• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess I have the same question.......

Hmm I WAS getting the impression that HOI Platinum was a combination of HOI and the CORE Mod. (plus a few other features?)

Is this the case?

We really need to know what are the extras in platinum.

(Website only says: The game features a new scenario, new events and an updated 88 page manual)

Thanks,
BlackHat

According to Paradox there's nothing in Platinum that isn't available for download to owners of the original release. AFAIK it's just HoI plus C.O.R.E.; the "new scenario" is the 1944 one added in 1.06. It's mainly for people who didn't buy the original which is no longer being produced.

jdrou said:
According to Paradox there's nothing in Platinum that isn't available for download to owners of the original release. AFAIK it's just HoI plus C.O.R.E.; the "new scenario" is the 1944 one added in 1.06. It's mainly for people who didn't buy the original which is no longer being produced.

Ahhh... To quote Pro_Council from another post.

"Platinum edition of the game which was just released and already has both the patch [1.06c?] and latest version of CORE in it

So it appears your correct. We already have what is in Platinum availible here.

Thanks,
BlackHat

The announcement says that it will be released in North America. But is Paradox planning to release it elsewhere like say Europe and Russia?

MRAKoris said:
The announcement says that it will be released in North America. But is Paradox planning to release it elsewhere like say Europe and Russia?
Dont think so but you can order it from paradox e-butik

Is that official? Hello? Anybody from Admins or Mods close to Johan? Pleeaaase.... :)

Fredrik II said:
HOI-P will be released in the US, UK, Australia and Russia.

/F

Thanks, Fredrik! Just in time!:)

Done diddly-done, although it's a well known fact that people don't read stickies (i know from experience :D)

gzav said:
Done diddly-done, although it's a well known fact that people don't read stickies (i know from experience :D)

yes true... but at least you will be able to post a link and close the thread from now on ;)

F

Closing, sure, but i'll have to think about the link part :D

Last edited by a moderator:
HoI Platinum Availability Issues - Slipping Dates

Got a question.

Platinum was supposed to be in US stores yesterday. I had to pre-order a copy at my local EBGames to insure they would get it. It has not arrived yet. Where it once was listed on EBGames, it is no longer there. Gamestop has pushed their availability date back from 9/21/04 to 9/27/04.

Does Paradox know what's going on with this?

I knew people didn't read stickies...even though it's right up there at the top of the screen just calling out to your eyes to look there...nope, nothing does it...

At least i'm in a good mood now, so i'll even take the trouble of merging this...

Btw, i'm guessing you meant shipping dates right? :D

gzav said:
I knew people didn't read stickies...even though it's right up there at the top of the screen just calling out to your eyes to look there...nope, nothing does it...

At least i'm in a good mood now, so i'll even take the trouble of merging this...

Btw, i'm guessing you meant shipping dates right? :D

I read the sticky (this thread). It did not have the answer to my topic. I felt I'd get a quicker, more accurate response if this were a seperate thread.

Shipping date was 9/21/04. EBGames and Gamestop both stated availability on 9/22/04. Amazon still states it's currently available. EBGames no longer lists it. Gamestop now says 9/27/04. I've already pre-ordered and paid for my copy of HoI:platinum through EBGames. They say they don't have it and don't know when it's due to arrive.