• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(9313)

Deliciously Danish
May 14, 2002
Visit site
Current Version; RU 1.0.0 - get it here

Also, follow the first AAR based on this mod: Alhazen's Rome: Sons of Mars

There has been an increasing interest in and wish to help with this scenario. Therefore I thought I'd organize it a little and make one of those threads where everybody can easily add their contributions... if they have any, of course :)

A little info on the scenario:
It starts in 218 BC and Rome and Carthage are already at war with each other. Because of the time-trouble (no BC years), we will try with a start in 535 afR. (after the foundation of Rome) + 1000, so, 1535.
Hannibals army is marching towards northern Italy, where the Romans are trying to mount some resistance to his invasion. Of course, this beginning army is quite large when it leaves Spain and is significantly reduced when it reaches Italy. Rome enjoys almost total supremacy at sea, so there probably won't be a good alternative to the land route of Hannibal. He, of course, is a stunning leader, which I hope will reflect itself on the battlefield. Rome's are more mediocre in the beginning. Rome is allied to Syracuse, Massilia and Venetii (there are probably others too) Carthage is allied to various Celtic tribes.
Also, there is war in Greece between various states and leagues, and the Seleucid are at war with Ptolemaic Egypt.
This... is our opening of the scenario.

Ok, so far we have these things more or less handled:

Country names and locations, city names and so on.(Gaul might need a little re-tweaking later on, but for now northern Gaul is outside the timeframe of the first step of the scenario, so we'll wait with that)

Monarchs are done for the major powers and non-Celtic mid-powers.
(If anyone have any kingslist or similar for the tribal nations, that would be cool :))

Roman unit sprites: Early Republican, Late Republican and Imperial types. Also, hoplites and celtic warriors.
(However, I'd like some variation in the hoplite sprites and an unique Carthaginian sprite, so if anybody out there can do these things, that would be super! Also, more diverse barbarian sprites, since we use the Celtic swordsman for every tribe. In addition, we have a galley sprite, but without the sinking animation)

I've placed various resources where my little German history atlas has claimed they were. Also, resources have been edited. We have stuff like tin, papyrus, dates, timber and so on.

Some things are being re-written. Instead of being a vassal, a country is now a "Client State", and instead of royal marriages we have "state friendship".

We are looking into the possibility of converting the religion-aspect into a more "Civilization"-tool. Meaning, the Romans can "convert" barbarian provinces to "civilized" province. A crude form of "Romanization". (This has now been included)

I've messed around with the AI, but I'm not sure how well it works in the long run. This is basically done for the majors.

What we need:

Research! And lots of it!

As mentioned, more sprites.

Events! And plenty of them!

AI tweaking for the minor nations, according to their specific locations and situations.

Figuring out the strength of the non-Punic War nations. Size of armies, economy and such.

Editing the terrain here and there. Germany will need more forests, swamps etc. Gaul might not look like what it does in the ordinary EU2 scenarios.

Flags and shields (being done excellently by Birger) but he needs help with the research. I'll post a list of important countries later on.

These shields are still missing:
Iberia
Lusitani
Artabri
Belli
Arstures
Cantabri
Arevaci
Ilergetes
Vascones
Iacetani

Gaul
Sordones
Vocates
Nitiobroges
Lemovices
Vellavi
Vocontii
Allobroges
Graioceli
Insubres
Liguria
Cenomani
Ambarri
Turones
Andes
Coriosolites
Osimii
Asuvii
Tricasses
Triboci
Nervii
Eurbornes
... more to come...

Last edited:
Birger:
I'll make a list later today and post it here.

Tombom:
I'd like you to look into Ptolemaic Egypt if you can. Major and minor events up to around 80 BC, special things we need to look into, relations and so on. And yes, I'll try and upload the scenario later. However, it seems like there is a 2 mb limit in the upload forum, so I'll need to look into that.

Any good should allow you to split up the zip into lots of separate files which you can then upload. And I'll look for a bit into egypt.

How big is the zip?

Last edited:
Ok, a couple of things when I make a scenario zip-file...

I only need to include the files that I have altered, right? And just make sure that they are in the right folders?

Wilhelm VI said:
Molleby what about a few screenshots of Europe ?

Your wish is my command:

map1.bmp

Edit: colours will be edited and some provinces will probably be changed, but essentially this is how it's gonna look.

tombom said:
No moddir? Sad :(

Looks interesting though. Downloading.

Isn't a moddir a must have if we're gonna use new interface graphics? :)