• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ironfounderson: Bah, what is with people and colours? :p And that was from the session before last. ;)

Flamey: Thanks and I believe you need to update your AAR too. :p :D

nice aar, small lies here and there (since Sweden didnt have any cavalery in malacca and only lost in total 5000 men + Why in hells name would I be in malacca since i was already at war for over 10 years with poland?!) But nice ;) hope to be more in your storys in a peacefull tea drinking way :D

Seen said:
nice aar, small lies here and there (since Sweden didnt have any cavalery in malacca and only lost in total 5000 men + Why in hells name would I be in malacca since i was already at war for over 10 years with poland?!) But nice ;) hope to be more in your storys in a peacefull tea drinking way :D
No? So WTF was killing my men? :eek: :wacko:

Roaming ‘Round The World Part 7
1595 - 1613​

So the years flew by in the world, years of well earned peace for some, but for others recuperation after years of warfare in Europe. Van Engel though thought he deserved a good stretch of peace, after the disastrous war vs. Sweden and the short and quick war vs. Vinjangar. So money was put into the economy again, mainly trade as the Ottoman Empire was turning into a trading Empire with traders all over the east after Swedish maps being bought by the Turk.

Also exploration of the world was completed by a joint effort of Spanish and Portuguese sailors. Colonization of Australia continued and Bombay was finally colonized to a small village.

Meanwhile during these years of peace, a letter arrived at Van Engel’s quarters in the Royal Palace in Lisboa:

Dear Portuguese/Dutch/English* Swine,

We have noticed that you think you rule India and its yours to kick about and use as a punch bag. We do not. We are the true heirs of India and we are sure our Empire, which kicks Persia’s ass on a regular basis, will kick your ass too.

Signed;

sigformughal.jpg

*Delete as necessary

With this letter Van Engel flew into a rage, no-one calls him Dutch!, not really knowing the true power of the Mughal Empire, he decided to DoW anyway. Big Mistake. 60 000 men and cannons were assembled in Goa and Madras ready for an en masse in towards Mughal territory. The Mughals and their allies (Benegal and Mysore) unbeknownst to Van Engel massed nearly twice the numbers, but Benegal and Mysore were 2 CRTs down and the Mughals 1 CRT.

The first part of the war went well, Mysore was overrun pretty quickly without to many losses, but still no sight of Mughal armies. Suddenly 80 000 men swarmed over the boarders and most Portuguese armies were routed or destroyed, Madras and Goa fell after 2 years of constant assaults and Benegal also started to siege Ganges.

Peace was signed with Mysore, the Indians handing over Kerala, Pondicherry and Mandurai. New recruits from Europe and Indonesia arrived 1 year later and turned back the tide against the Bengalese but nothing could stop the large Mughal armies sitting in Yanam and Kerala. Nearly all Bengalese Cites were in Portuguese hands or under siege, but the massive warscore built up by the Mughals still had the Portuguese beaten, with all Portuguese Indian cites in Mughal hands and the thousands of men killed by them Engel was forced to hand over Madras and Yanam, but was allowed to keep the cities won from Mysore.

1613-India.jpg

Weeks after the end of the Conflict another letter reached Van Engel:

Dear Portuguese/Dutch/English* Loser,

Haha we beat you like we said we would. Haha, you couldn’t even beat the Bengalese! Next time we’ll kick your ass right outta India, just you see!

Signed;

sigformughal.jpg

*Delete as necessary

Van Engel learning from his mistakes just ignored the insult of being called a Dutch loser and started plotting for his next attack against the evil Scandinavian Colonials...

1613-Europe.jpg

Van Engel said:
No? So WTF was killing my men? :eek: :wacko:
The same Famous general that apperently gave the *** **** ***** forces Victory it seems: anonymous.

PS:
*** A certain "not again/again" word
**** A certain "victorious/defeat" word
***** A certain "Swedish/Portugese" word

SeiroganWarrior said:
I wonder if it would be wise for me to try conquering more of Europe rather than colonization when playing as Portugal.
In Sp, first conquor north Africa and west Africa, then attack spain and that should be about it. ;) In Mp, go colonial, don't even mess around in Europe. :)

Some people don't get back till 8pm you know and then have homework. :p I'll try write update(s) tomorrow. :)