• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done, Canonized. I've skimmed through your AAR, and while it's not like actually reading it, I still can tell it's indeed rather original. Well done!

Nil-The-Frogg said:
Well done, Canonized. I've skimmed through your AAR, and while it's not like actually reading it

:p Go ahead and take an afternoon. Now's a good time to pick up the story.

And canonized, nah, it's really mostly an award for the fine work you're doing! :D
j.

Llywelyn said:
:p Go ahead and take an afternoon. Now's a good time to pick up the story.
Sorry sir, already busy writing mine and readin' the outstanding "Into the West"... Can't read everythin' around, unfortunately, not to mention "real" books. :p

It's Sunday and so it's time for me to hand off the torch ! First off , I wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments especially those who have recently went through my work and have let me know about it with a hello on the thread . You all as well as all the readers who have kept up thus far are very much appreciated ! Thank you all !

I wanted to give a special thank you to thrashing mad who gave me this wonderful week to celebrate and encourage my writing . Thrashing mad , you will always be a friend to us at Timelines and your AAR stands as one of the best I've ever seen not just in its amazing manipulation of movies and graphics but also by your compelling storytelling , non-linear realistic approach to history and your intriguing sense of loyalty to your homeland . If you had not been the one to give me this award , you would have certainly been among the first picked . You truly deserved this award far sooner than it was given !

Also wanted to give my usual nod to Coz and to all those who keep and maintain this thread . Without you guys this wonderful showcase of authors might not be so successful , encouraging , and positive for the community . Thank you very much and I am most humble to be part of this !

As for searching for a new successor , like I said before I had so wished that I could give the honour to Mr. Grayghost again whose work has only ripened in its excitement since the first time this award passed to him . However , in keeping with my intentions when I named him before , I will be naming someone who similarly has not yet received the award and thus will be inducted amongst the list of the honoured . The search for the next WoW was an exhaustive one . As some of you out there might know I asked many of you questions about your suggestions and I have indeed looked over several AARs for it . Also , ever since I started my You've Been Canonized interview segment on my AAR I've had the pleasure of sampling many AARs both by new authors such as thrashing mad and RGB to older authors such as stnylan and Rensslaer so it's been quite the week thinking of who would get it next .

However , there was one who had not yet won this award that is nonetheless celebrated . He's a bit silly sometimes and I wish he'd stop by my AAR more often (after all he does spam a lot of other threads , why can't he spam mine on his quest to 3000 posts !) . He recently became a field marshal and is on the fast track to his dream of a custom avatar .

This week's WritAAR of the Week is none other than rcduggan .

Mr. Duggan is the author of two current AARs : Kathmandu Can Do: A Nepal AAR and The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle .

Mr. Duggan has also been Fan of the Week twice , his Nepal AAR has been awarded last quarter as Favourite HOI1/2 AAR and Favourite Narrative AAR HOI1/2 , and I was honoured to have canonized him on 4/21/07 .

Even with all these accolades , the excellence of rcduggan's work speaks for itself . In keeping with the tradition of WoW being awarded not just for a single AAR but for the writer's entire work , it is plain to see that mr. duggan has shown us his flexibility and finesse as an author . His Nepal AAR is a testament to a narrative AAR that mixes palace intrigue and international politics with the intense and complicated nature of humanity itself . In his main character Tribhuvana we realize a human being who is not simply guided by the precepts of war and politics but is a troubled murderer , torturer , visionary , victim , and savior packed into a tightly woven fabric of mortality , surrealism , and eastern philosophy . Mr. Duggan's work , at first , seemed like an innocent gameplay AAR lulling the reader into a sense of the mundane when in fact he is suddenly accosted like the foreign boy in the early chapters and taken in and engulfed by the story itself . Expertly done in its twists and turns while maintaining a realistic projection of reality , Kathmandu Can Do has earned its writer a platform by which to receive this accolade .

Added to this is Mr. Duggan's Teutonic Order AAR which shows us that he is not someone confined to a single style of writing but can hold his own in the field of historical storytelling and map making . With these considerations in mind it is with great pleasure that I offer rcduggan this award . As a fellow (although honourary) Warlord , I am proud to be associated with him , but also just as a casual friend and fellow author , it has been and will continue to be a great pleasure , mr. duggan .

Once again , Congratulations . And remember : "I FEAR NO ENEMY FOR THE KHALA IS MY STRENGTH . I FEAR NOT DEATH FOR OUR STRENGTH IS ETERNAL !" (okay so I just *had* to put that somewhere)

Last edited:
Thank you canonized! :D..... now I have a week to decide my successor. I won't chose either of the top two that come to mind (guess who.... ;))

But I'll have to think hard on this. :D

EDIT: and wow, Myth, you're almost to 3k! :eek: lucky! :D

Congrats rcduggan.

MagisterMundi said:
Congrats. I've been meaning to read your AARs for some time... now maybe I actually will. :)
yes! do it do it! :D

Congratulations on your award rcduggan :)

wEEL Done.

canonized said:
I FEAR NO ENEMY FOR THE KHALA IS MY STRENGTH . I FEAR NOT DEATH FOR OUR STRENGTH IS ETERNAL

thanks again canonized, but now a dumb question:

what is that quote from?

Quote?

It's from a Warhammer 40K ripoff that made it big in multiplayer gaming.

Congrats RCDuggan! Good for you, you deserve that award.

I offer a big congratulations to the winners picked during my absence.

Congratulations canonized and rcduggan :)

thanks again. but crud, I just realized I have to pick a successor :eek: sorry... I'll have it by tomorrow.

Cheers!! Our elder has been recognized! :D