• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To my understanding, HOI Platinum is patch 1.06(b,c?) plus CORE. The only clear purpose of its release is to allow people who didn't buy the original a second chance before the release of HOI2. If you already have a copy of the original then you don't need HOI Platinum. *If I'm wrong about any of this please correct me.*

AFAIK Platinum is just for people who don't own any HOI version.
For those poor souls the latest version is a messiah.

I don't think that any HOI user needs it.

Tha's right, if you already have HoI, you don't need Platinum, there's nothing in platinum that isn't available to original HoI users.

Original Gamer said:
Having trouble finding it and I live in a big city. WTF? Starting to annoy me, curious to know where you guys are buying it. I dont want to order it, I want it today. Thanks

HoI Platinum can be found at:

Amazon.com
EB Games
Fillpoint
Gamestop
Hastings Book, Music, Video
J&R Music World
Meijer
Micro Center
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Samples
Shopko
Visco Entertainment

Ask in the above stores for it. We're working on getting it into more accounts.

/F

Is that a 26 GHz AMD chip? I want one!!! :D

This type of question belongs in the Support Forum so perhaps Gzav can kindly split off your post and move it there :)

I have a question regarding the platinum edition. I have the first rendition of the game and got extremely turned off by it's ambiguity etc. etc. Would I be well off to purchase the platinum edition for the manual updates alone? If it's only $19.99 US, that's a drop in the bucket if I may enjoy the game more.

If it's just for the manual, i suggest you download TMP, it served as a base for the Platinum manual so you'll find everything you need there, and that way you don't need to shell out 20$.

HOI Platinum

Well,I'm getting HOI Platinum soon(a day or 2...),but I'm just curious about what patch HOI Platinum comes with,and if CORE is included.....I can hardly wait to finally get some form of HOI.....

I just got HoI:pE a week ago, and the box said it was "fully patched." I would asume that they patched it to the latest patch available at the time of publication. I just installed it out of the box, and everything seems to work fine, no bugs or weirdness so far.

Yes, C.O.R.E. comes with it. Now, if I just could figure out what's it all about... I started it with the icon the installer put on my desktop, but when I went to poke arround it had some weird buttons that said "unknow something-or-other." I take it you have to DL C.O.R.E. scenario files from somewhere, and add them to some HoI folder in order for C.O.R.E. to work.

Don't take that to the bank, though, as I'm very new to the whole deal.

no CORE should be included as THE GAME.

If you are getting errors when trying to play, you should report them in the SUPPORT area.

If you are finding faults with the game play then you should report them in the BUGs area.

DO NOT download the CORE scenario files they should be part of the installation you have.

The game should be patched up to 1.06c which is the latest version of the game.

CORE is a modification to the game that makes it somewhat more detailed.

Never heard C.O.R.E. described as 'somewhat more detailed' before :)

Bolter, could you please check exactly where you saw UNKNOWN STRING errors? There should not be any as far as I know.

As 2Coats said, the Platinum version of HoI is 1.06c. The C.O.R.E. version is v0.84 and I would recommend getting the v0.85 patch from the official website as this re-balances air units and fixes some known issues. Please note the special installation instructions for Platinum edition users.