• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ironfoundersson said:
And such statements are reasons for a total war :D

but tis is getting OT

Agreed.

A more general questions: Will you want stats or not? No stats + honourable players means tactical elements will be preserved between sessions. No stats + cheating players (looking at save game of other nations) will essentially have the same effects as stats (except exact troop positions are not known). I am neutral in this issue; it is up to you to decide whether you want stats or not. The positive benefit of stats are of course that they can be very interesting in the course of development of a country.

Maybe we can store aftersession saves and each -say- 100 years do stats. Otherwise I'm for no stats+honourable players :)

Lord Ederon said:
Maybe we can store aftersession saves and each -say- 100 years do stats. Otherwise I'm for no stats+honourable players :)

You just gave me an idea. Let's release stats with one session of delay. This would mean no critical information became public in an event such as a war etc. I believe this is a viable alternative (it still assumes we have honourable players though ;)).

Sounds good. And if somebody "cheats", it's his own problem. I don't care unless I know about it :p

Chas said:
Hi. I'll have a go, played SP quite a bit, but never MP.
I'll try the Timurids/Mughals if you like - when I did it in SP the revolts were a pain, but maybe I'll miss the first few decades of human aggression.

EDIT: ICQ is 337-518-221

I'll talk to you in ICQ about country selection.

Maciejus said:
Sweden, Denmark , BB and Poland in da house ? :eek: Norther Europe will be scene of great competition . Screw friday's social life - I must see this :D .
Friday social life can continue right after ;) Or is it already Saturday social life? :p

Question: which scenarion are we going to play? I'm back new to EU2 (forums) so I don't have idea what is the latest version of PE AoE (for example). Thanks

Any free room for a new player?

Chas, have you ever connected to a EU2 MP game?

If not it's probably a good idea to do a test before the first session to check if there are no problems like router, firewall, version or other things. Contact me or one of the other regulars for a test connection.

Daniel, the same applies for you.

Hmm, a venice :rolleyes:

Ironfoundersson said:
Chas, have you ever connected to a EU2 MP game?

I did a trial connection with Enigma yesterday - we only started the game and ran a few days, but apparently that's enough

So it's 1.08 + Sep beta. Peters AgeofExplorations v111a. Is it going to be the 1492 start? What's the virtue of the 1520 start?

We use the Peter Ebbesen 1492 scenario at start to give the colonizers more options about where to place their colonies. To answer the Venice question, it totally depends on how many players we want to have. The current number of 11 is already quite high; not to mention we have Netherlands reserved (which makes me remember, you could play NL if we choose to force-spawn them).

I've tried PE 1492 AoE as Austria in SP and figured out one thing. Maybe you'd know what is that. I was in war with Venice and couldn't attack Veneto, as if it were neutral country's province or TI. I could only move to and siege other Venetian provinces. :wacko: