Hades all the time. My brother must have some fun you know and stopping people from entering the underworld really annoys him. But seeing as you are my favourite son and all and you did a really nice Job with Mycena, I will let you off this time. But don't do it again lad"

"Yes Dad"

"Now my son, I have a task for you. I want you to keep up the good work on expanding my realm, it really looks good on a map by the way, but I mainly want you to do some smitting. Odeyuss has annoyed the other Gods, so I want you to do something about him. It doesn't have to be anything too much, It may even be nothing more then granting the others who want to fight passage into his lands, but I want you to do something. Anything will do, but we have to keep up apperances. Got it?"

"Sure Dad. You want me to smite your enemies"

"Yes, smite, but don't smite if you have nothing to smite with. Okay then? Off you go. Have fun son!"

The Story of Troy – from a bad beginning ...

With great industry the Trojan people began spreading out across Asia minor, crossing the Bospherous and even colonising up into Thrace and Rumania. Borders were agreed with Phoenicia, Media and Mycenae and all looked well. Time moved on and his people grew older, the fine lines around Andromache’s eyes grew more pronounced and his nightly prayers to Apollo seemed to go unanswered, he was doomed it apeared to live here and watch his wife and children slowly age and die.

The first event of import to affect Troy was when Odysseus took his realm to war against Media overrunning her armies and putting all her cities under siege. Honouring Medea’s pea for aid Hector personally led the Trojan army across the Georgian mountain into Medea, routing one army after another and sending Odysseus himself to flight on numerous occasions until he had less than a couple of thousand men remaining to him. Media was saved and Odysseus agreed to a white peace and the Trojans went back once more to extending their settlements, this proved a mistake as it turned out for Odysseus had been beaten at that time and a less lenient peace may have saved Medea from what was yet to come…

The first thing to come was a war against Heracles as the son of Zeus grew jealous of Trojan colonies near Thrace and declared war breaking the peace agreement between the two realms. The war began with Hector commanding the main Trojan army in Thrace and putting the initial attack by Heracles to flight, however the Greeks controled the vital sea passage between Asia Minor and Thrace and reinforcing the greek mainland proved nigh on impossible for the Trojans. Whilst Leonidas bravely tried to help Troy Hector final had to accept the loss of newly colonised Bulgaria when he remained cut off from Asia Minor and with less than 6000 men remaining.

And so the path was set, Mycenae continued to build up her navy whilst Troy desperately tried to catch up in the naval race to no avail, for without command of the straits the writing was clear for all to see how things would go there and Heracles was not slow to disappoint. A decade later he declared war again on Troy after having agreed before hand that the gain of Bulgaria was enough to satisfy him. Clearly he wouldn’t be satisfied until he held all the lands on the west bank of the Aegean. Whilst Leonidas once more struck at Mycenae’s north, this time Odysseus took the opportunity to invade Media again whilst Hector was distracted elsewhere. The result was grim.

Once more Odysseus’s armies destroyed Media’s forces in record time putting every last province under siege. Hector had no choice, he had to abandon any thought of an invasion of Mycenae and instead try and save Media. As he left Troy he was not to know he was saying goodbye to Andromache for the last time, even now, her hair turning white and the bloom of her beauty gone he still knew there would be no other woman for him.

Leading the army of over 40,000 men in two waves across the Georgian mountains he began once more clearing the lowlands of enemy forces, raking up many an initial victory, this time however Odysseus gathered his forces together far more competently than before, abandoning the sieges all across Media to combat Hector. Unfortunately Media didn’t take this opportunity to raise new troops, so when Hector’s main army of 40,000 met a similar sized force under Odysseus and Odysseus took the day Media’s fate was sealed. Hector tried to retreat back across the mountains but his remaining forces were cut down and only Apollo’s intervention saved him from Hades clutch.

Hector’s brave foray had cost Troy dear. In the mean time Heracles had crossed the Bospherous and held the Trojan capital and all the Trojan messages to Leonidas to find out what he was doing, was he winning, losing in his war with Mycenae? All these questions were ignored. The capital was eventually retaken by which time Media had been destroyed with no one else to help her.

All know the result of what happened there. Having taken every town and city Odysseus demanded all of Media’s provinces except the capital for peace, this was seven populated provinces in total. Then not even satisfied with that he immediately attacked the capital of Media again before the ink on the parchment signing peace was dry. The whole world was aghast at this treachery enough so that even Troy and Mycenae began urgently discussing ways to put aside their past differences and face this new threat from the north.

War raged also in the southeast between Orion of Phoenicia who’s kindom centered outwards from Lebanon, and King Midas of Phyrgia who was based around Egypt. Orion had come to Troys aid following Hectors fall at the hands of Odysseus, but Midas had decided this presented an excellent opportunity to strike whilst his neighbour was distracted and gain some much covetted gold. The war did not go well for Orion, and though Troy gave her full support to Orion despite the recent ravishes of war against Mycenae and Odysseus, Orion was already severly under siege by the time Troy as free to enter the field such that Midas held the day and pushed his borders on up into Jordan and Samaria. Truly Troy seemed cursed in those days, yet Hector vowed to set matters to rights and save his realm. Apollo had healed his broken body and returned him to his people, and even though his dear wife Andromache had died a broken heart during his absense these were still his people and he would do right by them for the greater good of the whole and the glory of the Gods.

Last edited:
Book I

Tha lance was cast, and the throw was good. It pierced the helm as if it
were nothing more then a thin rabbit hide. He was, of course, dead before
he hit the ground, armor and all.

It was then, that the sky grew dark. Lightning flew and thunder cracked.

"By the Gods Father, what have have you done? You've angered Zeus himself!"

"So it appears... though I do not know why. I did what had to be done- my
actions were not born of wicked intent- but of an honest burning anger."

"Rest assured noble Laertes, your actions have brought nothing but honor
upon you and your family."

The voice, feminine, yet strong and powerful- came from behind the trio.
They turned to meet this new vioce, and were met by none other then grey eyed Athena- as beautful as ever and clad in battle armor. Her eyes
shifted over to one of the other men of the trio.

"As have your's Odysseus- you've rightly reclaimed your house and put an
end to those who attempted to take what was rightfully yours."

"If that is the case Athena, why does Zeus rage so?" asked Odysseus.

"What you see is not the rage of Zeus, but the very end of the world
itself. All humanity will perish shortly... all except the select chosen
by their patron god or goddess- and I have chosen to save you and Ithaca
Odysseus. A new world has been created, on it you shall be my champion
and Ithaca shall be my nation."

".....having at long last come home after such a long voyage, goddess, I
cannot say that I look forward to abandoning my home for yet another long
journey. Yet, if our only alternative is utter obliteration, we shall
form this new nation. Just say the word, and we shall abandon all and set
sail for this 'new world'."

Smiling at his naiveity Athena answered him, "Rest assured, no long
journey is required of you. In fact, we have already arrived."

So intent were the men upon the goddess that they had not even noticed
that the thunder had stopped, and that the sun once again shone upon their
face.

"Spread across this new land Odysseus, yet remember to build temples to
honor my name. Rule with the fierceness and wisdom you've always shown,
and Nike will always be at your side."

Athena faded away- and mighty Odysseus, King of New Ithaca and Champion of Athena, was left speechless as he pondered this new situation.

Phrygia - The Saga Continues

Midas stared over the river Pactolus and thought about the three decades which lied behind him. Thirty years passed already and the price for his beloved ones was high. His daughter was already old, his favourite horse dead and buried, and his wife's hair was white as snow. Soon all his beloved ones would be in the compagnionship of Hades.

Midas' own compagnionship was that of the other immortals, those beings who were already in the middle of intrigue, backstabbing and warfare.
They call themself hero's. Well, Midas hadn't seen much noble deeds yet. He thought about it for a while...

The legendary Odysseus? He showed he doesn't not care about treaties. He invaded a helpless opponent twice. Broke a treaty after one day to annex her realm. Who would dare to sign a pact with such a dishonourable scum?
No wonder the Gods left him to rot.

Midas wondered if Pallas Athene knew what sort of champion she had choosed. Judging from the image drawn by the Homeran tales, Midas certainly would not have choosed Odysseus. He only serves himself.

Other hero's most likely do too, like Autolycus, famous for unheroic deeds. Horse stealing and lockpicking, not quite the deeds that will make bards sing your glory. But that's quite right for a son of Hermes.
Which puzzled Midas. Why has Hermes two champions?
If one would ask him, Midas would say that Perseus soon would find out that he was only a feather in the godly wind of intrigue. As everyone was, of course. But if you are going to be tricked by the Gods, there are better choices then Hermes.
Midas was glad he ended up with Dionysus. Often the wine lord was too drunk to take notice about his deeds and the other times he mostly did not care much.

And that's how it ought to be. The Gods should not bother a ruler of a thriving country too much. Their role is to answer prayers and to help the hero's and kings of this world to perform glorious deeds.
In the meantime they can be busy with themselves, food for amusing tales too.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Gods had other ideas about everyone's role in the universe.

Well, how about the other immortal who wander this fascinating world then? Any hero's amongst them?
Not much.

Take Orion. He joined a unholy alliance of four nations to attack Mycenea. Of him I took personally care. After a long war Orion was casted down on the battlefield and Artemis saw her temple going down in flames. And Phrygia received two wealthy provinces.

Medea was quickly overrun by Odysseus. Pelops fought with Bellerophon. So did Perseus. Autolycus fought twice with the Gauls. The Gauls have warred with every neighbour. Heracles conquered two provinces from the Trojans, but what always attacked by New Sparta in the back. And the Trojans?

So far, they seem the only one who only have fought defensive wars. Hah! That was something Midas remembered from the past too...Soon they will be fortifying their city again, for the past always repeats itself.

A rude voice woke Midas from his slumbering thoughts.

"Midas! Thinking about Gold again, aren't we? You should remember the curse...Stop thinking about that glittery metal for once, I beg you!

Midas noticed Dionysus sitting behind him on a rock, throwing an empty jar over his shoulder.

"So where was I" Dionysus asks as he raises another jar - "oh yes, Zeus. Yep he wants us all to sail off up north and teach Odysseus a lesson. Can't say I blame him, the guy can't tell a decent wine from horse piss, and poor Medea, well I can't bring myself to tell you of the state Hermes found her body in!"

"Anyway we better all do Zeus's bidding and help get Hera off his back, so no messing about until Zeus is satisfied. Now I must be off, Cottyto is holding a party and I really wouldn't want to miss it."

And with that, Dionysus left. Only leaving the stench of his breath.

Just how much does he drink? muttered Midas.

And he began thinking again.

Those famous parties of Dionysus. Twice did he already visited Delta, causing great chaos. And Pan, always having fun with Phrygian women.
And those are the least bothering of the Gods. Ares and Hermes caused me some more trouble!
Yes, I still remember the rebel brigands almost burning my Capital. Rebels supported by Ares, no doubt.

Sigh. So, the Gods cannot punish Odysseus themself? They need the help of mere humans?

So mote it be. I will support the crusade, while keeping an eye on my neighbours. A honour they will return, no doubt.

Last edited:
If the point is sharp, and the arrow is swift, it can pierce through the dust no matter how thick.
Bob Dylan

Wholeness, emptyness.... Again..

Where had it gone wrong? Phoenicia had prospered, Phoenicia had grown, the borders had expanded everywhere, great cities had been built, mighty walls protected them. Phoenician merchants had been welcome everywhere and brought back great wealth from their destinations.

But alas, all this could not protect Phoenicia. When the scheming Odysseus and the strong-arming Hercules threatened to overrun Media and Troy, I saw no option but to aid my neigbours against these agressors. Brave Hector had perished in the defense of Media, and the armies of Troy were nowhere near the great city when Hercules launched his campaign across the Aegean. Swiftly, I led the Phoenician cavalry through the passes of Troy, and arrived just in time to meet the Mycenean armies outside the gates of the great city. The strong-arm Hercules was amongst the first to fall to my arrows, the Aeons amongst the stars had not reduced my skill, and many more followed. The army of Mycenae was routed, and killed to the men on the beaches where they made their final stand.

After this heroic victory, our armies marched quickly east to aid the Medians against the scheming Odysseus. But when we reached the border to Media, a messenger caught up with us, the greedy Midas had claimed the lands of Phoenicia, and even now were his armies marching into our fair country. With all haste, we marched south again, and opposed the Phrygians wherever we could, but the long marches had taken their toll, and our best efforts were not enough to repel their treacherous attack. We were regrouping in the northern mountains when the terrible news arrived, the scheming Odysseus had overtrown the Median government, and had added the lands to his.

However, not all hope was lost, as this also meant that the Trojans would now perhaps be able to aid us in repelling the greedy Midas, nearly 50,000 of the bravest Trojans and Phoenicians marched south to defeat greedy Midas once and for all. After a failed Phrygian assault, our troops assembled to rout them back to whence they came, but then Dyonisus stepped out of line - who else would want to throw our army into disarray by turning the very sands of the desert against us! Greedy Midas no doubt knew of this, as his men immediately turned and started to pursue our armies. I stood there, with a few noble comrades, Phoenician and Trojan, to let the remainder regroup in safety. Many Phrygians perished there, but one by one, my comrades fell.

And then I were suddenly back here, I dread thinking of what has become of Phoenicia, and can only hope that I may lead her back to her rightful glory.

The Story of Troy – From a Bad beginning, hope blossoms

Many were those who answered Zeus’ called for it was not only the Gods who were aghast at Odysseus’ behaviour, and Hector and Orion more than most perhaps feared the warlord from the north for who next would Odysseus target?

For Hector though it was also personal. Odysseus had slain his mortal body and only Apollo’s intervention had saved him from Hades path. Yet his death had seen him miss the last days of Andromeche’s life and whenever he thought on this his blood boiled. Odysseus would pay for his actions and not just for the death of Media!

His friend Leonidas was the first to march on the tyrant’s lands storming the ramparts of Kaffa and Kerch, yet he was not the only one. Hector was next into the breach and swiftly led a force of 40,000 in the east, and others over time too would enter the fray for their enemy was great in his power and not easily bested. Pelops, Orion and Perseus, even the gold coveting king Midas were rumoured to have made an appearance and each would contribute to Odysseus’ downfall yet the brunt of the war was shouldered by Sparta and Troy and it was Hector who cast down Odysseus’ last main army on the plains of Kouban and so avenged his lost years.

Media was liberated yet the people of those lands still feared Odysseus for they had been overrun by Odysseus too many times in the past when Medea was Queen and wanted no return to such times. Hector vowed he would make all salutations and honour to the Goddess Hera and maintain the great temples in her name, he would also protect her people as though they were his own. To his friend Orion who had stood by Troy during the early dark days of this world Hector saw that he was also rewarded, perhaps in excess of his contribution to the war, with governorship over former Median lands and afterwards when the rumours reached him that his friend had allegedly stolen sieges from King Midas on more than one occasion during the war he was troubled at this breach of honour in his friend.

After overseeing the instigation of stable government in Media Hector returned to Troy and the grave of Andromeche and there he planted a blood red Cotinus bush brought from the lands of the east, a testament to his undying love. Great Zeus he prayed, task me if you will and I will obey, a great temple I will build in your name, I pray, return my wife to me.

Hector knew not if mighty Zeus would answer and a part of him expected silence from the Gods. He had accomplished their bidding and now their interest would move on, yet he would build a great temple to Zeus all the same for it was right that the father of the Gods be honoured in all realms. Hector also met with Heracles at this time and the peace of Thrace was hammered out. In the interests of stability and to bring an end to the wars between Mycenae and Troy Hector agreed to allow Heracles to govern Thrace in return for a hefty sum of gold, a sum that would go a long way to pay for the temple to Zeus. Heracles and Hector also agreed that should Odysseus invade either of them for the next score years the other would respond. Hector didn’t think Odysseus would be so foolish when he made this rash promise, but others were making agreements with Odysseus that Hector was not privy to and this promise would come back to haunt him.

Aye, haunt him it did for Heracles began blustering about war against his friend Leonidas. Hector could not lead his people in war on Heracles or the peace of Thrace would have been for naught but he had not expected Ithaca to invade Mycenae too and so force him to honour his sworn word. Yet honour it he must for he had never broken it yet and wasn’t about to do so now. So it was that Trojan armies marched on Ithaca for the second time in three decades yet Hector was not intent on crippling Ithaca. King Midas had told him about the wine province of Volgograd and how Dionysus would surely be honoured should a temple to him be erected there and so Hector only asked for this site for peace with Ithaca, a site that also gave access to the dark lands of legend in the north where Titans were feared to tread. Hector had done his duty and brought Odysseus’ attention and forces away from Mycenae, but Mycenae had been unable to take full advantage of this when Hector made peace, and so the war continued across the Bospherous, a war that neither side looked likely to win though Spartan soldiers were seen on more than one occasion besieging Thrace. Hector hoped the money he sent to Leonidas helped.

So it was that the dark years of Troy had ended and if not a golden age, then at least an age of Hope had arrived. Troy was now strong, strong enough to defend her borders and help her friends. Mycenae may still control the seas and in that regard none could challenge her and Troy had been forced to give up ambition in Thrace in return for a safer and more prosperous future elsewhere. Perhaps one day her people would be re-united, but Hector knew it would not be any day soon.

Perseus Journals

Chapter IV Wrath of Gods

Odysseus had offended gods a crusade had been called to punish him for hes crimes. I Perseus answered the call Leonidas of New Sparta made. 40 000 calvalry and 5 000 infantry I Perseus leaded to ships that raised sails toward Troy who had granted passage through hes lands.

In Troy I Perseus waited the call of Leonidas that finally come and so declaratrion of war was sent to Odysseus. As it was long way to home my army was divided in two so one could reinforce another if needed. I crossed border and soon message arrived from Phoenicia that he would relieve me Perseus from siege asking that Carthagean troops would protect hes siege. I Perseus accepted that and left the second army to protect Phoenician troops while moving north. Unfortunedly there Odysseus laid trap to me with only half of my army over 55 000 troops under command of Odysseus stormed over my army. Fast my troops were struckt down. In the end only I standed when Odysseus himself striked fatal blow that sent me in the darkness yet this time there was no peacefull dream of death but mist that binded me in world of death. I saw the new world my people yet I was away out of reach from there I watched over the coming years.

Chapter V Atlantean Crisis

Again peace returned to Carthage my Perseus and my allies Pelops crusade was over we both had perished fighting mighty Odysseus. It was time of mourning and sorrow many lives had been lost in crusade even I Perseus had been struckt down and was out of reach of my people.

Short was the mourning time for my people our army mostly gone when Gaul together with Atlantis attacked Peloponnesos who called the aid of Carthage. War was short in few weeks Peloponnesos was defeated forced to accept ceding 2 province to Gaul.

Great was anger of both Carthagean and Peloponnesos people meeting of bright regent my people had selected to lead them in my absense talked with regent of Peloponnesos. Carthages people were eager to try uniting of Carthage but Peloponnesos was still weak after being ravaged by Gaul and Atlantis. So it was agreed Carthage will start war alone against Atlantis.

So my regent sent word of war to Atlantis it was time to unite Carthage or bury the dream forever. Too proud was my people fast they learned that Bellerophon was greatly blessed by Poseidon who hid all troops of Atlantis in mists making it impossible for Carthagean command know where and how numerous enemy was. Blindly fighting forces of Atlastis leaded from disaster to disaster. Untill finally Carthagean regent who coordinated Carthagean troops from Sicily received delecation from Peloponnesos who had greatly gifted Carthagean war efforts told they finally were recovered and so they were called to help in hour of wolf.

*Note for myself while watching the great suffering of my people I called to my father why dont he help my and hes people. To my suprice Hermes answered you have served me well and so I have hidden you in mist. But there is allways price when death is cheated to you raise again your people will pay the price in their blood to satisfy Hades.

Fast the news spread thought my people raising their moral and hope that had allmoust been lost. As by then Carthages capital had fallen and great navy of Atlantis sailed to meet Carthagean fleet. With new vigor and strengt Atlantis fleet was defeated and chased to port of Carthage. Soon new army had also been raised that attacked straight in the heart of Atlantis troops army of Bellerophon. With strenghtened moral and faith that Hermes had decided to favor Carthagean people my people fought and won glorious victory so banishing Bellerophon and evening the odds.

Soon after defeat of of Bellerophon Atlantis accepted defeat Fez and Toledo was ceded to Carthage and Peloponneus unfortunedly this peace was build on betrayal in eyes of Peloponnesos regent who thought Estaramunda was to be also ceded for Peloponnesos. My regent was troubled for he didnt like the fact Atlantis after accepting peace tryed to trick peace first only for Fez and when my regent after asking is this all and accepted peace after receiving yes from Atlantis it started great disspute between Atlantis and Peloponnesos.

Chapter VI United Carthage

Peace after Atlantean Crisis was fragile at best. Still Carthage was finally united new temple of Afrodite builded but my people felt it was not yet time to celebration tension was high and nobody realy was in mood for celebration. Slowly time passed and finally the fragile peace shattered Peloponnesus regent had decided it was time to settle the matter of Atlantean crisis peace once and for all in battlefields.

Again my people marched to war and again suprise waited my people Midas finally decided to break hes treaty with Carthage joining on the side of Atlantis. Fast great number of Phrygian troops under Midas himself crossed the border of Carthage. Great was anger of my regent troops were called back from Atlantis in Carthage they joined new troops and boarded ships. In ships they waited right moment to hit the divided army of Midas annihilating smaller army and defeating Midas himself in battle sending Phrygian troops on run.

Then Phoenicia joined the war and I was slowly bulled throught the mist back to my people to finally release my regent and lead the united people of Carthage to brighter future.

Last edited:
The tale of Pleistarkhos

"My son Pleistarkhos, I am going to war. You will rule in my name until I return, you will command the garrison of Sparta, and you will avenge my death if I fall. If I return, we will have to ponder what to do with Autoclys."

With those words Leonidas, my father, said farewell to me. He and 40 thousand men boarded the mighty fleet of Sparta, and set course for Ithaca. That was the last time I saw him, and it has been over 30 years now. I am an old man, I will be 70 years next spring, and I only wish I will see my father one more time before I pass to the lands of Hades. I wish he would have told me about the quest with Autoclys, but I do not know when I could have done anything about it. These years have been full with action as it is already...

---

"Follow me, men! Follow me!" Leonidas yelled as he waded ashore in Kaffa. Behind was a long journey from Sparta to Crimea, and it was good to finally get into action. Leonidas had sent a word to his allies that the Spartans were moving in against Odysseus, others could join in if they wanted.

In a rapid succession Leonidas took four provinces from Ithaca, but Odysseus was marching around with a monstrous cavalry-army. Nobody could stand its charge. Leonidas moved to Bujak, and sent the fleet home for more cavalry. He asked Pelops and his men to join with him, they would easily repel Odysseus crossing the river.

To his horror Leonidas got the word Pelops had lifted the camp, and had crossed the river into the lowlands of Ithaca. Was Pelops mad? With his small army he would not have a chance against Odysseus. Leonidas told his men to decamp and forcemarch and attempt to save Pelops. He told his men to travel lightly, because they would soon dine in the halls of Hades.

Leonidas sent a word to Pleistarkhos: "My son, I am dead. Avenge me!""

---

Pleistarkhos with 20 thousand cavalry and 10 thousand infantry sailed to the harbour of Kaffa. He got word that Hector was marching through the Spartan held Kerch towards the capital of Ithaca. "Let us join with him there."

---

Odysseus died in the battle of Kuba were Hector and Pleistarkhos joined forces to destroy the last army of Ithaca. Pleistarkhos had avenged his father. Only 3 thousand Spartans remained, but Ithaca was slain.

Pleistarkhos demanded Kaffa to Sparta. Sparta held six Ithacan provinces, including their capital, but Pleistarkhos had no desire to cripple Ithaca more. Odysseus had got his lesson.

Sparta and Ithaca soon found understanding with each other. If Mycene would attack either of its weaker neighbours, the other one would come to help.

---

The temple of Pallas Athene was finished. Pleistarkhos visited the temple, praying for wisdom to rule Sparta, and asked Athene if she could find Leonidas from the realm of Hades.

Wisdom was soon needed, as Hercules declared war on Sparta, crossing the border with a massive force. According to the agreement between Ithaca and Sparta, Ithaca rushed in to help Sparta. To his horror Pleistarkhos then got the word Hector had joined the war on the side of Hercules.

Pleistarkhos could not understand it. Why would Hector thus betray Sparta? Hadn't Sparta twice saved Troy?

Pleistarkhos sent a letter to Hector. "Shame on you Hector. Shame on you." the letter said.

---

Hercules armies were beaten. After long and hard fights Hercules was forced to give in. Pleistarkhos did not demand any land from Mycene, but accepted the 200d Hercules offered. Sparta had been able to hold on with money from the lenders.

Hector, ashamed apparently, had helped Sparta pay back the loans. That did not help ease the pain of lost lifes, burned fields and slaughtered cattle Hectors actions had caused. Pleistarkhos, even though age was pressing his shoulders, was furious with rage against Hector. Pleistarkhos only son had died in the war.

---

"Yes Polynikes, my dear grandson. I wish I will once again see my father Leonidas. You have never met him, but his blood is strong in you. You remind me of your great-grandfather so much. If I die before Leonidas returns, it is your task to lead the people of Sparta."

I put my hand on the shoulders of Polynikes. He was a strong and wise man. My blood had not died when my son died, Polynikes already had children of his own. But I do wish I would still see my father, before my spirit leaves this aching body.

Last edited:
Return of the Benevolent King Theseus

Consider Lombardia

Theseus was not a happy camper when he returned from a prolonged visit to his patron deity. The Regent had lost Lombardia to Autolycus with no gains whatsoever. When asked for an explanation, the Regent stated that he had only intended to move the kingdom west slightly, for Autolycus surerly would try to find a way to the border of barbaric lands, when Gaul was in other troubles.

"Are you out of your mind", yelled Theseus. "You gave away the crown jewel of the realm without any compensation?!"

"No no no", explained the Regent. "There is a treaty. Autolycus will support us in getting replacement territory from Pelops".

"So tell me why there is no new territory!", yelled Theseus, his firm hands slowly starting to crush the windpipe of the whining Regent.

"Bellerophon cheated his way out of the war, in which Gaul saved him. He took Toledo for himself and left us with nothing and besides....,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,,,.,...,,..", the Regent managed to state before collapsing.

"I see", said Theseus. "Throw this man to the darkest cell in my prison!", he yelled to servants who carried the piece of shivering lump that was the ex-Regent away.

So Theseus had little choice. He was angry to Bellerophon, angry to Pelops, to Aytolycus, and slightly angered with everyone else, too.

He then, in his benevolence, approached Pelops and offered to buy the territory from him. Pelops refused the deal after thinking about it for a long time, stating that he needs to go to fight in Ithaca. Theseus considered this war against Odysseus as Pelops' way to try and weasel himself out of a difficult situation. Theseus thus let him pass through his lands on his way to Ithaca, leaving the attack to later times. Bellerophon would help in the attack to make up for his blunder in the previous war.

And so it happened. Pelops never returned from Ithaca, so Theseus and Bellerophon overran Peloponnesos so quickly that even Carthage could not bring in his troops to the fight.

Later, Theseus felt terribly sorry for Pelops and this would cause unfortunate trouble for Atlantis. He left the alliance with Bellerophon since the considerably weakened Pelops would not be a real challenge anymore, and Peloponnesos-bashing seemed quite unsporty.

The Player of Games

Theseus spent days after days praying for Hades. He banged his hands, his hammer, his head, his ex-Regent and whatever noisy he could find against the ground, but alas, Hades never answered him. Was Hades angry to him? Or just busy? Or old and deaf?

The deity remained silent, so Theseus decided it was time to find out what was going on. He had heard rumors of mighty ancient tombs in the lands of Phrygia. Maybe these ancient tombs would carry a way to contact Hades, who knows?

Theseus then embarked on a long sea journey. He took the best 7000 gaelic horsemen he could find with him, and picked the finest 14 galleys in his fleet. Midas was happy to hear Theseus would visit him, and welcomed him with open arms.

Theseus asked also Autolycus and Pleistarkhos for resupplies for his fleet. Autolycus declined, which annoyed Theseus, but Pleistharkos, the brave son of Leonidas understood the needs of Theseus and granted him the rights to resupply in Corfu. It became only clear how much this simple deed improved the chilly relations between Gaul and New Sparta, when Hercules asked for allies against the Spartans, and Theseus replied with laughter.

The journey was long and dangerous, but Theseus was not particularily afraid, for he was brave and still in good relations with Poseidon. Thus the storms calmed in front of his fleet, and his only worries were the treacherous Carthageans, or a possibly even an opportunistic strike from Autolycus.

Luckily, nothing such happened, and Theseus arrived without incidents in Alexandria. There he met king Midas, who was in the process of putting down a rebellion nearby in the swamps of the Nile Delta. Theseus cherished this possibility of fight side by side with his host, and together they gathered their horsemen and charged into the fight.

After the rebels were slayed, Theseus had a good meal with Midas. The two kings became friends and Midas promised to take Theseus hunting in the Upper Nile after Theseus had seen the huge ancient tombs.

The tombs were impressive, but they chose not to reveal their secrets to Theseus. After casting another unanswered prayer to Hades the Silent, Theseus went hunting with Midas.

And hunt they did. Wild huge lizardy beasts that hid in the waters of Nile, beastmen that walked on two feet but were covered in fur, strange birds and huge hulking hornheaded beasts that ran through the jungles crushing everything in their path.

But alas, all things good must have an end, and after two months Theseus disembarked Alexandria for the return journey. King Midas gave him a mighty elephant as a gift. Theseus received the gift with great happiness and named the elephant as 'Silence', in honor of Hades.

Use of Weapons

Years passed, and Gaul prospered. A new concept called bathing was introduced after Theseus started to suspect that dirt and the smell might be related to each other. Every gaul now had to bath once every full moon. Theseus roamed the forests of Gaul, looking for strange beasts he could invite Midas to hunt for, but alas, wolves, small bears and longhaired buffalos were the most exotic ones he could find.

Years passed, and the world suffered a war after another. Only Theseus and Autolycus stayed neutral in all the action. Theseus then decided that he had not participated in a good fight against a worthy opponent since the war against Autolycus, and sent his messengers to Rome.

Autolycus, being a decent chap agreed to the challenge. Both heroes would bring 10000 of their best infantrymen, and they would fight. The site of the battle would be Lombardia for there the terrain was most neutral. The winner would get a hundred ducats.

Once again, Theseus and Autolycus would take up arms and fight! Praised be Ares! Praised be Hades! Praised be Hermes!

It was a misty morning, when Theseus and his troops started their march down from the hills towards the fields of Lombardia. The vaguely familiar gaelic smell was still present, and this brought up the hopes of the brave Gaul warriors. The scouts soon returned with information of Autolycus' troop positions.

Autolycus had moved in during the night, and taken up lightly defensive positions on the north bank of the river Po. "He wants to boost his troops morale by giving them no way to retreat but swimming", thought Theseus. "Well, we'll push them all to the river then!".

The Gaul warriors advanced slowly towards the ranks of the Roman legions. The legionaries had their shields linked, and their spears pointed to the sky like a forest. Theseus arrived in the front of his troops and walked up to Autolycus.

Not a bird dared to make a sound when the two heroes saluted each other on the field between the armies. The gods stopped whatever they were doing and gathered to watch the fight. "I salute you Autolycus! Let Ares, Hades and Hermes be our witnesses today! Let Ares shoot the first arrow between our lines, as a sign to start the fight!", Theseus said and turned back to his troops, to address them for the final time. Ares grinned with appreciation of this honour, and shot the arrow.

Charge!, yelled Theseus, and his warriors charged as a spearhead into the ranks of Legionaries. The music of war filled the air and the gods held their breath. Theseus cut down several legionaries, looking for Autolycus. There he was, in the process of killing another brave gael warrior. "Autolycus! I'm here!", yelled Theseus and his opponent turned towards him.

With a wild scream, Theseus charged towards Autolycus and swinged his sword. The swords of the two men clashed together, as he parried the swing. Theseus pushed on, but Autolycus was a skillful swordsman and parried every strike of his. The men circled each other, striking, dancing, parrying, stabbing. But neither managed to land the killing blow. "You have become a great fighter, Autolycus. I respect you", said Theseus. There was now something menacing and threatening in the stare of Autolycus.

Suddenly, the moment was interrupted when one of Theseus' generals sprang up and yelled: "Theseus! All is lost, the Romans have flanked us and the Piedmontean battallion is routed!". "Cowards!", said Theseus, "tell them to fight or I feed them to Kerberus!", concentrating in blocking the blows from Autolycus who attacked now with renewed strength, for he had heard the same news too. But still, the two men did not best each other.

"The Roussilon brigade is on the run too! We are encircled!", came in the next report. The Romans had developed their offensive strategies since the last war, and had caught the western flank of the Gauls with a successful counterattack. Theseus knew now that the day was lost, the ranks of the gauls were shattered and further resistance was pointless.

"I do see when I have lost, and I surrender now! Let us end the bloodshed", said Theseus. "Congratulations Autolycus, your new strategies bested me". The two men shook hands, and 10 cartfuls of gold was given to Autolycus. Later that night, Autolycus, Theseus and friends threw a small party with Dionysus, wreaking havoc over Lombardia. Rumors said that it took 13 months for the local economy to recover from that night.

Last edited:
A dream shattered
Pelops set forth with the army of the Peloponnesus, only some twenty thousand strong after the recent defeat at the hands of Theseus.
This would be the last that was seen from them, for after some initial success, great miscommunication ensured that Pelops' army was undersupplied, and could only seek a glorious death or a shamefull retreat.
Even still, Pelops sought to ensure a single glorious battle together with Leonidas, then to go home. But it would not be, for Leonidas and Pelops again miscommunicated, leading to the death of both in separate battles.
Yet glorious they were, and the renmant of the army of the Peloponnesus set out on the long journey home.

As the great mountains of Gerona loomed in the distance, they were suddenly assailed from all sides by the forces of treacherous Theseus, and none escaped.

The chronicles of Andromeda
High-priestess of Hephaestos

Treachery to be repaid
Nothing could have saved the Peloponnesos from the onslaught that came, unless it were the Gods themselves. Theseus and Bellerophon together attacked our great Kingdom, with Pelops and most of the men of the country dead in the fields of Ithaca.
As a great flood they came, pillaging and raping everywhere. In the end, the Temple of Hephaestos which had again taken charge after the death of Pelops, had to give away the richest lands in the kingdom save the capital, Bearn where a new temple to Hephaestos was being built, aswell as the great fortress of Gerona, to the invaders.
And at least part of the treachery would be repaid.

A friend in need
After the war, the Kingdoms of Pelops and Perseus decided to end their alliance, instead seeking other friends. Yet the search proved futile, as Autolycus did not care about the treachery of Theseus, and Sparta had itself lost it's king and most of it's army in the fight against Odysseus.

Even still, Perseus went on to declare war against Bellerophon, but he was badly mauled by the armies that still were led by their king. The Temple warned Bellerophon not to go on, but he refused. Thus, the third Iberian war started, ending in the first victory for the Peloponnesos to date.
Yet Bellerophon proved a traitor, betraying the peace even as it was signed. As such, in the end a new war began.

Revenge was inevitable
Thus, the fourth Iberian war started only several years after the third, and this time another hero joined the ranks of the traitors, or so it seemed. Midas the greedy attempted to abuse the situation to claim Carthaginian land. As such, the forces of Perseus marched east while the Peloponnesian troops nearly destroyed the army of Atlantis.
Yet in the end, the army got away due to the foolishness of one of our generals, who fled from fresh recruits, and then into the mountais instead of onto the plains where success could have been achieved.

And now, with great king Pelops awakening for the first time in nearly twenty years, the war still rages. But Midas has been defeated, and victory might be in reach.

Somewhere in the land of the Gods

“The lad did well Zeus, you’ve got to give him that” muttered Hephaestus belligerently, running a hand through his sweaty hair.

“Sure, but the kid got himself killed didn’t he, are you asking me to reward failure above those who lived? I mean look at Heracles, now there’s a champion to be proud of” and Zeus puffed out his chest. “He punished Odysseus and did it without getting himself killed in the process!”

“Sure, but how heroic was that” broke in Hermes. “I mean look at the logistics involved, why my Perseus sailed half way across the med on your behalf and was then cut down in glorious battle. Now that’s the stuff of legends! None of this namby pamby assault, retreat, demand a couple of cities and go home.”

“You better not be talking about Heracles” Zeus thundered.

“Wouldn’t dream of it father” replied Hermes casting a wink at Hera.

“So you think Perseus was heroic?” Ares nudged Hermes, “brother I’ll tell you something, you don’t know squat about war! Why Pelops attacked Odysseus with few men and across a river to boot rather than following my own champions advice and taking the enemy horsemen on their spears. No Pelops is no hero, a fool more like.”

“Oh yes very foolish brother” Apollo said, strolling up to the party, “so foolish that Leonidas followed suit and crossed the same river and too met his death. So is it two fools or two heroes I wonder?” and all could see the condensending look he flashed his brother before walking away.

“Now boys” interupted Hera, “it’s for me to decide who receives my blessing from this affair, Odysseus was punished on my behalf after all and I decide who gets honoured husband!” and Hera glared fiercely at Zeus and all those present until they sheepishly looked away before her wrath. “Perseus and Pelops may have fallen to Odysseus’ sword as did Leonidas, but these three travelled further than any other and so risked more and it is to them I give the greater honour.”

“Three cheers to Midas” hiccupped Dionysus, briefly breaking the mood before slumping back down under the shade of a tree.

“Quite” murmured Hades in disgust, “Long may our sodden friend’s champion remain in my realm…” and he raised a silent toast to the sleeping God.

“Now now Hades” murmured Athena, “you know the rules, all the champions are exempt from your clutches for now – special dispensation of Zeus and all that.”

[OOC Those leaders who personally marched to Odysseus’ lands gain +2 xp (including those who died, who receive it upon their recall from the underworld). Perseus and Leonidas gain an addition +1 xp, whilst Pelops gains an additional +2 xp for travelling so far to honour the Gods. Those gaining a simple +2 xp are Orion, Hector, Heracles and Midas. Peter will post regarding Odysseus's fate (probably after Christmas).]

Last edited:
A voice in darkness
Pelops' sleep was entirely unlike his last death. He still felt every hoof that hit him, every sabre that cut down him and his men. Yet he had felt that the last time.
Now, he felt something tugging at him, a vision of another world. Not unlikely, if there was one more, there could be others. Yet the vision seemed so real, as if he was there.

He stood in the mountains, with around him men clad in great white mail, brilliantly reflecting the sun. And in the deep, he saw armies of foul creatures gathering, about to storm the mountains. One of his men yelled, but he heard only 'Ulun maur'.
The vision blurred and then he was elsewhere. Men clad in white armour attacking those around him who were also clad in the same armour, as if it was civil strife. And they killed as they were killed, and the greatest fight seemed to be around a great light that could bring great power to them both.

Darkness again, and now men in iron armour walked with others who looked like the ones in white he had earlier seen, allthough they seemed lesser. In the distance he saw again the foul armies of darkness, now defending mountains against his army, and victory was not ensured at all.

And then, he woke again, safe in the temple of Hephaestos, where Andromeda was waiting. She looked much older, and he allmost felt weary too, troubled by his visions. She would die soon, and then another would take her place. It all felt so useless, to live when all others died.

Yet, his visions showed that he had a mission, if he did not understand it yet. And he felt blessed by the Gods, wiser perhaps through his visions, or perhaps merely by the blessing and good will of Pallas Athena, or by the skills of Hephaestos. He know not how, but he felt ready to face the challenges of the world again now that the visions faded.

A clouded valley
Pelops himself, the great king, a living legend, had sent him on this mission. Pericles knew why, afterall, the camp of Bellerophon was in the mountains.
Of the armies of the Peloponnesus, few came from the great mountains of Navarra, most came from the valleys of Valencia and Catalonia where they could be trained in riding horses from birth.

Now, he entered a small valley between the hills of Granada. Not as imposing as the mountains of his birthregion, but he saw fog approaching, and in fog any mountains were dangerous, no matter how small.

'Halt,' yelled a voice from the rapidly darkening valley, 'Who travels there in the darkness?'
'I am Pericles, emissary of Pelops. I have come here to talk to Bellerophon, and I suspect you can bring me there.'

'Hmm, very well. But if you betray us, Peloponnesian, you will die a painfull death.'

And thus began his long journey through shadowy valleys and over clouded hills, in which he repeated the message Pelops had entrusted him with. A very important one, it seemed, aimed at arranging a meeting.
But even so, he did not know the details, all he had to tell Bellerophon was that king Pelops had accepted a proposal, but he knew not what it was.

As they entered a somewhat populated valley he saw in the distance an encampment through the fog, clearly housing the army of Atlantis. It looked somewhat ragged, but from the center seemed to extent a radiance of order, similar to what he had seen around king Pelops. Clearly, that was the tent of Bellerophon.

His guards handed him to others at the entrance of the camp, keeping him out of hearing range as they wispered to eachother. Finally, he was led into the great tent in the middle after having been searched for weapons, and he saw one man clearly more skilled and wiser than the others, and this man spoke:
'Servant of Pelops, what brings you here? What tidings do you bring?'

'I have come to tell you king Pelops accepts your proposal, and he suggest you and he meet at a hilltop near to the plains of Andalusia, in 3 days. That is all I know.'

'Very well, tell Pelops I will be there.'

A historical hilltop
Pelops rode forth with ten of his finest cavalrymen. The rest of the army was closeby, if Bellerophon proved as treacherous as Odysseus, but it was mostly a precaution. He expected not to need it.

They came to a small hill, where some ten Atlanteans had set up a tent with a few chairs so that they could discuss matters without feeling the chill of the wind.

Pelops walked the last few meters together with 4 of his men, while the others stayed behind with the horses. Bellerophon's forces watched him warily, and he saw his own soldiers look at them with as much mistrust. Pelops could only hope this meeting was truly the end of the Iberian wars, both people were suffering greatly, it seemed.

Entering the tent, he saw but one face he knew. Bellerophon's.

'I accept your proposal, Bellerophon, but we need to discuss the details. Allready, Perseus and Midas seemed to have come to an agreement, and I have heard you and Perseus have too. That means it can work, for now.
However, I believe it would be wise to keep our alliance defensive. First of all because I would not want to fight my former ally Perseus in an offensive war, and secondly because we would need to keep most of our troops on one front in reserve in any offensive war, for fear of being hit in the flank.
We would still support eachother diplomatically in such a case, but keeping our troops at home unless the one of us attacking risks being overrun, seems a good idea.'

And, after a long pause for thinking, Bellerophon replied:
'Your proposal is acceptable, and wise. Let peace reign supreme among the lords of the west!'
Pelops then added with a smile:
'And perhaps, we can now peacefully settle the differences with out other neighbours aswell, and devote ourselves to the worship of the gods.'

And thus, their hearts filled with joy, the forces of the Peloponnesus set out to journey home, onwards perhaps to a peacefull future.

Perseus Journals

Chapter VII Arrival of messanger Maribor Argus Dolith shortly M.A.D

It was beatifull sunrise in palace of Carthage fresh wind was blowing to my chamber change could be feeled in the air.

Looking over Carthages crowded harbour I Perseus saw messanger ship of Pelops arrawing I was smiling ah finally we can talk the minor details out to end our war and depart on our new paths with the great friendship in our hearts.

Imediatly I sent honor guard to escort the messagger of Pelops in to the palace this will be great day.

In the grandhall I waited eagerly with the whole court of Carthage cathered to withness this great day. Soon young and handsom messager of Pelops was escorted in front of me.

Perseus: "Wellcome messenger of my ally and friend let this be day to remembered for long time with warm and honor how two great nations departed to new roads and destinies as great friends"

M.A.D: "Yes yes its great day and Iam in hurry so my lord Pelops send message he would like to ensure the peacefull transfer of Fez, Bearn and Gerona"

Perseus: "Fez.......?"

M.A.D: "Peacefully yes, militarily, not for now"

Perseus: "Pelops WANTS Carthage to give up Fez and be divided again?"

M.A.D: "yes yes read my words Pelops would like a peacefull settlement, one way or another"

Perseus: "Now there wont be peacefull settlement for Fez not after all the trouble Carthage has gone through I wont betray the hearts of hes people like that."

M.A.D: "Very well. In that case, Pelops will unfortunately meet Perseus on the battlefield before a century has passed, which will deeply sadden Pelops."

Total silence fell over my court nobody couldnt belive what they just heard this simply couldnt be true not even I Perseus.

Perseus: *That head would look so nice in silver platter....*

Hermes: *My son you will not hurt the messager for all messagers are my followers*

Perseus: "Iam dissapointed to hear if this is what your lord realy thinks and told you to say is it realy hes wish to sell hes ally and friend like this? Has he no honor after all we two have gone through together?"

M.A.D: "My lord is not selling you out. Hes only putting hes own interests above yours, which doesn't seem very stupid or dishonourable"

200411281306180.ottimismo.gif
200411160354250.hcmondaybang.gif
200411021734300.hcduello.gif

Then after lots of shouting, negotiation and few incidents.

Perseus: "I will honor the memory of past with Pelops despite this go back to your lord and tell him our alliance over and only in name of our old friendship will this be overlooked. But tell your lord also that this insult will be remembered even if it will be overlooked in name of our old friendship."

M.A.D: "I will deliver your message to my lord."

Then M.A.D departed back to Peloponnesos the happy mood and joy had too gone thought this realy was day of change but not the way I Perseus had expected.

Somewhere else two voices speak.

Voice 1: “I won I told you it could be done with only words.”

Voice 2: “Yes you won but I have feeling that there was something shady on that messenger...”

Voice 1: “How can you suspect something like that....”

A Game?

“A game? I think not Hermes, I’ve not forgotten the last time we played.”

“Oh but father, it is so dull around here and I give my word this time not to do anything you wouldn’t.”

“For some reason that doesn’t fill me with confidence” rumbled Zeus.

“Did I hear there is to be a game?” quipped Ares striding in.

“So it seems” muttered Zeus.

“What sort of game?” asked Athene, most of Olympia it seemed had followed Ares in.

“A puzzle sister” replied Hermes “it should be right up your street.

“Oh wonderful, I just love puzzles!”

“and the prize?” boomed the voice of Poseiden.

“Ah yes the prize. What do we set as the prize father?”

“The prize shall be Achilles armour. I had it saved when we left the old world, it should be a fitting prize to any worthy winner.”

“But the game? What do we have to do to win?”

“Hermes.” Zeus pointed at his son, “go ahead and explain the scene.”

“Very well father. You remember the Triangle of Light?” he asked the assembled Gods. “When we came to this new world one piece of the triangle was given to myself to hide, one stayed with you father and one with Poseiden. The game is to have our followers find the 3 pieces of the triangle and try to unite them.”

“The triangle” whispered Athene in awe, “a powerful artifact indeed. Why even just holding one of the pieces will grant strength and power to the bearer. But what of those of us who now have no patron?”

“Perhaps it is time you forgave Odysseus his earlier misdemeanors then” snapped Aphrodite.

“So are you going to start us off with a clue?”

“A clue – yes a clue would be fair” said Zeus “very well, my piece is guarded by the Cyclops of the North. Find the Cyclops and wrestle it from them if you dare.”

“For my part” spoke Hermes “I’ve spent considerable time exploring this world ranging far and wide since we arrived and have hidden my piece with a mighty tribe of Minotaurs on a great Island, an island that greek traders have just recently discovered the southern shores of.”

“And you Poseiden, a clue from you?”

“I” rumbled Poseiden “I have hidden my piece with the harpies. Find their island but beware… taking it from them shall not be easy.”

“We are all set then” said Zeus clapping his hands. “Let the game commence.”

[OOC – all Heroes can consider their patron to have imparted the above information to them and to have been tasked with uniting the triangle for their own glory and that of their Patron. Do not disappoint them. Should another hero gain a piece of the triangle you can wrestle it from them by winning a successful war against the current holder and demanding it as part of the peace deal. Holding a piece of the triangle will also grant a bonus for the following session.]