• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bravo Exterous! :)

Congratulations, von Uber (belatedly)!

And Congratulations Exterious!

Rensslaer

Sweet! Thanks all for the nice words and congradulations

A special thanks to all the readers and posters. Its really the responses that keeps my AARs going and makes me feel loved ;)

Last edited:
My appoligies for the tardiness of this nomination (stupid home computer dying) however, I think there is a particular individual who has shown particular skill and foresight with his screenshots and narration. It is an excellent AAR that I have enjoyed since the begining. That individual is John Young and the AAR is Nihon Kaizo Hoan Taiko! (A Plan for the Re-organization of Japan). I strongly recommend that people check it out. It is also his first nomination

Last edited:
Well done Jon Young, congratulations :)

Fresh from his other award...

Isn't this something like having a birthday on Dec 28th?

But very well deserved! As I mentioned in the other thread, I've become a big fan of this AAR and this author!

Very well written story of Japan, with attention to realism and exceptionally well illustrated with graphics!

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:

:( I hope not, just thought it was currently the best choice although there are alot of good AARs out there

Rensslaer said:

But very well deserved! As I mentioned in the other thread, I've become a big fan of this AAR and this author!

Very well written story of Japan, with attention to realism and exceptionally well illustrated with graphics!

Rensslaer

I think you've made a couple of very pertinent points here, Rensslaer:

1) These awards should encourage as many writaars as possible (and especially across the different games) - I'm really grateful to Exterous :D
but perhaps its not best for one person to win two awards in a row...

2) Especially writaar of the week. I'm really glad people are enjoying my AAR, and I love writing, but there's not enough text in there at the moment to really justify this prize. Maybe someday, after I've practised a bit more :p
The writaar of the week shouldn't be about cut&pasting! ;)

So... I'd like to use this situation to point out some really well-written AAR's I've been enjoying recently over on the Crusader Kings forum!

The Lost Kingdom: A tale of treachery and intrigue by Singleton Mosby,

The New Jerusalem: Moskva 1337 by Paranoid Tsar

and The Duchy of Pskov: 1066 - by kingmbutu

are three stand-out, narrative AARs which really show off the possibilities of CK (and Phargle's Knud Knytling saga, though now apparently sadly ended, made me laugh so hard I nearly fell off my chair. For a week.)

I'd like to 'bounce' the nomination, if that can be agreed, to one of the above?

Jon, I'd keep it were I you. Simply enjoy yet another week in the spotlight and then when the time comes for you to pick a successor (next Sunday) you can reward one of those gents, or someone else that you may have discovered in the coming week.

I appreciate your humility in the matter, but as you suggested, it should be about encouraging new writers and hopefully this is encouraging to you. That is our hope. :)

Congrats on the recognition!

Many congratulations!