• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

What do you think of the air-stacking penalty

• Keep it, i didn't even notice it/i like the challenge

Votes: 75 14,1%
  • I think it sucks, get rid of it

Votes: 230 43,2%
  • The idea is good, but it should be better implemented, see suggestions below

Votes: 203 38,2%
  • I don't give a plane's ass...

Votes: 24 4,5%

• Total voters
DivineShadow said:
My Airstacking Penalty patch?
You like? :)
How stable is it for you? I havent had any crashes but i dont play much maybe you can answer.
I only noticed a *minor* graphic error sometimes...however its gone in 0.1 seconds and the stacking penalty really is *gone*.....

It was quite difficult to find and fix the stacking penalty too due the fact its not something that changes over time.

Its a great piece of work and i have had and heard of no problems with it,i think many people are using it very Happily in there games.

Thanks DS

Dr Rare

How many squadrons do you have together than?

I try to combine squadrons, but I'm always sure to never excceed what a commander is able to lead. Two air marshals with twelve squadrons each for a total of 24. If he can't actually lead 12 squadrons, why tell me he can?

Tom Saywer said:
I try to combine squadrons, but I'm always sure to never excceed what a commander is able to lead. Two air marshals with twelve squadrons each for a total of 24. If he can't actually lead 12 squadrons, why tell me he can?
Air marshalls can control 12 squadrons if you have the ASP patch applied,they always used to be able to control 12 squadrons but then the Air stacking penalty was added to Hoi1 which means your squadrons get a penalty if there are more than 4 of them.
So you have to add the ASP patch if you want it the way it used to be.

But i think if you have 2 stacks of 12 squadrons each with a air marshall you will get a penalty if they are in or over the same province as then there will be 24 squadrons with 1 leader in overall command of them.

Doc

Alright, I think just about all the suggestions are covered here :)

First of all, I know this thread is for suggestions, but it appears that topic is long, long dead; if you need my opinion it's to raise the penalty to 9-12 and apply it to the AI as well. It just doesn't make sense for a 900-plane flight of fighters intercepting a 500-plane flight of tac bombers to lose horribly (and i do typically see about 40% losses vs 10% inflicted in such cases- so I lose 360 planes and they lose 50 :( )

But my real reason for posting is that the ASP-remover download is no longer a valid link, anyone know where to get it?

And hey Doctor, long time no see :) Mostly my fault, I've been insanely busy lately.

ASP Patch Back Again!!

Amob_m_s said:
But my real reason for posting is that the ASP-remover download is no longer a valid link, anyone know where to get it?

And hey Doctor, long time no see :) Mostly my fault, I've been insanely busy lately.

Hello dude glad to see your still playing Hoi1!!!

I have just added the ASP patch to the Hoi1 downloads section at Stony Road Hoi site......
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=162
The Stony Road Forum - Downloads

You might have to register to get it ,but your probably like most a member there already.

All my Hoi1 GFX projects are here at stony..
http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11
Stony Road Graphics&Sprites - The Stony Road Forum

doc.gif

Thanks Doc. I never needed the ASP fix before, as I almost always play as minors or medium powers, when I never have more than 4 air units anyways. But recently I've given the majors a go, and found that getting utterly slaughtered in the air is no fun at all. :(

And I'm still working (slowly) on my Alternate Scenarios, although as I said I've had very little time to get much done over the past two months. :)

Hello!

I have just started playing this amazing game and I simply wonder how it was possible it eluded me for so long time :)

Now, I have 1.06c version and I want to remove air stacking penalty by using mentioned application.

Problem is, I am not allowed do download anything from Stony Road site. I registered yesterday, but still did not receive confirmation email.

Can somebody be so kind and send the fix to me?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

I have just started playing this amazing game and I simply wonder how it was possible it eluded me for so long time :)

Now, I have 1.06c version and I want to remove air stacking penalty by using mentioned application.

Problem is, I am not allowed do download anything from Stony Road site. I registered yesterday, but still did not receive confirmation email.

Can somebody be so kind and send the fix to me?

Thanks in advance.

Please read:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406640

Hello - is there a working link for the Air Stacking Penalty mod?

EDIT: Found it thanks to Krakau and AndrisN

If at some point it doesn't work please pm me and I will re-upload as I have copies on my private server as well.

Last edited: