• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
congrats Kataprakoi, a very captivating AAR indeed. Looking forward to reading more .

I'll admit, that I never read your AAR. Which was a great shame, and now amending on my behalf. Woah, that is plain cool. :)

Well done, Katapraktoi! You've been producing some fine work for quite a while now. Great to see you get the spotlight finally. Now step on up and tell us about yourself.

Congrats! :D

Congratulations, Katapraktoi, for a well written AAR and a well deserved award. :)

Ok now I'm over here, after having some troubles finding this thread after reading in my own AAR thread that I had ben named writer of the week. First I thought it was some sort of a joke... First off; thank you everybody! I had no idea that you would ever choose me for this, always thought I was an average writer with crappy English, and still I get this. Mde me a bit surprised, but happy nontheless of course! :) I guess this is a great way to get new readers for the AAR. The hours of reading to make the background history really did pay off! :D

In any case... a little bit about myself huh. Don't know if there is so much to tell... Could first say that this award was really convenient considering the date. 'twas my birthday yesterday, so I could see it as a birthday present. :) Just turned 22-years-old which means I am a university student. Real name is Andreas and I live in northern Sweden, in a small city by the name Umeå. Currently I am studying to become an English and history teacher for secondary high school with the English already completed, and with the second out of three semesters of history.

I love history, just as much as the next guy, but with a special focus on Japan and ancient Europe, especilly Rome and the Greeks. Before it was the vikings and the meso-americans, though when I had learned most about then I went to other civilisations. With this new AAR I am getting a serious interest in Middle East and Arabian history as well, naturally.

Other than that I am an amature-writer of fantasy fiction with a quadrology on the schedule, and with various other writing projects, these computer game AARs among others, which I dive into on my spare time. I started writing when I was about 8 or 9, though nothing serious of course. I'm hoping to develop my skills as I go along in my teaching career, though the question is whether I will have the time to do so... guess I'll have to wait a few years until I know. :)

Well, I guess that is it, really. If anyone has anything more to ask, please go ahead. Otherwise, I would just like to thank everybody again, and of course invite those who have not read my AAR yet to do so, hoping I don't sound conceited when I do so.

Well done Katapraktoi, it sure is a well deserved award. Keep up the good work :D

The next writer of the week

Ok everyone, it is Sunday again, 13:45 exactly and once more time to choose a new writer of the week! And to think I didn't really know what this meant before I was appointed myself. After looking through this thread I have got the impression that it is the last appointed fellow's task to choose the next writer, which should be me then. So here I go;

Even though I have posted in this guy's AAR thread very little, I have nontheless followed it with great interest. The writing is good, with lots of underlying stuff that you can only notice if you read the text really closely. The plot so far is veiled in mystery since you don't even know what country the guy us playing as of yet! Which of course turns up the interesto-metre of the AAR in its whole... Besides that I think that the faction he is obviously having as protagonist is a very exciting and interesting such, mainly because so little is known about them.

So, for those of you who have not for some reason figured out who I am talking about and which AAR has led me to this decision (those who haven't read the AAR yet are of course excused...) is no other than; jwolf and his Revenge of the Templars AAR!!! Congratulations! =D

Congratulations, jwolf! :)

Very well deserved jwolf.

A very worthy nod to some great work! Congrats on the spotlight for the week, jwolf. Excellent! :cool:

Congrats, sir!