• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Ederon said:
I've tried PE 1492 AoE as Austria in SP and figured out one thing. Maybe you'd know what is that. I was in war with Venice and couldn't attack Veneto, as if it were neutral country's province or TI. I could only move to and siege other Venetian provinces. :wacko:
They must of had a ship blocking the Strait, Veneto is a strait in the latest versions.

Van Engel said:
They must of had a ship blocking the Strait, Veneto is a strait in the latest versions.
@#&*%!*@*!!! :mad:

Van Engel said:
No, I'm just saying that Nijntje sucks. ;)
I now officially dow you ! (which country do you play acctually ... :p ) :D

And as long as sylvie says it, its good...
(sorry for the extra OT...)

Chaingun said:
We use the Peter Ebbesen 1492 scenario at start to give the colonizers more options about where to place their colonies. To answer the Venice question, it totally depends on how many players we want to have. The current number of 11 is already quite high; not to mention we have Netherlands reserved (which makes me remember, you could play NL if we choose to force-spawn them).
Drop Denmark! Drop Denmark ! ;)

btw, my connection is really screwed up lately. It connects, disconnects, connects all the time :wacko: . There is probably something wrong with some phone cable of ours, and they are gonna change all of them as soon as we have painted the walls. This may not be in some weeks though so I may not be able to play the first sessions :(
Another player may have to sub it (Andrew?). The problem comes and goes though so I can't really say until on Friday afternoon if I can play or not :(

Ironfoundersson said:
Learn to live with it. A simple archduke of the HRE has nothing to seek outside the HRE. ;)
Sure he does! And don't call Archduke simple ! Unless French frogeaters want to be in state of war with Austria! :D

I'd like to propse two extra rules:

1)Persian, han, cantones and japanes cultures are off limit till 1650 (or other date) This to keep OE focussed on Europe and prevent early COT snatching.

2) Editing cities between session costs one stability per city*, if stab is already at -3 it costs 3 BB. This to reduce silly province swap deals.

* A city is a European province or a ROTW province with population > 5000

Ironfoundersson said:
I'd like to propse two extra rules:

1)Persian, han, cantones and japanes cultures are off limit till 1650 (or other date) This to keep OE focussed on Europe and prevent early COT snatching.

2) Editing cities between session costs one stability per city*, if stab is already at -3 it costs 3 BB. This to reduce silly province swap deals.

The first rule is tried and tested, and I'm sure it can be arranged in order to prevent über OE. Does this include India, or is India open to colonizers? (A bit unfair for OE :().

However, the second one is VERY harsh. Consider the fact you might only lose -1 if you possess a CB on the person you DOW for a fake war. This means that rule would make it worse to request edits unless under very special circumstances (truce for example, though truces pass quickly). I'm not in favour of this version.

Chaingun said:
The first rule is tried and tested, and I'm sure it can be arranged in order to prevent über OE. Does this include India, or is India open to colonizers? (A bit unfair for OE :().

India, SE Asia and Indonesia are open. OE can, just like any other country colonize there or grab CoTs. Holding them might require a bit more naval orientation from OE though :D

Chaingun said:
However, the second one is VERY harsh. Consider the fact you might only lose -1 if you possess a CB on the person you DOW for a fake war. This means that rule would make it worse to request edits unless under very special circumstances (truce for example, though truces pass quickly). I'm not in favour of this version.

I don't like huge province swaps in Europe, that's why I propose it. How about this:

Editing more than one city between session costs one stability per extra city*, if stab is already at -3 it costs 3 BB. This to reduce silly province swap deals.

This allows for small province swaps like Tangiers from Portugal to Spain or Calais from England to France but not silly thing like all Spanish Italian provinces to Venice

Ironfoundersson said:
India, SE Asia and Indonesia are open. OE can, just like any other country colonize there or grab CoTs. Holding them might require a bit more naval orientation from OE though :D

I don't like huge province swaps in Europe, that's why I propose it. How about this:

Editing more than one city between session costs one stability per extra city*, if stab is already at -3 it costs 3 BB. This to reduce silly province swap deals.

This allows for small province swaps like Tangiers from Portugal to Spain or Calais from England to France but not silly thing like all Spanish Italian provinces to Venice

Sounds a bit better, but I still think that -1 stab for every two extra provinces (rounded upwards if partial) and 1.5 BB for extra province if a -3 stab would be more lenient.

Ironfoundersson said:
Holding them might require a bit more naval orientation from OE though :D

You know, my favourite OE of all times was the one in Dishonour Before Death 1. Check it out, and you'll learn more about naval powers than you thought was possible. :D An example: I as Prussia was forbidden from warring Denmark by OE. He used a 260k army waiting outside my coast to strengthen his argumentation.