• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd gladly take england. It would be great if people could add me on icq, 14 906 306, so that some diplomacy could be made :)

In case someone does not know our save is from Jan 1 1800, eigth months before we ended the last playing session. When I left in a hurry at 23.30 that night I forgot to make a save. Sorry about that. I assume most know about it already.

I'm sorry to say this, but such unreliable crew is something I haven't seen for quite long. I'm really disappointed.

Nenetheless, I'd like to thank everybody who played this campaign. Most of time it was joyful. :)

Too bad. Henry and Mac did not come even though they had said they would.

The game is now dead.

I would also like to thank my fellow gamers for a nice game as long it lasted.

Apparently the pick of the crew on a game like this must be made more careful.

Each one can judge for himself who he believes to be reliable in the future. This session was only one in which we had problems. Let no excessive judgement be passed on those who were missing tonight.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't turn up, internet connect broke yesterday and I've just been out to buy a new isdn splitter. Still not working proberly. :( Shame about the game, I would of really liked to kick Daniel's spain hard in the balls, but obviously not to be. :(

Van Engel said:
I would of really liked to kick Daniel's spain hard in the balls, but obviously not to be. :(

Daniel looks between his legs, "ah, my balls are still there, you lucky bastard Daniel" :D

---------

I know exactly how you feel Henry, all my friends just love to kick my ass when we play board games, much more than anyone else's ass ;)

The last Stats (1801)

1801.jpg

1801africa.jpg

1801na.jpg

1801sa.jpg

1801asia.jpg

1801pacific.jpg

Shame you can't see all the portuguese empire there. :D Now here's my little analise of the game (remember this is all from my point of view and it took bloody long to write so read it! :D ):

Austria: Promising start and was doing well against France and OE until chosing the wrong choice (imo) in the Karl V event, giving Northern Italy to spain. From there onwards it was all down hill, almost dieing to rebels and the OE and then becoming the bitch of France. Towards the end of the game Austria started giving the Turks a good kicking and finished off on a high.

Brandenburg: Poor Brandenburg was dead before it even started. Losing to AI forces, it went under and was annexed by Austria.

Denmark:A very good start, eating up north germany together with Sweden and then colonizing parts of NA. Unfortunatly this was paid for dearly when she lost her colonial empire to England and then being beaten again badly to Sweden. After the Great Northern War (Denmark - Poland - Austria - Russia vs Sweden) Denmark was vassalized and later annexed.

England:A fairly passive England in this game, not really going far on the colonization scale compared to Spain, Portugal or even Sweden. Having being AI or "vnetted" for a few sessions she found herself losing ground to the Danish in NA. But after beating them soundly twice (with Dutch and Portuguese help) England became a world power, easily controling the Northern atlantic.

France: Called the uber power from 1600 onwards, France was the centre of most conflicts from the start up until the Napoelonic wars. Having vassalized Spain early on and gaining Spanish and old Austrian Italian turf, France became the power to beat after the waxing of the Ottoman Empire. After being jumped on twice by the Naval Alliance, France still managed the beat Spain - Portugal - Ottoman Empire - England in the endgame, with help from Sweden and Austria.

Holland: Unfortunatly a weak NL, caused by a strong Portugal and Sweden having taken most of the good colonizable spots and then being crushed by France. Holland although took part in the Danish wars, holding off the Danish and Swedish armies in Germany while England and Portugal moved to support. Apart from this though, Holland took little part in world politics. In the banging of France, Holland was also targetted by Portugal and Sweden and lost German holdings to Sweden and Belguim to Portugal, also causing a break up of the East african holdings if not for a while.

Ottoman Empire: The uber power of the early game. Unfortunatly this caused the fall of the Empire and the rising of France. Having pushed Austria within inches of death, the Ottomans were at the height of their power. Only after trying to balance the BoP upset with the Austria - France alliance with help from Spain did the Turks start their decline. After this deciding war, she pulled away slightly from Europe, helping the Portuguese in the East. Every so often the Ottomans were DoWed by the Austrians, but these wars were "small" and only concluded in small teritorial loses. The empire didn't take part in the French Banging, but came to the rescue of Spain during the Napoelonic wars.

Poland: Always the country to feel sorry for in this game. Always in the wars, always getting beaten up. It was finally beaten in the Great Northen War, and later annexed by Austria after being half eaten by Sweden.

Portugal:A strongish Portugal in this game, caused by a weaker England and Holland. Portugal always was the one to try and be neutral and skipped around alliances 24/7. Having being "robbed" of Malacca by Sweden, Portugal warred many times against Sweden controlling Malacca for a few years before losing it again to Sweden. After this Portugal withdrew from the European scene, concentrating on China and India. Unfortunatly in a war of morals Portugal was on the wrong side of Spain and France and was lain waste to. After this set back, she made up by buying French islands and then helping Spain and England in French banging and winning a few more. Dutch Belguim was also conquored only to be lost to the French in the napoelonic wars.

Russia: Russia in this game wasn't extremely active, except the early wars with the Ottoman Empire, the grabbing of Shanghai and the Great Northern war and other Swedish wars, Russia sat back and watched Europe kill it's self.

Spain: AKA the money collector. After a very bad start, being vassalized by France and then France getting to Mexico first... well it was a lot to make up. Spain cruised along though for a while, losing to France every 10 years. Spain finally teamed up with the Ottomans to beat France and Austria around 1600 but lost, losing Italy. After this with a new player, Spain went from strength to strength, by allying with France, unbalancing the BoP until she saw the light. But this only after seeing Portugal, Sweden and the OE defeated. Spain organized the banging of France, taking bits of Italy but all that effort was lost when beaten by France, and would of been totally overrun without the help of the turks.

Sweden: The most succesful power in this game, staying uber and not being targetted for it. Even when she was banged Sweden came through and kicked ass. All this mainly helped by someone (who will stay nameafonzo) selling Portuguese maps to the Swedes. With these Indonesia was annexed and colonized. Malacca was fought over with the portuguese too, but even being out-shiped Sweden still came out on top. Sweden after "helping" Denmark out a bit turned on them and had vassalized them (even with help from Portugal, Denmark still lost :p ). Sweden was banged by Russia, Austria, Poland and Denmark who took the chance to break their vassalship. Bad move. The war ended Denmark, started the fall of Poland, Russia lost even more ugric provinces and Austria... got away with no loses except a few 100 000 men dead... ;). Here I may add, this proberly wouldn't have been a success for Sweden without funding from their new found ally Portugal. :rolleyes: She then joined up with the Naval Alliance to beat the shit out of France but then switched sides over the Austria - OE war and helped France to Victory.

Edit: after a chat with Daniel A I declare:

Seen the most cleverly, backstabbing, gamiest, stratigic "player" in ER2, Come up Seen and collect your 24 crate of Amstel. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for these great compliments :D

You missed some minor , but crucial points about Swedish policy in defending Austria succesfully against France (your words ubber...) and after that the big war in iron own words (a bit) "being beaten by Sweden" and not the naval alliance :rolleyes: But apart from that, thnx for the honour :)

And we will keep that Amstel date ;)

Van Engel said:
Seen the most cleverly, backstabbing, gamiest, stratigic "player" in ER2, Come up Seen and collect your 24 crate of Amstel. :D
I can only agree with this. You showed us all how to become superpower without bringing too much attention to yourself. You have one crate of Amstel from me too ;) I'll give it to U next time I visit Netherlands or when you come to Slovakia (or nearby). :)

Good work on country analysis VE, a shame the campaign had to end this way. My perspective and rating of country performance (last one is the best)

Poland got into a fight with Sweden early on over Danzig. After a very long war with high inflation costs Poland did retain Danzig instead of Memel (?) but after that it was not a real fighting force as its economy was broke. Poland slowly declined, though it did manage to help in some wars and was put to rest by Sweden, Russia and Austria in the mid 18th century.

In hindsight Holland maybe shouldn't have been played. Holland was a story of too little, too late. By the time it was played, after 1600, all good colonial spots had been taking, France was already at its borders and it had little room to maneuver. Around 1700 Holland agreed to vassalization to France in return for Flanders and Brabant, but even than it only managed to snatch a province of a dying Denmark. In the end Portugal and Sweden brutally killed it in the third anti-french war.

Denmark had a good start with expansion in North Germany and a nice colonial area in North America. Unfortunately England managed to wrestle that from Denmark in the late 16th century. After that Chas quit the game and Denmark became a lame duck being subbed a few times. In the end Sweden vassalized and Annexed Denmark

Russia was not as big of bear as it could have been. It had some major wars with OE over Astrakahn which in the end he lost. It had several major struggles with Sweden over Northern Russia and the Baltic. Unfortunately for Russia quantity of men cannot overcome quality of man and a navy. A surprise move by Russia to grab the Shanghai cot caught the colonial powers by surprise and even caused a war with England that ended in a wp due to the inability of England to really kill Russia.

The first 150 years of England are a bit unknown to me :D England was just enjoying its island status and quietly colonizing. The main activity was to push Denmark out of North America. England was pulled into continental Europe’s affairs by France grabbing the North American cot. After that England became involved in the continent mainly as part of the anti-French alliance.

Austria didn't make full use of the Habsburg connection while Franco-Turkish cooperation was quite good, which made Austria a hard place to live in. This lasted till France changed sides and Helped Austria against OE. After that Austria was unlucky in picking allies that soon lost their players (Denmark and Poland) while maintaining a status quo in the Empire. On the Turkish front there were several more fronts with in the end Austria coming out on top.

Spain under Flamey was not as successful as it could have been. In America it expanded as it usually does taking the aztecs and the incas plus its ToT area. In Europe partially due to the weak cooperation with Austria it lost several wars against France resulting in the loss of its Italian holdings. Spain under Daniel A was THE economic powerhouse. Though the foundations had been laid by flamey Daniel expanded it greatly and it allowed Spain to become the main proponent of the anti-french alliances of the 18th century.

The Ottoman Empire was certainly the early game strongest country, with some help from France they managed to expand their empire quickly while not forgetting their economy, it seemed that they where the great power to stay. However OE was outmanouvred by France when France switched its alliance loosing Hungary in the resulting war. After that more Ottoman-Austrian wars were fought with changing successes but Austria slowly pushed OE back. In Russia the OE managed to take and hold the important COT of Astrakhan. The economy wasn't as good as predicted, its early trade lead was quickly overtaken by the easy teching Portugal, Sweden and England. This eventually led to the introduction of a quite successful trade license policy to get some more money.

Portugal is a story of picking the right alliances at the right time, a policy that only once failed. Using the strong back of its alliance members when in trouble it managed to get out of the roughest spots and get ahead when things went good. It built a good colonial empire in the usual spots. The biggest contest for Portugal was over Malacca with Sweden. Over this CoT at least three major wars where fought, but in the end Sweden was the one owning Malacca.

France was the great power in Europe for the whole game. Through good cooperation with the Ottoman Empire and the not so good cooperation between Austria and Spain France managed to beat Spain several times get good diplomatic deals from Austria and defeating Austria on the battlefield as well. This allowed France to expand towards its natural northern borders and gain control of Italy. France reached its greatest height when in the 1720s (?) it snatched the Northamerican COT from England. This immediately unlocked the deadlock that had arose around France due to its size as all countries were now hostile to France. The resulting three wars before Napoleon came along resulting in two losses and one win.

Sweden was the most successful country of the game considering its starting point. It knew when to switch alliances, but even on its own it could win wars. In the early game it acquired Malacca from under the nose of Portugal, the resulting wars over Malacca ended in the end with a firm control over Malacca. In Europe Sweden won a 20 year war against Poland for almost no economic damage, while also slowly expanding its other Baltic holdings. The dominance over the Baltic grew stronger when Denmark was vassalized for the first time. In the end of the 17th century Russia, Poland and Austria thought it was time to curb Swedish expansion. The war was long but it ended in a complete Swedish victory even though at one time Denmark joined the war against Sweden. Sweden gained Northern Russia and revassalized Denmark. After that Sweden itself was never really contested again, Denmark was eventually annexed. In the 18th century Sweden was the country to have in your alliance if you wanted to win a war.

VE and Seen I might want to join you guys in drinking a couple of beers when you do.

Van Engel said:
Yeah you put me 3rd best. :D And yes we should meet up... in EINDHOVEN. :p
Yes...we (iron and me) life 10 km from each other and of course would travel 150 km just to see that lovely city :rolleyes:

I think I can take the responibility of Danish decline :p After losing the NA colonies I stabbed Seen and got beaten hard :D
It was fun subbing the few times I subbed though you are the worst disciplined players I ever played with, I will go buy you all a watch and a new internet connection ;)