• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you thank you! :)

I'm pretty amazed at this, I never thought my AAR would actually get an award! :D Well for anyone who hasn't read Fields of Orange yet (and why not? :D), its a AAR about a englishman mistaken for being Dutch and being forced to turn the Netherlands into a large empire, ofcourse against his own will...

ATM, I'm "busy" (as I call it, some people call it mucking about) with a new AAR based on the MP game I'm playing atm. I need a bit of pushing to get off my lazy arse to do it, so all comments are welcome! Link in my Sig. :)

Well a few things about me;
I'm sure most of you have worked out by now I'm not dutch, but (as labalag said) an Englishman trapped in Holland. I moved here 2 years ago with my family at the young age of 13, making me now 15! :D I live with my younger brother and my parents in Eindhoven, in a nice house in the greener part of the city. My main hobbies are; lazing about, playing EU2 and going out to get hammered on saturdays.

*In true HollywAARD style, Van Engel gets up on stage waving his "trophy" about*

I want to thank my mom, my dad, my lil' brother, my older bro (for the drink! :D), Flamey and Loch Ness for making me write an update, my budding readers (well I'm sure someone reads my AARs) and ofcourse my mosby himself for nominating me for this award, thank you all! :D

Congrats to you (and to me, because after months today I eventually cought the "chain method" for the election of the WoW) :eek:

Congratulations on being the WritAAR of the week and wishes of continued success.

Yes, Van Engel. That is correct. And today as well. :)

coz1 said:
Yes, Van Engel. That is correct. And today as well. :)
In that case. :)

I anounce...

*Drum Roll*

...Hastu Neon as WoW. :D
I chose him because of his AAR - Tower of Belem, which he is currently writting, which I am enjoying and inspired me to write an AAR about my latest MP game as Portugal.

Congrats Hastu!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, sir!

WoW (exclamation!). Thanks to Van Engel and to all the zealous readAArs on this fora! As a long-standing member of the category, I must say I've been reading real masterpieces here, and now … [sigh – happiness tears] for one week … my Portuguese AAR … [sigh] is in that electronic Paradise! I admit: probably the best reason explaining the award is the pleasure the AGCEEP campaign is giving me and I recommend you – if it were necessary – to give this fantastic mod a shot. And Portugal, which is a country I visited and love IRL, is simply fantastic to play.

Some words about me… my name is Francesco Moro (HastuNeon is a fantasy name, it's the ancient name of my birthplace, Ostuni – see location, old town, coat of arms, sea). But unfortunately (did you see the sea? ;)), I live in Milan and work in an investment bank (in two words, my job consists in financial advisory to distressed companies). I'm 29 years old and live since few weeks ago with my adored girlfriend Manuela. Any particular notes? Sports: swimming, cycling and ski. Hobbies: Paradox games, movies, history (Middle Ages and in particular Normans' and Emperor Federico II's kingdoms in Southern Italy, I'm indeed a proud descendant of them!). Political/social ideas: Catholic background, developed in a strange leftish libertarian and liberal (but not liberist) social-democratic spirit.

Next AAR projects: after a pause, I'm considering the possibility to write an "trilogue" CK-EU2-Vicky about a specific area and it won't be neither historical (differently from my previous ones) nor novelist. Wait and see... Back to the AAR, another post will follow soon: read it, comment it and enjoy it!

Francesco/Hastu Neon

Last edited:
Congratulations, Hastu Neon!

Best wishes in your writing, Sir. What is it you like most about AGCEEP? For that long-from-now day when I finally finish my first Vicky AAR and may try my hand at EUII? :D

Rensslaer