• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Shields that needs to be made...

Syracuse - done
Ptolemaic Egypt - done
Seleucid Empire - done
Macedonia - done
Aetolian League - done
Aechean League - done
Epirus - done
Pergamum - done
Thrace - done
Bosporus - done
Trabzont - done, 100% fantasy though...
Pontus - done
Bithynia - done
Galatia - done
Cappadocia - done
Rhodus - done
Massilia - done
Venetii - done
Armenia - done
Media - done
Parthia - done
Knossos - done
Delos - done

Remi - source found
Atrebates - source found
Bellovaci - source found

Nervii - no source found
Treveri - source found
Eubornes - no source found
Menapii - no source found
Liguria - no source found

Graioceli - no source found

Allobroges - source found
Vocontii - no source found
Vellavi - no source found

Bituriges - source found
Turones - no source found
Carnutes - source found
Andes - no source found
Esuvii - no source found

Coriosolites - source found
Osimii - no source found
Pictones - source found
Santones - source found

Lemovices - no source found
Cadurci - source found
Volca - source found

Nitiobroges - no source found
Vocates - no source found
Tarbelli - source found
Sordones - no source found
Parisii - source found
Catalauni - source found

Tricasses - no source found
Leuci - source found
Triboci - no source found
Ambarri - no source found
Sequani - source found
Helvetii - source found

Regnii - no source found
Atrebates - source found
Carvetii - no source found
Catuvellauni - source found
(Coritavi ) - ?
Cornovii - no source found
Brigantes - no source found
Silures - no source found
Dumnoni - no source found

Iceni - source found
Trinovantes - source found

Are these 3 in the game?
Gaul
Belgica
Aquitani

Any other countries?

EDIT: Link to graphic thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163511

Last edited:
This one:

shield_roman.jpg

http://birgerjarl.languish.org/TEMPLATES/template_roman.rar

I hope there will be attention to appropriate techs too, and fire/shock qualities. Obviously there won't be firearms in this period so you really need new combat tables.

(there are catapults and shortbows though, as well as fire triremes)

Also I hope the world outside europe is included, there were established nations in america, africa and asia. Wouldn't be so much fun if the Roman conquest stops in europe :D

Last edited:
Mad King James said:
Media was the "Kingdom of the Medes"

Great, I'll see if I can find anything now. :)

Oh btw, should it be Pontus of Pontos?

RedPhoenix said:
I hope there will be attention to appropriate techs too, and fire/shock qualities. Obviously there won't be firearms in this period so you really need new combat tables.

(there are catapults and shortbows though, as well as fire triremes)

Also I hope the world outside europe is included, there were established nations in america, africa and asia. Wouldn't be so much fun if the Roman conquest stops in europe :D

Well, this is how we are going to do it:

We start with the Mediterranean and Black Sea region, and when this works appropriately, we will expand. But not before. I want the Punic War area to work before anything else.

And yep, the combat system will need a lot of tweaking. I was kind of hoping someone here was able to do that. Especially the overwhelming power of the early cavalry needs to be edited.

If you need more help, I could probably do some events for Hellas and Asia Minor

Fornadan said:
If you need more help, I could probably do some events for Hellas and Asia Minor

Great, those areas will need a lot of research, given the complicated situation there. :)

First we'll need a list over important events there, I guess.

Moddir

Ok, so I made a Rome Universalis folder in my normal EU2 game folder, ran the unlimited time patch on the ordinary EU2 and made the shortcut command thing to the Rome Universalis folder.

It runs, and events and such are all ok. Also, flags and shields seem to be in order. :)

But... the sprites are wrong and instead of city icons, there a those little red arrows. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Molleby said:
No, those are just the names of the three regions of what most of us call Gaul. I think it was just how Caesar divided Gaul into three parts.

Ok, I'll delete them from the tag post then :)

Some suggestions

If possible, it would be a nice to change July and August to Quinctilis and Sextilis.

Also, manpower is probably too high at the moment.

Something I thought of when I mulled a Rome mod a long time ago was this: placing a very, very high cost on moving from tech (0) to tech (1) and tech (2), and so forth.

This would allow you to create a number of nations, like the steppe nomads, who maintained a loosely organized tribal state. You could place them at tech (0), and bar them from building fortifications. This could help encourage lots of chaos out on the steppes and speed the creation of huge (but fragile) states like the Huns and Goths.

Is it possible to make mercenaries cheaper?

Prufrock451 said:
In that case, how about jacking level 1 fortifications way down and making level 2 fortifications their equivalent?

Fortifications are hard-coded into the EXE, believe me I've tried everything