• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
coz1 said:
By the way - can you photoshop "WoW" on those statues rather than "EDA"? I'd love to place that image in the first post of this thread, but sadly lack the skills to do it myself. Great stuff...as usual.

If you like it I will 'Shop' a nice WOW pic for you:) (and if OV agrees pf course:))

OV, nice speech, and thanks for the beer but I don't drink beer, is there any vodka around?

Singleton Mosby said:
If you like it I will 'Shop' a nice WOW pic for you:) (and if OV agrees pf course:))

OV, nice speech, and thanks for the beer but I don't drink beer, is there any vodka around?
I wholeheartfully agree on this SM, make us a fine WoW awAARd.

I got some vodka, thats not a problem. But free vodka for all would cost a lot of money, hence the choice for beer.

coz1, i changed the picture but as you can see Singleton will make us a nice picture so that is in good hands. Didnt know that stnylan was delved under work, but we will soon see him around then during the H-days.

Great speach, OV!
I, unlike Singleton, do drink beer. So where can I collect this free beer? :)

Well, I assume stnylan will be back, but I can't make any promises. I sure hope he returns when RL lightens up on him, but I know he's been under the gun for a while.

And thanks for changing the picture. I'll use that unless Singleton Mosby wants to do us up a really neato graphic. I bet CatKnight wouldn't mind one for Showcase too, if you have the chance. :D

coz1 said:
And thanks for changing the picture. I'll use that unless Singleton Mosby wants to do us up a really neato graphic. I bet CatKnight wouldn't mind one for Showcase too, if you have the chance. :D

I will see if I can find some time tomorrow. Updated both of my AARs so whom knows:)

Coz, what about this, it could use some fancy text in the lower half but I could not think up something elabaroate, over the top stuff:

wow.jpg

:D The showcase would definitely be interested in an award if you can find the time, SM!

Congrats Oranje! This is really well deserved. I've seen your efforts both on the boards and here in the main forum. Great going!

* looking for this mysterious free beer *

Well done!

Congratulations Oranje V. on your WoW award. Though I am into other things and rarely visit these boards anymore, when I browse over the talent and ideas each visit, I am amazed and glad this place thrives as much as it ever has. Great job Oranje, I will make it a point to read some of your writings to truly honor your work.

*sneaks in a wave to Bruce ((b))*

Or um... .watch it rather :) Neat concept using video there Oranje. Wish I could do that kind of stuff, hell I have a hard enough time writing :D

Happy Holidays everyone!

Singleton Mosby said:
Coz, what about this, it could use some fancy text in the lower half but I could not think up something elabaroate, over the top stuff:

wow.jpg
That's really nice, SM. I might suggest a bit big though for the first post. What I was hoping for was something that looked good but still small enough for people to still see text below. I suppose it could just be sized down, but I wonder if it would still be readable (especially the nifty little quill on the left - nice effect, btw.)

Warspite said:
*sneaks in a wave to Bruce ((b))*
*Sneaks back a wave* Glad you're posting, old friend. Hope things are well with you.

Singleton, amazing work on the trophy. Very, very nice.

Not that I would dream of nitpicking, criticising, or in any possible way casting doubt on the true excellence of the trophy... [/disclaimer]

... but "this week's nominee" is possessive, and "week's" therefore takes an apostrophe.

Congratulations Oranje, a most deserving award for one so talented.
Lovely picture Singleton, pure class. :)

The Writer of the Week

It is about that time to announce the next week's winner. After much thought and reading all different kinds of AARs, I have finally made the final decision. Many writers in the AAR forum deserve an award for their work, but I can only give away one award. I have selected the winner not only for his excellent writing skills and talent, but also in his iniatitive he has shown on several projects and as a wonderful member of the AAR community. Without further ado, the Writer of this week is...

VILenin

Check out his Austria-Hungary epos in Caught in the Vice: Austria-Hungary in WWI

Check out his comedic talent in The Long Winter: Russia in the Modern Day

Congrats, VILenin! An honor truly deserved!