• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First, many, many, many thanks to InvisibleSandwi for his kind words, and for giving me this award.

Second, many thanks to Avindian, DensleyBlair, GreatUberGeek, and Dead William for their congratulations.

Now, in regards to my nomination...

One thing I appreciate are first time AAR writers who do a good job in their first entry. I know how it can feel awkward to try to make a good impression, and it can feel daunting, especially if you feel like no one is really interacting with what you have. As such, I try to support first timers who are putting effort into their work. With that being said, I'd like to award this week to MattSR30, for his AAR The Dragon Kings. It's a Crusader Kings II AAR, using the Game of Thrones mod. It's a great mod (I hope to do an AAR of it someday), and gives great potential to really explain and examine the characteristics found in the various personalities in a way which no other game than CK2 can. While AAR rules grant writers some leeway in "staying in character," obviously a canon as rich as that which George RR Martin created forces a writer to try to be as accurate as possible, and MattSR30 does a good job of staying in character with the book characters. I highly recommend checking it out.

Side note: Technically MattSR30 tried another AAR before this, but he had to cancel it, and tried with this one. I consider this his "official" first AAR :D

Woohoo! Thanks to Henry for the nomination.

As he mentioned, I am very new to this. I only got CK2 back in May and it's my first Paradox game ever. I've put about 150 hours into the game, 150 of which have been in the AGoT mod, (I'll play vanilla one day, honestly), and I absolutely love it so far. I only joined the forum just over a week ago, so I think that gives me the greatest weeks-active-to-awards-won ratio in the history of the forum. :rofl:

Anywho, I joined because I've always wanted to write something and never pushed myself to do it. Some really shitty personal issue happened the day I joined the forums and I decided to write an AAR to help drown it out for a bit. Needless to say the feedback/welcome/response has been awesome and now with an award to boot, I think I'm beginning to like this little corner of the internet you guys have built here. :)

Thanks again for the nomination Henry and thanks to those who have/will leave kind comments, it's awesome to here at least one person in the world likes what I'm writing. Looking forward to reading a bunch over the next week to pick next weeks winner!

P.S. <Insert shameless self plug here> Go check out The Dragon Kings if you haven't already! ;)

Congratulations MattSR30! It's been a pleasure reading both your AARs so far! :)

Congrats, MattSR30!

First of all, thank you all for the congratulations, and thank you again to Henry v. Keiper for the nomination.

This week, I'll be giving the award to cosmeIII, for his excellent The Lone Wolf AAR. It is another AGoT Mod AAR, but from the perspective of Jon Snow, or rather, Jon Stark. I'm still relatively new to CKII, and entirely new to the world of AARs, but one of the things I like most about the game is the freedom to deviate from history, to forge your own path. I feel that cosmeIII has done a really good job of mixing it up and thrusting Jon into a world unfamiliar to him, and in turn, to the audience. The chapters are quite long and detailed, which I like, and the interspersion of screenshots helps too.

Congratulations cosmeIII, looking forward to reading more parts and seeing who you pick next week!

Edit: I did not realize but cosmeIII is on holiday, with limited internet apparently, so I'll keep a eye out to see when/if he's active over the course of the week.

Last edited:
Congratulations, cosmeIII!

Congratulations cosmeIII! Having finally caught up with GoT, I can allow myself to enter the world of GoT mods and AARs, and this seems an excellent one to start with.