• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aladar said:
Isn't there some event making sweden catolic and a polish vassel later on. Looking forward to that Seen :rolleyes:
:D

Yes, might have missed that event ;) Terribly sorry my king, please let me kiss your feet

Seen said:
:D

Yes, might have missed that event ;) Terribly sorry my king, please let me kiss your feet
You probably wanted to say "let me kick Your ass my king"

Well, no worries, I'll kick some buttocks as the sub for Poland, so that Aldar won't run out of enemies in his first session a week later :D

264-661-173

......and you have to say yes when i annex you right? That was i can remake denmark, and make sure to loose all of sweden to it......just as history was supposed to be writen.....

Jarkko Suvinen said:
Well, no worries, I'll kick some buttocks as the sub for Poland, so that Aldar won't run out of enemies in his first session a week later :D
Hehe, i didnt play with ya much i reckon, but the stories about annex are intresting :rolleyes:

Seen said:
Hehe, i didnt play with ya much i reckon, but the stories about annex are intresting :rolleyes:
Huh? Closest to annexing in EU2 I became in Tsunami when I subbed for Tuscany and got attacked by Austria, Venice, Spain, Portugal and Britain (I had before the rehost subbed for Venice and I did set up the ganging on tuscany, so I knew what was coming...). I succeeded to stop the first wave, but then the horrible odds simply proved to be too much, and was reduced to a one province minor :D

However, in CK I have been annexed by the AI :p

I have edited Poland's inflation to 25% and set its infra to a clean 5. However, I have not done anything to Spain yet. As far as I know I will push their DP slider of serfdom four points to the right, but was there anything more?

Also, I am about to add the official rule against spamming pirates or sending one ship fleets to stop enemy invasions (which has been around inofficially long enough). I still need to ask about the pirates: Should we ban them altogether? I mean, it's not like they're terribly useful, with P(+1 BB) = 0.1 and the easily defeatable ships. The only situations where I ever see them used is to annoy the target player.

Chaingun said:
I have edited Poland's inflation to 25% and set its infra to a clean 5. However, I have not done anything to Spain yet. As far as I know I will push their DP slider of serfdom four points to the right, but was there anything more?

Also, I am about to add the official rule against spamming pirates or sending one ship fleets to stop enemy invasions (which has been around inofficially long enough). I still need to ask about the pirates: Should we ban them altogether? I mean, it's not like they're terribly useful, with P(+1 BB) = 0.1 and the easily defeatable ships. The only situations where I ever see them used is to annoy the target player.

No banning of pirates (except of course to stop enemy invasions).

Why 4 dp moves for Spain? The slider has not been moved for a little less than 2 decades according to Daniel A, which would equal two dp moves.

Ironfoundersson said:
No banning of pirates (except of course to stop enemy invasions).

Why 4 dp moves for Spain? The slider has not been moved for a little less than 2 decades according to Daniel A, which would equal two dp moves.

Why set Poland's inflation to 25%? ;)

Let's take an average then. (2 + 4) / 2 = 3

Chaingun said:
I'm going to need gentle reminders about what other things to edit other than the various Poland/Spain/Denmark issues, as I have forgot them all. :rolleyes: Though before I give Spain a bit free push towards serfdom, I would like to add to what the others say, that playing as Spain with even lower morale is a killer. For some obscure reason that country's troops always suck no matter what, and lower morale only makes it worse.

The ai ruthlessly controlled England for some time last session before I came to rescue my beloved country. Comparing the 1668 and 1683 saves respectively, I found that 17 warships were lost - now I do know that the ledger is not always to be trusted but I did lose some ships immediately after i took over the country. The temporary sub also waged a meaninglessly war against Russia, racking up inflation and losing troops. Also, only 3 manus were built from the money i had saved instead of building a few more at one time. Trade was fucked up too, of course.

I'm not asking for any serious edits, but a little compensation would be nice, either in terms of ducats or warships.

Seen said:
No banning of pirates btw

Then let's say so, but I still wonder if there is any serious use for them, and not only mischief.

As for England, let's discuss it in ICQ any time before session (that is any time tomorrow after I come home from the hair dresser, approx. 13.00 CET or so). I don't want to start a streak where everyone starts to demand their warships back (I know Sweden lost some before that weren't given back etc.). However incorrect manus and the like (since you told me already before session you had saved up money), we can edit.

You rightfully put that sweden didnt ask for edits and that is because i have a personal policy that to much editing is very bad for gameplay. Provinces are the max in my eyes (yes , inflation is OVER it, but i see no one would take poland if not decreased and i favour fun over power ;) ). So even though i consider England a friend, off the game playerwise i see that kind of edits not done (should have gotten a SUB if you didnt want it, if you didnt, dont cry except hope that Chain will move your fleet to harbor)

Just my simple opinion

Seen said:
You rightfully put that sweden didnt ask for edits and that is because i have a personal policy that to much editing is very bad for gameplay. Provinces are the max in my eyes (yes , inflation is OVER it, but i see no one would take poland if not decreased and i favour fun over power ;) ). So even though i consider England a friend, off the game playerwise i see that kind of edits not done (should have gotten a SUB if you didnt want it, if you didnt, dont cry except hope that Chain will move your fleet to harbor)

Just my simple opinion
I see it from the same perspective.

Last edited:
Treaty of the Pyrenees

With the advent of a new leadership in Spain time has come for France and Spain to set aside its differences from the past. Therefore France cedes the province of Gerona to Spain, in return Spain grants France sovereignty over Lombardia. Furthermore Spain, once it is out of its current alliance, will enter into an alliance with France.

May the future be good for French-Spanish cooperation and may god bless France and Spain!

Signed

Louis XIV
Carlos II

------------------------------------

Requested edit: Gerona to Spain, province ID 427. (FRA has given its approval to this already)