• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, folks, I hate to say it, but the cat's got my tongue. I don't do very well at this "accepting accolades and awards" stuff. It's been almost a week, and I'm just now deciding that I better write something in response so I can at least acknowledge everyone's praise, even if I don't have anything good to actually reply with it.

Thanks. I do appreciate it, even if I have to sometimes take a lengthy hiatus from these halls. The fact that people are as friendly as ever around here might be one reason I keep coming back.

Though, I wonder, what will happen when I finally do finish Noble Lives? And, even more scary, what will happen when I have to nominate the next writAAR of the week in the next few days?

You'll be hated by everyone who hasn't/didn't get it yet. :nods:

Congrats, Master!

Renss

Is it time for me to nominate a writAAR? I think so...

It was a hard choice, especially since someone I wanted to nominate who's never been nominated before would probably lynch me for doing so. Thus, I have settled on one of my old favorites who is also an old favorite of the community (though not because he's old).

Storey

[applause]

He is currently telling his ongoing tale of backstabbing and other strangeness, but I would direct readers to some of his previous work.

Who Killed Cologne? Film Noir Muder Mystery Fun

A Tall Tale on a Cold Night A Framed Tale involving magic, strange folks, and a frozen landscape

Check them out.

A big congrats, Storey. Joe is arguably the most creative of the AAR writers. The kudos are well deserved.

BTW, SM, he is old. :)

It's him again! :) I don't know if Storey has won these accolades before, or if I'm just confusing it with one of the many other honors bestowed on him. Regardless, Storey's continued presence as recipient in threads like these is enough proof of his writing ability. He has a remarkably diverse output, but they share the common thread of being very (very) entertaining.

Congratulations, Storey. Looking forward to all your future writings, whether they be game posts, story posts or the long rambles through OT that you call "feedback". :D

Congratulations.

Perpetually deserving?

Congratulations

Storey! Congratulations, Sir!

Elements of the Brewster Sisters AND Sidney Greenstreet?? THIS I MUST GO SEE!!!

Must be seen to be believed, no doubt! ;)

Rensslaer

Last edited:
Well thank you SM. I have to admit to a feeling of guilt about this. You see I’m a prime example of the theory that if you sit the average chimpanzee down in front of keyboard and give him enough time he will eventually bang out something worth reading. Of course I do have some advantages over the average chimpanzee. I’m better looking according to ‘she who will not be denied’ (my wife). Although there are a few chimps out there that could give me a run for my money. I also make fewer spelling mistakes. (Thank god for MS spellchecker)
All in all I would like to thank those who have taken the time to read my convoluted machinations of tales both good and bad, true and false and above all, hopefully, entertaining. :)

Joe

Congrats Joe, even if you are only slightly better looking than a chimp. ;) I promise to get around to catching up with your tale soon (along with a million others.) But the honor is certainly well deserved!

Well Joe, there is one other advantage you have over the standard chimp, your ... hmm ... chronological advantage? ;)

It is time to pass on the baton of the writer of the week to someone who I have just been reading for the first time. He has just started another AAR in the EU II forum that everyone should check out.

Congratulations...

Elias Tarfarius. :cool:

Congratulations, Elias!

Rensslaer

Some day I will get around to reading your latest, Elias. But from your past work I know this is an honor well deserved! Congrats!

Thanks everybody. Didn't expect this award, but it give me encouragement to keep on writing and writing well for such an aprreciative audience (despite my lack of proofreading most of the time ;) ) Thanks again!

ET