• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Election 2

1C and 2B

Edit: Do make more of an challange. But still have a number of one prov. minors that lives after a while.

Edit2: Sorry, misunderstood.

Last edited:
Fodoron said:
Please leave highlighting (bold +size) to me, so people can quickly find out where are the election calls, the results, and the reports (looks like we will soon be in the hundreds of posts).

I must insist, please eliminate highlighting from your posts to avoid confusing me and other voters.

Code:
Election 2

1 C, 2 A
Coward is best for historical results. Very Hard makes the game more challenging, and I think you can handle this. :)

Fodoron said:
I must insist, please eliminate highlighting from your posts to avoid confusing me and other voters.
Why don't you use a color to designate voting calls, results and reports. Perhaps three different colours (and for the reports, at least for the titles). This is even better than highlighting.

Also, a nice addition would be to list all voting calls, results and reports in the first post, with links (and indicating which votes are still open*, what the result was, the years of gameplay covered by each report).

* yes, off course, if the results are linked, this indicates the vote is closed. :eek:o

lawkeeper said:
Why don't you use a color to designate voting calls, results and reports. Perhaps three different colours (and for the reports, at least for the titles). This is even better than highlighting.

Also, a nice addition would be to list all voting calls, results and reports in the first post, with links (and indicating which votes are still open*, what the result was, the years of gameplay covered by each report).

* yes, off course, if the results are linked, this indicates the vote is closed. :eek:o

Nice idea. You are a good organizer. I'll do that.

Code:
Election 2
1C 2C

I'm impatient, couldn't you speed up a little bit deadlines?

Well, I'm joking now, btw I've a point on this: taking into consideration the lenght of the game, the fact that from the polls are emerging potential candidates like Venice or OE instead of Navaho or Kongo (so full of interactions, events, wars, etc.) what should be the frequency and duration of each poll (IIRC you posted 2-7 days)? I.e. every 10 (game) years?

Election 2
1C 2B

About the links in your original post - if you want them to link directly to the relevant posts, then the hyperlinks should be as follows:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3531068&postcount=8 (linking to the Rules)
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3531069&postcount=9 (linking to the first election)
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3536565&postcount=40 (linking to the second election)

(all should be preceded by http:// of course)

The way it is now, they link to the first post in the thread, except that there are 8 and 9 posts per page.

Don't be too impatient, both Hastu and robin74.
I found my own way of doing the links before reading your post, but thanks. I was aware they were not working.
I don't want to make poll deadlines so close that most people will miss them, hence a minimum of 2 days.

In principle I was thinking on playing 5 year chunks (less if something important comes up, like an unexpected DoW), but this can be changed if we want to speed things up. Usually an entire war should fit into one chunk.

Certain things don't need to be voted every 5 years. I will call those "25 year policies for peace time" or something like that.

We will also vote on 25 or 50 year guidelines to random or historic event choices so I know in advance what I should choose if I have to take -1stab versus -1taxvalue in an event, for example. When an event pops up, I have to answer or lose it forever. Also we have to vote in advance when to call our allies to war. Those polls stand for quite some time until the situation evolves.

Your input in how to best organize it is valued.

Code:
Election 2

1 C, 2 A
I follow lawkeeper on this one, coward is more adequated for historical purposes or results and of course we'd like to play this one on very hard :D

My 2 cents: I suppose we'd vote:

• every ca. 50 years on grand strategy things like: naval/land development, trade/infrastructure (and all those elements that are guidelines for a lot of choices like random events, DP sliders, tech investments, military forces productions, shypyards/conscr. centers later on, etc.). In this case, if the Council decides to stick to navy, you know what to do in any case as general policy
  • a shorter interval (10/25 years) for minor strategy things: (macro)area to colonise, (macro)area where sending merchants, convertion options, diplomatic moves toward other nations
  • 5 years for tactics: attack someone if there is a CB after a random event? join a war when called by allies? arrange a RM? how to invest excess cash?

Election 2
1) C
2) C

Norrefeldt said:
Fellow councilmember Hastu Neons' suggestions were excellent.

You were the first one to speak along those lines:

Norrefeldt said:
I don't know if we might suggest strategies or if it will be a democratic shortsighted mess

Besides taking good note :), I also go along the lines of implementing at least mid-term strategies.

I would like this game to run in a similar fashion to our games in terms of achievements. But you all are the ones taking the decisions. I see myself as an usher of the black rod, urging you to seat and decide on the kingdom/republic/empire matters. I will then be a bureocrat implementing your policies and your field commander at the battlefield.

In the end if the parliament decides to have long term policies, then great, and if not, great too. Because first and foremost is to have a certain dosis of fun, as much as possible.

Except from firing me :D, you can change anything. My idea behind giving 7 days for the first election was double: First I did not anticipate such good response :), and second, I wanted to give people enough time to find out and join (some people come on weekends). Also, a minimum of 2 days and maximum of 7 gives a reasonable time frame to gather enough time to sit and play. I cannot compromise on a daily show, as much as I would like to.

But there is nothing in this enterprise that cannot be changed, even the rules. If by Friday we see that no new people are joining, we can close the first two elections and after the weekend I will make the Pre-game report and hand over the next set of elections.

Think that I also am very impatient to start as soon as possible, to iron out any organizational problem and start with the fun part.

I agree with Senator GoblinCookie, if we keep the voting delays too short, few people will get to vote, and I'm afraid the others, less frequently visiting members, would leave.

Also, there should be enough time to have some talks about the votes, exchange of arguments, explanations (no, I didn't thought about blackmail and double-crossings :p ).

So, from 2 to 7 days is ok (2 days is even a minimum, and should be used only for urgent matters).

Last edited:
I agree with you Commander Fodoron, the voting period is ok... no problem with that.. besides, remember we are all bureaucrats, we NEED ( :rofl: ) to discuss a lot on the politics of our Republic :D

in another matter.... at the end, what are we??.. Councilmembers, Senators, Congressmen????

we have to set a specific name for us, colleagues...

Our titles? let's wait for the country, and probably it will come out directly [in Italy Venice, Milan, Papal State had a Senate, for example, but PAP had also a "concistoro"]. About the "open polls period", IMO 2 days as minimum is adequate. I was only wondering whether 7 days were too many, in any case the long term is probably less crucial than the short one