• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This post is from last weeks session, when i wasn't there, so only a report for now. :) Yesterdays session will come tomorrow.

Roaming ‘Round The World Part 4
1533 - 1555​

Notes:

War: No wars at all for this session, only a war in name vs Venice, which the AI thankfully didn't take a active part in. :)

Diplomacy: Again nothing to be interested about, just some wierd RM's the AI set up.

Trade: Need I say? AI trading is useless.

Colonization + Exploration: Most of Brazil is now covered by either colonies or TP's. Only the Basin and a few southern provinces are not done yet. SA is now totally explored.

The Big Problem: Sweden: Sweden, taking the opportunity whilst I was away, annexed Malacca, cheating Portugal of her CoT by right. Also with the maps taken from the capital, most of Indonesia has been colonized by Sweden. :(

1555-Indo.jpg

Notice the blue... :wacko:

1555-africa.jpg

Portuguese Africa.

1555-Aussie.jpg

Australia.

1555-Brazil.jpg

Brazil, nearly colonized.

1555-europe.jpg

Europe, one big mess! :D

Last edited:
Year?
BTW where is European mess? Just a little bit in the East...
Curiosity:how did Naples manage to survive annexation to Spain?

Hastu Neon said:
Year?
Owh yes I've been forgetting the years! :eek:o the last update I did was 1555, I'll write those in.
Spain can't diploannex Naples as there is no land connection between them. Btw you have a PM. :)

Hastu Neon said:
Year?

I hope he will write about the fall of Austria soon, there you will see a big mess for sure. :rolleyes:

Roaming ‘Round The World Part 5
1555 – 1573​

Joao III: Well Van Engel, looks like you screwed up in Indonesia.
Van Engel: I’m sorry my Lord, nothing I could about it, I was away on ‘business’ at the time.
Joao III: Well you better think of something, I’m not happy Malacca being in Swedish hands.
Van Engel: Don’t worry I’ll call by Seen’s holiday house in Indonesia whilst I’m on my visit to China; they wanted to talk about the trade there.
Joao III: Good luck with that then

***​

In Seen’s new holiday house in Indonesia.

Van Engel: Well hullo there Seen, I like what you have done with the place, though I do feel this should be my holiday home…Seen: Heh, don’t you have one in Cape Town, Austrialia and Belem? And I’ve heard the weather is always nice in Portugal too, whilst me on the other hand freeze to death 9 months a year in Sweden. This is a nice break from that.
Van Engel: That’s not the point; I was away on ‘business’ when you got your hands on this place.
Seen: So? I was too. But my mate Drake helped me out and did it for me.
Van Engel: Come on Seen, be fair, this place is rightfully ours.
Seen: Well… I don’t know about that, but do you want some of this tea, fresh from the fields out there.

Seen waves his hands out the window to the massive tea and Opium plantations in the valley.

Van Engel: No thank you, I’ve got my own load in Jakarta. By the way, if we can’t sort this out here, I’ll see you on the Battlefield.
Seen: O no I’m shitting myself! Haha, what you gonna do? Throw coffee beans at us? Your armies can’t be more than 20k.
Van Engel: Ha ha…. you’re not funny, We’ll just take Ganges and you’ll see us again.

***​

After the useless conversation with Seen, Van Engel in his rage ordered the army to be grown to about 40k before DoWing Benegal. The war in India was drawn out long, with the waves of Indians thrown at the small but well equipped Portuguese army. It took 5 years before Ganges and the Bengal capital had fallen and peace was signed, Ganges would be handed over to Portugal and 100d paid to the Mughal Empire for their trouble.

Meanwhile war after war was fought in Central Europe, Austria was going down in Flames, when Spain intervened saving them from vassalization to the Turk but still lost Istria and Stiermark. Spain also lost a war with France, giving them Bearn.

1573-OEadvance.jpg

Van Engel ordered colonization to stop momentarily while trade was boosted up, but after, India was the focus of colonization.

1573-India.jpg

In 1571 a war between Poland and Sweden/Denmark broke out, this looked like a chance for Portugal to get Malacca. Men were trained all over Africa and India for the war and ships were built in Europe. War would come to the Swedish…

1573-Europe.jpg

Last edited:
I dont want to give away the punshline for your readers., Evil backstabbing coward Dutchman, but i can hardly resist....

malacca.jpg

Seen said:
I dont want to give away the punshline for your readers., Evil backstabbing coward Dutchman, but i can hardly resist....

[/QUOTE]

:oo Btw could you send me the file for that screenie, I want it. :D

Van Engel said:
:eek:o Btw could you send me the file for that screenie, I want it. :D

If you want the .JPG: Right click on the picture and choose "Save Picture As" in the corresponding menu. ;)

If you want the .BMP, sorry, then you will have to trust Seen. :D

Boys, I hope it will come soon the day I'll get a faster connection to join this mess :D

Chaingun said:
If you want the .JPG: Right click on the picture and choose "Save Picture As" in the corresponding menu. ;)

I wanted the uncut version. ;)

Chaingun said:

Im very trustworthy :D

Roaming ‘Round The World Part 6
1573 - 1595​

Van Engel walks into the Kings Court in Portugal.

Van Engel: Guess what!
Felipe I: What?
Van Engel: I declared war on Sweden!
Felipe I: You dumbass Engel, how we going to fight them?
Van Engel: Ah but I’ve thought of that and I’ve been minting for men and recruiting the last 5 years during the Poland – Swedish war.
Felipe I: well in that case… get on with it, I want Malacca.
Van Engel: I will O king!
Felipe I: Ur by the way, you did remember to tech up to Land 14 before you DoWed right?
Van Engel: Doh! I knew I forgot something, well hopefully our numbers and leader will defeat Seen anyway.
Felipe I: I hope it for you Engel.
Van Engel: Well I’ll get on with it then, cya when I’ve conquered Malacca!
Felipe I: Good luck!

So Van Engel ordered the invasion of Swedish Indonesia, the main army in Jakarta was split into 3 units, 1 large and two smaller forces. The two smaller forces were to be ferried around the islands, taking control of the colonies and burning down trading posts, the larger force stayed in Jakarta. The Fleet was also split up, 1 large fleet barricading Malacca and 2 smaller fleets of 3 transports each to ferry round the smaller armies.

Within 2 years the outlying colonies were controlled and the main invasion of Malacca was ready. 40 000 Portuguese souls boarded the royal fleet in Jakarta and sailed the few miles to Malacca and unloaded, the first man on Swedish land was Van Engel himself, leading the assault.

The Swedish outnumbered 2 to 1 were unready but better equipped, using the new CRTs available.

CRT.jpg

The new Swedish CRTs.

With Cannon roaring behind them, the Portuguese pushed up the beach into the fire of the Swedish, men fell all around Van Engel, but he pushed on nonetheless wishing to wash his sword in Swedish blood. Hundreds of Portuguese men were dieing but the numbers were getting there, just.

The bloodied men crashed into the Swedish line, finally Swedish blood was spilt as Portuguese pike men got suck into it, though massive casualties were being inflicted on the brave men, the Swedish were being pushed from the beach head.
The Battle seemed won until a counter-attack by Swedish cavalry, as if appearing from no-where, crashed into the side of the Portuguese flank. With no Cavalry themselves, and no reinforcement with all men committed to the first assault, the Portuguese had to withdraw from the beach. Van Engel was dragged away by his own bodyguard, screaming for Seen’s Blood.

The butchers pill was long, nearly 10 000 men dead, to only about 3 000 Swedish. Van Engel, in a rage from the lost battle, ordered 20 000 more men to be trained. After 2 years, the army was ready for another go at Malacca, so 50 000 men boarded the fleet and sailed again.

This time, the Swedish expecting the Portuguese, had erected new defences on the beach to slow down amphibious landings. The battle was short, the first wave getting slowed down in the obstacles and the second wave, mainly cavalry, got tangled up in the pike man in the first wave. The army was in full rout only after 2 hours, leaving 10 000 dead on the beach. Sweden lost only 2 000.

Van Engel ordered again the training of 10 000 more men, and waited till they had working out for themselves how the Swedish CRTs worked.

After 4 years of no fighting between the two sides and the introduction of CRTs into the royal army, Van Engel lead his men again to the beach of Malacca. This time the battle went a lot better, the new weapons were pushing favour towards the Portuguese but for some reason the battle still could not be won, again 10 000 men died to the Swedish 3 000. Van Engel went mad and with revolts springing up all over the Empire, asked Seen for a white peace…

1581-malacca.jpg

Van Engel walks into Seen’s office in Malacca

Seen: LOL Van Engel what was that?
Van Engel: Ok ok, I, No we want peace, we can’t keep on losing 10 000 men per battle, and you need these men for your war in the Baltic’s.
Seen: Fine Engel, you can have peace, but you can’t keep on doing this ok? Jumping in on wars and so on.
Van Engel: Sure, no problem. Btw I think you need to go back to Danzig, I’ve heard the Polish are sieging it again for the thousandth time.
Seen: Bah be quiet, and I might let you out of here alive.
Van Engel: Ok I’m going! Jeesesss

So the Battle was lost, the war was lost and revolts were everywhere. Van Engel decided never to go to war until he could guarantee his success and Malacca would be his, he had time to kill.

After the war, years were taken the rebuild the economy and tech up to infra 5. New colonies in Barung and on the site of the old Swedish trading post where built and the colonies in Australia were built upon.

1595-Indoniesia.jpg

Toward the end of the Century, Van Engel was restless of this peace, Indonesia was shut to him, but India, well India had left the back door open. Although a über alliance consisting of the Mughal Empire, Benegal and Mysore, Vinjangar wasn’t part of any alliance, so Van Engel’s attention turned to this backwards country.

Veterans from the Swedish war poured over the boarder from Goa and within 3 years all provinces were controlled. Peace was signed with Vinjangar handing over the 3 provinces of: Mangalore, Madras and Yanan.

1595-India.jpg

1595-Europe.jpg

Last edited: