• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The rule! The rule has been broken!

CatKnight said:
1. An AAR is chosen. Simple enough.
a. Please add a comment or two about the AAR, such as what game it's for, time frame and so forth. A link is always helpful.
b. If possible, try not to select an AAR whose writer was recently acclaimed in 'WritAAR of the Week.' If the two awards parrot each other it defeats the purpose.

c. If possible, try to select an AAR from a different game than the one your AAR was in. That'll keep the Showcase from falling into a rut.

(Emphasis mine)

As you can see, Seidita has been awarded both WritAAR and Weekly Showcase in the same week. :eek:

Of course, his AAR does deserve the honour. Congratulations, again, Seidita!

Well, it was bound to happen eventually as long as both are given out on the same day. I think one should be given out on Saturday and the other on Sunday - makes no difference to me which one that is.

Plus, as Amric mentioned, we had the added pleasure of a down forum yesterday which pretty much stuck things on today. At least we know next week will be two different winners, right Seidita? Of course, that means mega-reading for you, doesn't it? ;)

Edit - and remember all - this is honoring the writAAR himself moreso than his specific current work. Yes, it should be a timely reward, but it's the writing skill itself being honored more than simply the AAR.

thank you for all of your kind words, i will have my work cut out for me picking one (scratch that) two above all the rest.

a little bit about myself

My real name is Thomas Seidita a highschool student, in Mechanicsville Va, USA who spends much of his waking hours at school, ROTC, or here at the forums. Luckily for myself i quit my job some six months ago and am fighting to stay unemployed for as long as possible.

I'm currently applying for colleges for the class of 2010; my first choice would be USMA at West Point and second Virginia Military Institute. This is a large reason i don't update as much as i would like seeing as i have recieved numerous nomination paperwork. This is of course an excuse seeing as i am terribly lazy and well likely remain so until my dieing day.

As for writing, i never really wrote (outside of school) for a long period of my life until I somehow (i don't remember) found EU2 and these forums. My first AAR was World Conquest for Dummies. I soon wrote my own AAR about Switzerland (which i don't encourage anyone to look up). It was a fun game but a rather bad story.

Well I feel like I've said enough about myself and someone has left the door open allowing a wasp to invade my room so I ought to wrap this up.

*picks up a combat boot*

Apologies for not posting the new WoW and Weekly Showcase earlier but from the look of things i was not the only one with forum problems. Anyway I have decided to give the WoW to TekcoR; his Chiarire le Intenzioni is a very good read, and i'm sure we can expect more good reads from this writAAR!

Congrats. :)

Congrats, TekcoR!

Congratulations. Keep up the good work.

Schnack's face was red, not with excitement but anger towards the one who had found out. A problem with no real solution, for this problem was the future. How could of this of happened? Only one man would know...the accused.

With the accused lies the problem, the accused as the relative of Andersen...

------
First of all, thanks for this honor, or as Schnack would put it, disappointment. Thanks to everybody who has read my AARs, from my first one in Hearts of Iron 1, Victoria and now Hearts of Iron 2.

Second of all, thanks Allensby for informing me. I was too busy modding to really even check Paradox's forums.

So, let's begin. I am originally from Omaha, Nebraska. My name is Jeremiah Philip Andersen, or Philip for short. I moved to Manhattan...

...Kansas, for college 3 years ago. I'm still living in Manhattan, Kansas, because well quite frankly things have changed - for the better. On February 28th, 2005, my then-fiance (Rachel Schnack) gave birth to our son, Jason. On April 2nd, we got hitched / married.

I've always enjoyed writing, even if the ideas that come through your head are not the best. I believe from all your experinces there is a lesson to be learned. I began writing for fun in the 7th grade with the basic idea of a story entitled: "Human Dreams".

Over the years, espically junior and senior year of High School, "Human Dreams" evolved. Now, what was once a planned one book has turned into a planned 5 book series. Then I discovered Paradox's forums, and my imagination went wild.

At first I was hesistant to even mention my writings, or incorporate them into any of my AARs. But with "Clear Intentions", my HoI2 Italian AAR, I was willing to take that risk.

What I have done, in the AAR and my novel writings, I've incorporated real life characters. Examples:

Jordan Schnack is based off my wife's brother.
Jason Andersen shares the name of my troublemaker, err son.
Philip Andersen, shares the name of myself.

Almost all the characters in the AAR, and novels, are based off real people.

Once again, thanks everybody. Hopefully this weekend I can successfully choose the person...if Paradox's forums are up.

New Writer of the Week

From the award winning "Chiarire le Intenzioni" comes the super villian Jordan Schnack to introduce the next writer of the week. Schnack walked to the podium, all the other famous characters and after action report authors watching him.

"And the winner for this week's 'Writer of the Week' is..." Schnack opened the the envelope ever so slowly. After what seemed like minutes, Schnack pulled the piece of paper from the envelope.

"...Bsressler for "To Whatever End" and "To Whatever End II".

Bsressler rose from his seat, the long walk to the stage had just begun.

Congrats Bsressler!