• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Fiftypence. Long time coming for that third one...two in 2005 and then a long four year break. :eek: That is criminal. I'm so glad you are still around these parts and offering us your stories. Keep it up!

Congratulations!

Congrats Fiftypence!

Ah yes, a very unique story. Although I can't make heads or tails of it, it is very obvious that Fiftypence knows exactly what he is doing. Assuming that the work so far is an accurate predictor of things to come, I think using 'tour de force' is not inaccurate.

Congratulations. :)

Okay I know everyone says it, but I am genuinely surprised. Thanks, Capibara. This is probably a nudge I need to get around to reading more AARs, as I have been slacking in that department recently.

So, a few words about The Lost Century. The origins of this story lie back as far as early 2006, which is when I first conceived the idea of doing a Haiti AAR. The original title was “A Pebble in the Ocean,” and the first scene was going to be broadly similar to what ended up as part 10 of The Lost Century (but without the dada poem). The main premise is that a hundred years of Haitian history have somehow gone missing, and gradually a picture will build up of that time period based on what’s happening in the present day. Essentially it’s a puzzle, but probably one with several pieces missing.

As for what Stuyvesant said about me knowing what I'm doing…kind of. I have a basic outline of how I want it to proceed, and I know exactly how it is going to end (it involves a really bad joke that most people probably won’t get, which I think will sum up the AAR nicely :D). I also know there will be exactly 81 updates, so there’s some way to go yet. But then again, the story seems to be going in strange directions I never intended, so whether I can keep it to 81 updates remains to be seen.

The main thing to bear in mind is that it is at heart, a comedy AAR. It has all the elements of a classic comedy AAR, just in narrative format. It’s supposed to be funny. Oh, and there is a game behind it, but I deliberately didn’t take any notes or screenshots.

Thanks for all the congrats. :)

Congrats Fiftypence!

Thanks for the congrats. Time to hand this over. Thus, the next WoW is Volksmarschall, for his AAR Saints and Angels. I also noticed that this is Volksmarschall's first WoW, so congrats. :)

Congratulations Volksy... soon as summer comes I'll be catching up with Saints and Angels. Have always promised myself that!

I am surprised this is the first. I could have sworn you'd won one before. 'Bout time, to be sure! Congratulations. :)

Congrats!