• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I wasn’t here to congratulate last week’s winner I will say congratulations to jwolf first, and then I want to say congratulations and well done to this week’s winner stnylan
Great work both of you :)

Congratulations Stynlan on your second win!

JWolf! I swear I had meant to say something to congratulate you... and thought I had! But I didn't... So congratulations! :D

And a great choice for successor, too! I am on record all over pointing excitedly to Stnylan's wonderfully cinematic story of France and Spain. His other work is to be commended, too! And read, if you have the chance! :D

Congratulations, Stnylan! Vastly deserved!

Rensslaer

Congrats, Stnylan! I will simply echo everyone else, for they have all spoken the truth!

Very well deserved choice. Congrats, stnylan

There are too many threads to read and I keep missing important ones such as this. Way to go stnylan! Well deserved.

Joe

Many thanks kind people, and especially jwolf for ensuring that I started this week with a much-needed smile!

anyway, time to dust off my biography. Like many (most? all?) the people on these forums history is one of my passions, and has been since I watched Michael Wood's series In Search of the Trojan War when I was six. I've wanted to write since I was about eight or nine, or more precisely when I started to read Lord of the Rings. I used to be entirely wrapped up in ancient history, though in the last ten years or so have spread my wings to other areas too. My favourite book (other than LotR) is Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, my favourite current author is Guy Gavriel Kay, and my second favourite is C J Cherryh. My favourite historian is probably Simon Schama for Citizens, though an old professor of mind, Robert Bartlett, is probably my favourite in the acedmic sense. I live in Taunton, the county town of Somerset, in South-West England. I was born on the far north coast of Scotland (twenty miles or so west of John o'Groats. I went to university in St Andrews. For my sins I am working for the NHS. One day (even if it is only in retirement) I hope to relocate approximately 4000 miles westard, and southward - if only so the baseball is easier to watch. I've been a participant in the AAR forums since late 2002, albeit with I think now three long-ish periods of absence, and the friendliness and welcoming atmosphere of these forums is something to be cherished.

I have an excuse for not seeing this. No, really! A good excuse!

What is it?

You've met my cat, right? 25 punds of long black hair with the disposition of a grumpy rhino? Yeah, him.

The weather's been a little cool this week, so the Macropus (real name MacHeath, AKA Mac the Knife) has been sleeping indoors.

On my bed.

And shaking me awake about every two hours...

So I've been dead on my feet, and I missed your well-deserved recognition, and - really! - that's the truth! :D

Ah, congrats Stnylan! What could I add that I haven't already written in your AAR? Don't know, but I'll add it there if I find out. :p

Congratulations, sir! Finally caught up on 'In memory of France' today (which could easily be called 'Questions, questions and more questions' or 'Wheels within wheels within wheels') and even though I keep waiting for the vital clues that will definitely connect the 'past' and 'present' storylines, it is a great read. That goes for both your command of language as well as the story itself. Highly entertaining spy shenanigans galore!

Well, time to nominate a new WritAAR of the Week, which for me was a good excuse to get out and read some more AARs. Where I discovered Make the world democratic - a UK 41 AAR. The author is a fine fellow called pjrap, and I commend him to you.

I'll have to take the chance and look at your work, pjrap. Congrats on the WoW award! Now step on up to the podium and tell us about yourself! :D

Congratulations prjap!

Lol thanks to all. And i was writting that AAR just for fun:) now i gues i will have to go and correct all the spelling mistakes i have made in my AAR and make the sentences more English :rofl: because people are reading it :D