• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe you could assasinate that Arab Muslim who seems so keen on becoming king. As far as I know, the penalty won't be bad. But, this is as far as I know. :rofl:

That'd only be good if the next in line was of the Rurikovich line. Although if they are.....

Morpheus506 said:
That'd only be good if the next in line was of the Rurikovich line. Although if they are.....

Considering how big he is, how big the Rurokovich clan is, and his income I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he can kill his way to a Rurokovich heir. Ofc his reputation may never recover... :wacko:

bri

But the current king is not longlived. And as I gather, bad reputation isn't passed down the line.

No, I'm pretty sure it does... it might diminish a little, but as far as I've seen when my King dies at tarnished his son comes up as tarnished. I think it's more the reputation of you as a country rather than you as a person or something :wacko:

Well, at the very least the child does not pass on the kinslayer trait that one would gain from say... killing your heir. ;)

Innocence said:
So in your analogy, would the bacteria be the Horde? :)

Well in this game, the Horde is long gone, but wouldn't it be just the crowning irony if a Horde descendant state overthrew the great Bear?

Come to think of it, the Purple People Eaters might be the bacteria in this case...

1400-1420: The Time of Troubles, the cure for depression, the prestige score goes crazy and the sweet taste of revenge.

a7yironmaidendark.jpg

Official soundtrack/philosophy. By 1410 I was pretty much afraid of my own shadow, so it's appropriate on many levels.

My reputation is still rather scandalous in 1400, so it's time to institute the old "duck and cover" method I use for handling such matters. Sadly, the "do nothing" gambit is weakened by Sarpa defecting. I take it back in short order, though. That's the end of that, right?

While this is going on my Steward recovers from depression. I'm not sure if mental illness is subject to "just going away" but there is no need to inspect the molars on this gift horse.

v5idepressioncure.jpg

Depression is a disease. Meet the cure.

Senoussi defects in 1402 and I'm beginning to worry just a little bit. My reputation is moving back toward honorable, so this must be the final flare ups. Elsewhere, miners "exhaust a vein." Who's doing the mining, anyway? Sid Vicious?

b8xheroin.jpg

The world's most fudged-up series of alphabet books. This is the sequel to "G is for Genital Warts" and the prequel for "I is for Irritable Bowel Syndrome, No Doubt Caused by Your Teenage Sins."

By 1403 my reputation is again "honorable" even as the Senoussi siege drags on and on. These huge castles are harder to take than bad news in a paternity test.

The King gets the official Russian sickness (pneumonia) and is dead by 1404. His successor is three years old.

Oh no.

Narva immediately defects during the hated "new ruler loyalty hit" that I've come to fear more than even the dreaded "alms for the poor" event, if you can believe that.

While Russia is being ruined by a child King I learn that our scientists will soon be "able to make gold with a little more research." Wow.

I can hardly wait.

v8walchemy.jpg

The newest breakthrough, I think it's called, uh, alchemy.

Just as Narva is reabsorbed into the belly of the Bear the Atlas Mnts (what's Mnts? Mutants? Yeah, that's probably it) try to make a run for it. A bitter war against the mutated offspring of the most over-rated Titan ever begins.

At this point the "zealous firebrand" events begin falling like snow in Siberia. It's harmless talk, really.

y7tfirebrandpolice1.jpg

The firebrand danger. Why did we ventilate that vault???

By 1406 the latest round of deformed Titan children trouble has been halted. Sadly, our reputation is now slightly tarnished and when Urgell revolts I have to take my medicine, giving them independence for 267 gold.

This is a dark day, when our comically bloated empire losses land.

In 1407, just when I'm catching my breath, Berhesky Verh revolts. These are wicked times indeed, when a province right next to the capital thinks it can defy our Kiddie King.

o5lhardtimes.jpg

Alternate soundtrack/philosophy? Billy Jo Spears? For a guy like this there should be a warning.

The bad neighbors are hammered into submission and it looks like the worst might be over. The demense of the King is now 29 provinces and the efficiency is 0%, prompting the dreaded "too large demense" event. Time to start "multitasking," which in Russia I guess would be feeding people to dogs and burning them at the same time.

x8fmultitasking.jpg

The value of multitasking. You don't even want to know about the cartoon I rejected for this. It involved a woman in a cubicle with three men...that's all I'm saying.

A nice peaceful era of revolts, firebrands and arbalests begins. If I can just keep the peace for a little while I'll make it out of this. Come on game, give me a break. I've suffered enough.

p4grevoltingchockers.jpg

The peasants just keep on revolting. I'll show you a "chocker" you traitors!

One final revolt, Mozhaysh, happens in 1411, but that must be some weird anomaly because everyone else seems to be "devotedly loyal." Even stranger, my prestige is now 11,965. How could that be? All those glorious hangings couldn't have added up that fast?

Oh well, bad news for Sweden.

Speaking of unnecessary wars, Beni Yanni gets crushed in 1413 and in 1414 it's time to deal with an Arab Muslim Hospitaliers.

Wait, back up. Pump the breaks.

That's right, the future Knights of Rhodes have a Muslim Arab as Grandmaster. Somewhere Professors of Medieval History are ill at ease without knowing why.

d8dhospitalermuslim.jpg

There is something deeply wrong about this.

With some successful wars under the belt of the Kiddie King it's time to claim the title King of Sweden. I'm not attacking, though. Not yet.

The King comes of age in 1416 and becomes a shadow, of all things. The King of Rus is now old enough to drive...God help my enemies now!

p0wdanilo.jpg

I want to be a shadow when I grow up.

Speaking of enemies remember the bitter peace with Urgell? Like any good Russian ruler I never forget and never forgive. It's time for some sweet, sweet revenge. The hammer falls in 1417 as the independent Urgell experiment comes to a bloody end.

t1frollingvengeance1.jpg

Getting revenge with the new ultimate weapon: monster trucks! What hope do murdercycles have against that?

Peace, marriage and child bearing rounds out the remaining years until 1420. Like the virgin in a slasher film I've managed to survive and that's all that really counts at this point. With things under control, the time to punish the Swedes draws near...

j5vrussiaib1420.jpg

Western Rus, 1420.

Last edited:
King Of Nines: Of course, this time the Martians are the heroes. :D The toughest enemy is without a doubt the "enemy within." The chance of Sweden (or anyone else) holding off a Horde of 500,000 ill mannered Russians with no Gustavus in sight is not good. Oh, that's gonna be sweet. I just can't collapse from within before then.

The Tree is just a great mascot. If there wasn't such a thing as Buckeyes it would be the top of the heap. By the way, my UW-Milwaukee Panthers are going to be real tough this year if you like mid-major basketball. :D

Innocence: I'd guess the bacteria would be disloyalty, the real anti-Russian disease. All the revolters would probably get eaten up by Byzantium, who has a bad habit of picking up the scraps.

the_shy_kid: Sadly the guy after him is an Arab, too. Plus, he somehow is a Rurikovich, which I found absolutely baffling. This may be a bug. Two Russians don't have Arab children because they live in Arabia. :wacko:

Morpheus506: They are and I just don't get it. The family tree needs some pruning, to be sure. :D

brifbates: If I got Kinslayer the game would be over. An empire that large with a tainted King...it would make the last round of disloyalty look like a picnic. :eek: Fortunately the new King seems reasonably healthy and already has a direct male heir.

Lurken: Sadly, bad reputation hangs around. The good he did went to the grave with him and the evil seems to live forever. :D Fortunately reputation recovers relatively quickly compared to EU 2.

Carbiner: Thank God for small favors. :D Unfortunately traits like depression seem to be passed on more often than not.

Stop the insanity! Enough is enough! An abnormally large Russia, no Mongol Hordes, An Arab Messiah, and now a Muslim Arab Grandmaster of the Hospitallers? :rofl: I can't wait to see what's next. Historians everywhere are scratching their heads...

King Of Nines said:
Historians everywhere are scratching their heads...

Scratching their heads, you wish. IF they are lucky, they'll only have a violent stomach. If not we will have no more historians 'cause they have all selfcombusted

And Paranoid Tsar now when you have a muslim named after your line, can't you let him be next in line for the throne?

Lurken said:
Scratching their heads, you wish. IF they are lucky, they'll only have a violent stomach. If not we will have no more historians 'cause they have all selfcombusted

Ah, I think you are far closer to the truth than I... :D

Well at least you got those revolts put under. And yes I share your annoyance with them.

Paranoid Tsar said:
The King gets the official Russian sickness (pneumonia) and is dead by 1404. His successor is three years old.
Oh, bit of a surprise there! I thought heirs needed to be at least around 12 before being able to inherit at all (no idea where I got this number in my head, though this empty Scotch Single Malt 12 years bottle might be a valid clue).

Is there a lower limit at all? King Rurikovich the Toddler? Rurikovich the Embryo? Rurikovich the Glint in the Milk Man's eye? (yes, it is indeed a complete Blackadder ripoff in case it seemed familiar :))

That's right, the future Knights of Rhodes have a Muslim Arab as Grandmaster.
ROFL :rofl: Just wait till his cover is blown among hundrets of zealous catholic knights during the annual Feast of the Roasted Pig

King Of Nines said:
Stop the insanity! Enough is enough! An abnormally large Russia, no Mongol Hordes, An Arab Messiah, and now a Muslim Arab Grandmaster of the Hospitallers? :rofl: I can't wait to see what's next. Historians everywhere are scratching their heads...
What King said. Hoboy, what an unbelievable, bloated mess you have worked your way into. I hope it doesn't all explode in your face ... too badly :D

Maybe the order converted to Islam, and now wants to have a Muslim leader, :D But I had a few pagans found the Teutonic Order, and when I went to attack it, all my vassals got pissed off at me(how dare you attack an order of christ... oh wait they're pagan... well what the hell, die!). Hmmm...

King Of Nines: My plan for the next post will not only be devastating from a historical fidelity standpoint it will also be something that I think Paradox games are hard-coded to prevent: destroying Sweden. :D It would probably make more sense from a gameplay perspective to fight Muslims, but I've got personal scores to settle from so many EU 2 games as Russia. ;)

Lurken: Actually the unwanted successors are Arab Orthodox. :eek: I had to draw the line somewhere, and the Arab child with two Russian parents was where it had to be. The entire Hospitalier fiasco is more than bad enough as far as "what the fudge" occurrances. :D

Henry v. Keiper: The "succession loyalty hit" drives me up the wall. If someone is succeeding who is a legitimate heir and the succession law hasn't changed in centuries why would there be all that unrest? Besides, being a Vassal of Russia is without a doubt the highest glory one can aspire to. Who would give it up? :D

Innocence: There isn't an age limit for succession, but there are plenty of bad events that only Kiddie Kings get (doubt legitimacy, rampant intrigue, etc). Plus I'm pretty sure vassals are less loyal to a child, but that's just a theory of mine (it might just be the lower scores Kids have before schooling). History is full of child regencies, so I'm cool with infant succession and the attendant difficulties. :D

My favorite part regarding the Muslim Grandmaster: the moon symbol directly over the cross star-burst. That's some quality incongruity. I wonder if the everyone's favorite historical footnote would have gotten Arab culture in EU 2, along with French, Italian, Greek and Albanian, of course.

frogbeastegg: If it does collapse I've got lots of "Fall of the Iron Curtain" pictures ready. :D I've got unjust and ill advised wars planned for the remaining time so it could be close. There is no such thing as "wash, rinse, repeat" in this game: things can go sour literally at any time. :D

Carbiner: My biggest gripe about the Orders is they can't be played! I really wanted to kill and exploit Pagans as the Teutons, but had to settle for Novgorod crusades. Why have Baltic Pagans if their historical conquerer is unplayable and pitifully weak in the hands of the AI?

I think the bottom line is that the AI's mismanagement of the Crusade Orders is a sad, sad thing. Make 'em playable or improve the AI, says I. :D

Carbiner said:
Maybe the order converted to Islam, and now wants to have a Muslim leader, :D But I had a few pagans found the Teutonic Order, and when I went to attack it, all my vassals got pissed off at me(how dare you attack an order of christ... oh wait they're pagan... well what the hell, die!). Hmmm...

Actually, I've seen the "pagan Teutonic Order" anomaly in one of my games. The first Grandmaster was "Finnish Pagan".

I didn't think about attacking them, though, but I probably should have. :D

King Of Nines said:
Actually, I've seen the "pagan Teutonic Order" anomaly in one of my games. The first Grandmaster was "Finnish Pagan".

I didn't think about attacking them, though, but I probably should have. :D

Don't know if it was the first grandmaster although I doubt it, but in my current game the Lithuanian Pagan Grandmaster was all that stood between the Rurokoviches of Rostov and their second Kingdom title... The results were fairly predictable :rofl:

bri

brifbates said:
Don't know if it was the first grandmaster although I doubt it, but in my current game the Lithuanian Pagan Grandmaster was all that stood between the Rurokoviches of Rostov and their second Kingdom title... The results were fairly predictable :rofl:

bri

Ah, don't you just love these alternate history scenarios? :D