• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be impossible to be a writAAR without this community and the readers themselves. While it's tons of fun to plot out a story in my head (which I did long before I knew about these forums), it's even better to share. I'm just lucky that people read what I write and even luckier than they stick around to see what I write next. :)

So thank you, y'all.

Congrats phargle, a very nice award indeed.

phargle said:
It would be impossible to be a writAAR without this community and the readers themselves. While it's tons of fun to plot out a story in my head (which I did long before I knew about these forums), it's even better to share. I'm just lucky that people read what I write and even luckier than they stick around to see what I write next. :)

So thank you, y'all.

well said, congratulations again!

Congratulations phargle, well done :)

Congratulations Phargle, you are one of my favorite writers. :)

Good job Phargle I reall enjoyed your Knytling AAR.

angryclown for WritAAR of the Week

I guess my week is up. Thanks for picking me! Thanks for everyone who has read my AAR and thanks to the new readers who may have come by for the first time. It's been a wild ride, especially this past week, and it's far from over.

Now that it's time to pick a new WritAAR of the week, I have an embarassing confession to make - I don't read a lot of other AARs. I browse the ones in the Crusader Kings forum and occasionally waste an entire day at work reading something cool in the HoI2 section. I managed to wipe out a lot of time on a Hungarian AAR and more time on the Resistance Might Be Futile ones. . . but my first love is Crusader Kings, and I don't always have time to read much there either.

There was a Crusader Kings WritAAR that I really wanted to pick, but it didn't seem right to just look at the forum area that I read the most. So I went out of my way to read the other sections with the intention of picking an AAR that was not a Crusader Kings AAR. I focused on writers whose names I recognized, because that meant they had posted in areas other than just their own. After some thought, I settled on an AAR that I liked. Then I noticed that the writer had just been WritAAR of the Week a month or so ago! It was Alexus and his hilariously-titled musical. Great AAR, but he just got the award. Problem solved, I figured. I'm picking the Crusader Kings guy.

When it comes to AARs, I like lots of pretty screenshots, very little dialogue, detailed portrayed in a way that is rich but uses few words, and a sense of roleplaying. Therefore, my choice for WritAAR of the week is angryclown. I always enjoy reading Lubeck: Against the Tide.

Congratulations, angryclown!

Very many congratulations angryclown.

Nice choice. Congrats angryclown or should I say IT.....