• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Van Engel said:
Btw in case you forgot, Russia has a NAP with Sweden ATM and is not atually in the war.

It is in the war - Mac was just voluntarily avoiding any combat with Sweden to honour the NAP. The same does not apply to Denmark and AI allies.

If Russia or Sweden or both are AI, they will fight one another, inevitably.

Chas said:
It is in the war - Mac was just voluntarily avoiding any combat with Sweden to honour the NAP. The same does not apply to Denmark and AI allies.

If Russia or Sweden or both are AI, they will fight one another, inevitably.
I can play!

And if only Russia is AI, there still would be a problem....

Seen said:
I can play!

And if only Russia is AI, there still would be a problem....

Chaingun thinks maybe the sub who would have played Sweden could play Russia. Else I can't see any other answer than a WP. Once we are in the channel and know how many players we have playing which countries, we can decide.

Heads up everyone, we play in 20 minutes.

EDIT: Seems we can get hold off quite a few random V-Net subs if we want, BUT that carries a great risk, even if we assign them to a country such as England.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the last session :)
i subbed spain Flame of Udûn, and in the last session spain;
-colonized some lands in the caribbean, south america and west africa, established 2 or 3 trading posts in filippines
-tried to assing majors in all of her cities, and gold effect on infation started to get weak and disappear
-converted many native american to the true faith, and took timbuktu from songhai
-concentrated on trade and send merchants to all over the world (though spanish merchants get completely kicked from central american trade by native merchants)
-(i am very sorry about this :( ) built three refineries in iberia and caribbean and an art center in madrid, but the art center and one refinery get unfunctional in the bankrupticy, now building another refinery in iberia (i hope it wont get destroyed too)
-lost romagna in the war versus france. and france also took marche and apulia from the kingdom of naples

i am really sorry about the destroyed manufactories, i was not very experianced with spain and didn't looked at the events of spain before the game, as i thought i would sub england or russia
i hope i did not cause you a lot of trouble with my subbing

Summary of last session as Russia

Summary for perm Russia
The situation in the beginning was rather weird in the beginning being in war with Sweden with a NAP at the same time.
So I helped Poland in destroying some Hanovrian armies and putting down rebels, doing separate peace some time later.
When NAP + truce were ended I sent an ultimatum to stop the war, Sweden then agreeing to only take Memel instaed of Danzig.

On the colonization front I colonized a bunch of Siberian territories, including 2 gold mines, being peaceful with central Asia countries as i didn't know if you wante to enlarge the corridor to Siberia.

My main effort in this session was to convert pagans and muslims, which has been moderatly successful (damn RNG) but should pay anyway with another wave I launched.
I slidered towards centralization and restoring Innovativeness towards 0 after new Bizance event.
Income is now somewhat stonger, and you're around same land techs than other Europeans.

Good continuation. :rolleyes:

Whee forum is back up. :)
Session was good, income shot up 30d :D, burnt down sweden's TP in indonesia and took 3 provinces from Vinjangar.

Again enjoyable session with lot of useful experience. At the beginning of session, Austria lost Brabant to Netherlands (due to defection), Luxemburg and Mainz declared independence. Saxony was pacified, Luxemburg and Mainz too short after. Kleves took Munster and later was vassalized. Helvetia grabbed Tirol. France used bad situation of Austria to its benefit and allied with Helvetia, which resulted in loss of Alsace to France. While DoWed every few months, Austria built non-inflation minting system, which enables it to mint and stay untouched by inflation at the same time.

Ottoman Empire escalates threats towards Austria (and Christianity itself) which may result in bloody wars in near future. If Western majors like France don't change their policy towards Austria (shadow alliances, which has been only helpful to Turks till now), they could soon find themselves in danger. Ottoman Empire is utterly underestimated as thread not only to Central and Eastern Europe, but to all Mediterranean.

Van Engel said:
Don't forget Portuguese India. :D :p
Let's shorten it: Ottoman Empire is leader country of axis of Evil :cool:

The Sultan believes the Holy Roman Emperor of Austria and Southern Germany misinterpreted the usefulness and aim of OE's offer. Truly, while the Sultan still will accept submission, a war leading to a conclusive peace will not be as lenient in terms of peace as those offered now. We wish that the HRE Emperor will realize this before it is too late.

About the 'global threat' of the Ottoman Empire: The only nations that shall considered themselves threatened in any way are Austria, Spain and Russia, of which the Sultan strives to resolve the conflicts peacefully where possible, but not he does not discount the use of violence as a method of obtaining an acceptable state of peace. No other nations have done anything to anger, or otherwise displease his holy majesty the Sultan. For these nations the Imperial council will do its best to comply to their wills wherever possible.

End of diplomacy.

------------------------------------------

A moderate session for the Ottoman Empire. While it was forced to keep quiet, it was very well necessary in order to get those mayors to start removing the high inflation which is now at 20%. I have learnt that I cannot trust random deflationary event to do the job, since I have got 0 this far into the game and I expect that to continue with my poor luck. Anyhow, my empire did reach infra 5 at the end and started mass-promoting governors, but little else was accomplished.

Bad things that happened included stability crushing random events for a total worth of -6 stab, which eventually would delay the infrastructure research by two to three years. Furthermore there were problems with having the newly conquered province of Steirmark accept the One True Faith, and already the fourth conversion is carried out, although at a ~75% probability to fail like the rest.

Austria admits Sultan's art of diplomacy. Still, if Sultan threatens Austria, he threatens Christianity too. And unless other European nations don't really believe in their God, it should be more than marginal matter for them.

Sultan's offer was more than worst insult to Austria and European Christian values. Austria will fight hard to save its faith and live freely, not under offered Turkish oppression.

The 11 year strugle of the axis of the willing, against the Beast of Inflation
nov1571.bmp
firstbigbattle.bmp

I am not going to point out what exactly happened, some minor pointers on why it dragged on so long. Strategy was simple, with a reasonable high quality army destroy his main force and destroy his country side so he cant pay for a new one, while mopping up surviving army.

feb1572.bmp
secondbattle1572.bmp

First mistake was that even though it was winter, we should have pushed on. Another was not of our faulth for some reason the first big battle AFTER that darn winter was lost :( The leader of the polish, which i didnt thought according to leader file to be ubber, WAS ubber. He kept winning even with a crt down on his side. Later on in the war things where better and did considerable losses (gimme the stats ;) ) to the polish while own losses where limited.
uselesshannover.bmp

Hannover is usefull too ... Sigh

december1578.bmp
scene78.bmp

In the last years i finally trapped that darn leader and he was killed. From that moment on things where going better, but the war had costed much, also for my dear trading ally who im gratefull for his assistence, and it was clear that Poland would keep up his inflation race to every winter build a new force. Only memel was gained, but imo Poland is economicly so hard struck, his downfall will commince thnx to this war in the decades to come and i will grin every second thnx to it :D

PS: warscore had a basis of +30, with at the end of the war with threatening russian invasion around +59, i only didnt occupy much thnx to darn medium fortresses and my darn low MP

Sidepoint: also porto after 10!! years or so tried to gain colony's by backstabbing the swedish. a very cowardly attempt which of course isnt even accepted by his own god, So he lost with a twice as bigger army Hard and gave up :D All fear the wrath of the northern Alliance :cool:

malacca.jpg

Van Engel said:
Whee forum is back up. :)
Session was good, income shot up 30d :D, burnt down sweden's TP in indonesia and took 3 provinces from Vinjangar.
Better give me compensation for that ! :D

Seen said:
Better give me compensation for that ! :D
Nah, I think losing 20k to 5k is fair enough. :wacko:

Oyeah we also need a Perm for NL, is Fredrik playing them? if not I'll ask around.

Last edited:
Van Engel said:
Nah, I think losing 20k to 5k is fair enough. :wacko:

Oyeah we also need a Perm for NL, is Fredrik playing them? if not I'll ask around.
Petter said Fredrik has not time for this on regular basis. Thus he may sub, but wont be perm.