• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Way to go Alexus. I just started reading this and love it already. Here - have a cigar. ;)

Here's a link to the start of his AAR (Duke - you had it going to page three.) Well worth the read!

Congrats Alexus! :D

GBIT said:
Coz, assimilate or die!
Hmm...seems I have assimilated more than you with a few posts in the man's AAR already. ;) But have a cigar anyway. :D

Congratulations. Tell step up to the podium and tell us a little about yourself!

Thanks everyone :)

Say a bit about myself? Well, I came to this forum because a friend told me it was a useful source for info and stuff. I saw the 'After Action Reports' link and thought "Hm. Is that what I think it is?" it was, a load of stories or accounts of what had happened in people's games. I wanted to do one, but first I read a lot of oher AARs to get a feel of the genre. The first I read was World at War - Germany 1936 and I moved on to the Crown of Europe and Revival of the Kingdom of Hungary.

So, armed with knowledge I set out to find a country to write about. Duke of Wellington himself suggested New Zealand and I pursued that (Just to let anyone who's reading know, postponed does not mean cancelled :D ) but when I reached an impasse I thought I'd go for Guatemala because they have claims on their neighbour and I could use words like "Bandito) and "Burrito" (I'll work them in, don't worry) So that's going strong and I'm happy with the reaction I've been getting :D

Hm, I didn't meant to ramble :eek:o I'd like to thank Duke of Wellington for nominating me and I'd like to thank all my loyal readers - even the non-posting ones - for reading my AAR.

For those interested in becoming WritAAR of the week, I take bribes in the form of having my copy of Doomsday fixed ;)

Congratulations, Alexus! :)

Congrats Alexus!

Alexus said:
For those interested in becoming WritAAR of the week, I take bribes in the form of having my copy of Doomsday fixed ;)
Herm, fixed? Think, think, think... No, I don't see. Too bad. :(

:rofl:

Congrats Alexus! Given the amount of AARs Duke reads, the choice ought to be meaningful!
02.gif

Alexus said:

What is wrong with it?

And congrats :cool:

Congrats Alexus. As Froggy said, if you get the awAARd from Duke of Wellington you know the AAR is among the greatest.

Thanks everyone :D

I've been thinking of who to nominate... so you;d better all be good ;)

Sorry, the forums were down. Now that I can access them again I hereby proclaim El Pip the WritAAR of the week for his excellent work with the Butterfly Effect and For King Haakon and the Fjords! :D

Congrats, El Pip! I hear good things of your work.