+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fear Russia! A Bukkhara AAR Redux

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Speaking of updates..when will we see one?

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Boreal
    Speaking of updates..when will we see one?
    When he stops reading my wonderful AAR
    Take your time Anon. lest you spit out crap every week like SNL.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Pangalactic Gargleblaster Lord Boreal's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Update Anonymooooooooooooose! More burning sheep! More exploding cows! More Dr. Xylem, more big wodden tron things! Weoweoweoweoweoweoweo!

In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made alot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland, and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Boreal
    Update Anonymooooooooooooose! More burning sheep! More exploding cows! More Dr. Xylem, more big wodden tron things! Weoweoweoweoweoweoweo!
    I agree.
    Weoweoweoweoweoweoweowoewoewoewoewoewoeowewoeweo
    (that siren sound got slightly messed up, but that is because of the Doppler shift. )
    ç
    Fantasia for EU3 Version 1.5 is up: Now provinces are different in tax and native size.

Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I shall start writing my update for this AAR tomorrow , with or without game data.

EDIT: Strange how quickly tomorrow came.
    Last edited by King of Minors; 20-04-2005 at 21:43.
    ç
    Fantasia for EU3 Version 1.5 is up: Now provinces are different in tax and native size.

A guest update, approved by author.

Graffiti and history
    After the war with Khiva, where Organic Turtles, Elephants, and two provinces were gained, Bukkhara entered a time of stability and peace, young graffiti artists obtained several maps of Bukkhara, and added their own “creative” touches. This AAR shows their work, and adds a bit of context to these art pieces of the internationally recognised “Turtle 'n' Elephant” style.

Exhibit 1, The peace:

This artwork depicts the peace proposal from Khiva, offering the famous Organic Turtles. Unfortunately for Khiva, because of misunderstandings between the two languages, (Uzbehk and Tajikh,) Khiva was forced to secede half of it's territories.

Exhibit 2, The new Bukkhara:

This artwork shows the borders of the new Bukkhara, and also the famous Organic Turtle, the subject of great mystery in Bukkhara, and, by some, even seen as the reincarnation of Muhammed. Also note the expression of joy: “We WON!!!”, this is the only time this expression has been used in Bukkharan history.

Exhibit 3, The aristocracy:

This artwork shows the popular perception of the Bukkharan aristocracy, also, the artists have expressed their pride in their home city, home to nearly one third of Bukkhara's population.

Exhibit 4, The new populations:

This artwork, originally a map of the new territories, and a population count for the province of Turtkul, has been turned into a conspiracy theory, linking the Uzbehks, (note the alternative spelling in the painting,) to Dr. Xylem, one of the chief figures of the Khivan resistance, who used to live on a secret floating base in the centre of the Aral sea.

Exhibit 5, The unemployed:

This artwork is again an expression of the popular disrespect against the Uzbehks, it should be noted that the original map was produced only a day after the end of the war, and the labourers had not had time to get back to work, so this artwork is slightly unfair in it's depiction of the Uzbehks.
    Exhibit 6 and 7, Russian encirclement:

These two artworks depict the fear the Bukkharans showed against the Russians, this fear had deepened after the construction of Russian trading posts all around Bukkhara, effectively surrounding the country.

Exhibit 8, The budget:

This artwork, originally the report from the treasury, has been decorated with the phrase: “Poor (lolli)-POPs”, to highlight the poverty of the Bukkharan population, and also to add some humourous word games to the artwork. Also at the bottom of the picture, it can be seen that state propaganda has persuaded the artists that the negative income is in fact a lie.

Exhibit 9, Technology:

This artwork displays creative use of colour, in the way that “Water Wheels” is written in blue, undoubtedly to symbolise water. Also note the optimism of the artist, using the word “soon” when, in fact, simple calculations reveal that it would take at least 15 years to research this technology.

Exhibit 10, Bankruptcy:

This artwork is, by many “Turtle 'n' Elephant” art critics, regarded as a masterwork, the simple word, “Whoops!” embodies the feelings of the whole Bukkharan nation at the time of the first state bankruptcy.

Exhibit 11, Bankruptcy, the positives:

Yet another treasury report, but, this time, with slightly better numbers, the artists have noticed the link between the recent bankruptcy, and the positive budget imcome, due mainly to the absence of interest payments, and the increased export of Bukkharan goods.

Exhibit 12, Fear Russia!!!!:

This artwork is the perfect embodiment of the Bukkharan feelings at the outbreak of the Khiva-Russian war, note the quadruple exclamation marks, a sign of the great force behind the words.

Exhibit 13, The city on the road:

This artwork depicts the Silk road, and the city of Samarkand, long a big and important city. Note the course of the Silk road, winding it's way through the hostile Bukkharan landscape by the shortest route.

Exhibit 14, Troops across the border:

This, the penultimate artwork in this collection, depicts the troops reactions at eyeing each other over the border, luckily, they were not at war, because otherwise, the “AAAArh!” would have been so long, that the paint would run out before completing the word.

Exhibit 15, Opium:

This final artwork shows the Bukkharan wishes to keep their attractive little plant at home, this can also be seen as the reason for the sudden stop of creative work in Bukkhara at this time, the artists seem to have found other things to do.........
    ç

Europa Universalis 3

Good, an update. Does this mean I get my one-sixth of Henry v. Keiper's soul soon?
    Everybody knows, you only live a day, but it's brilliant anyway
    FINISHED: Keep on Rockin' in the Free World, an AAR of the USA.
    Pretty stale: The Crusader Mafia: A Neapolitan AAR. Winner: AARland Reader's Choice Awards Q4, CK comedy.
    I own one sixth of Henry v. Keiper's soul, 600 kenneththegreat points, 5 Pimp Shizzle Points,
    <--- a Phoenix cookie, and three anonymous4401 dollars.
    Index of "Interesting" OT Threads for your erudition. Not updated, but you'll just have to live with that.

AARlander
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III

I...suppose..

Sorry about not giving you the game data sooner. I needed to get it ready, is all.

All right, I suppose it counts. I shall award KoMinors one Henry v. Keiper's soul, and by agreement the_shy_kid will receive 1/6th of said soul.
    Good comments and worthless spam, the difference is just an eyelash

Real Men Do It Alphabetically: An AARgau | Conquering CK by the dictionary. Updates EVERY DAY FOREVER.
    Littoral Insanity, a Hinterland of Genius | World Conquest by land and sea. Updates daily.

anonymous4401's Signature Repositorium
    The AARlander Issue #6: February 2008
    The AARland Choice AwAARds Results Archive

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    I...suppose..

Sorry about not giving you the game data sooner. I needed to get it ready, is all.

All right, I suppose it counts. I shall award KoMinors one Henry v. Keiper's soul, and by agreement the_shy_kid will receive 1/6th of said soul.
    You seem dissapointed?
    ç

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous4401
    I...suppose..

Ehm.....it means a total of 7/6 of one Henry v. Keiper's soul is given out. But I guess you only own one Henry v. Keiper's soul. It is something fishy about this.

BTW I wanted that soul.
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Lurken
    Ehm.....it means a total of 7/6 of one Henry v. Keiper's soul is given out. But I guess you only own one Henry v. Keiper's soul. It is something fishy about this.

BTW I wanted that soul.
    You can get one sixth of HvK's soul for one sixth of yours.
    ç

Nice update, but knowing Russia you may have tough times ahead.
    Rise of the Nerevarine [An Elder Kings Mod AAR] - CK2 - Ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by King of Minors
    You can get one sixth of HvK's soul for one sixth of yours.
    Temping indeed. It would be nice to own a piece of another soul, but to trade away a piece of mine own for it......I don't think so, my soul is much more worth then HvK's soul.

"Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?

Manos, the Hands of Fate Freebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What is this?! As I feared, your madness goes far beyond rants about wood armies.
    I survived until the seventh day in Werewolf III: Apocalypse Howl, but all I got was this lousy line to put in my signature!

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    What the hell did I just read?
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

Manos, the Hands of Fate Freebot's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

You tell me. You've seem to have been following this for several months. I stumbled in here because I was intrigued by anonymous4401's maniacal rants about wood armies.
    I survived until the seventh day in Werewolf III: Apocalypse Howl, but all I got was this lousy line to put in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist
    What the hell did I just read?
    You mean the update?

I really don't know what got into me, I took some screenshots and decided to make them slightly special, write about them and then post an update so that i could own a bit of a soul.

The reason for doing it as an art exhibition? I really don't know, it just struck me as a good justification of painting squiggily lines all over the images.
    ç

This is one sick, but enjoyable AAR.

Deus Vult

i have vicky, but never played...reading your AAR made me want to give it a try...

Ok, tried... it isnt as funny as you make it seem!

you know, i arrived here only because the Henry Keiper soul thing made me curious...

anything else for sale? i can trade stuff...
    AARs:
    Pictorial and gameplay - China: The Yellow Fever - Favorite EU2 Gameplay AAR Q2 2006, Q1 2007, Q2 2007
    Comedy - England: All your COT are belong to us - Weekly AAR Showcase 25-02-07, Favorite EU2 AAR Q1 2007, Favorite EU2 Comedy AAR Q2 2007
    History book - Spain: The final frontier

You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnuco
    you know, i arrived here only because the Henry Keiper soul thing made me curious...

Hey, I'm anonymous' official mascot! My soul should be the logo for all his AAR's
    Rise of the Nerevarine [An Elder Kings Mod AAR] - CK2 - Ongoing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast