• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know what this award calls for Tufto? A commemorative tapestry of the Polandball variety. ;)

Sorry I'm late, guys; have been away/moving back to uni/working for the past few days, have logged little forum time.

Thanks again Phipsovic for the nomination, and thanks everyone else for the congratulations. (An update will be up this evening, btw, so worry not; the AAR is not abandoned yet :p).

Without further ado, allow me to nominate the next WritAAR of the Week, for an interesting and extremely well-written history-book AAR: RossN for The Queen of Cities.

Congratulations RossN! The Queen of Cities is a wonderful tale. What I especially like is how you incorporate events happening outside of Byzantium (such as the quarrels in the Caliphate) and things not directly related to the usual marriage-war-rebellion headlines (such as the founding of new cities). It makes the narrative both richer and more plausible.

Congratulations RossN! I've read some of your past work and enjoyed it greatly, so if that's anything to go by then this is very well deserved.

Congratulations! You current AAR is of great quality, and your old AARs were a marvel to read too. Truly well deserved awAARd!

Congrats, RossN!

Wow, thank you everyone especially you Tufto. I'm truly honoured! :)

The Queen of Cities is a lot of fun to write but I admit what makes it most worthwhile is the feedback from readers; the suggestions and comments. Also flattery, can never go wrong there! :D

Congratulations, RossN! Always great to see some oldtimers still plugging along and giving us more great work.

I should also point out that just a few days ago, we passed the ten year anniversary for this thread and the current manner in which we give out the WoW! So congratulations are in order for everyone for keeping this tradition alive and well. Here's to the next ten! :D

Congratulations, RossN! Also congrats to everyone who won WritAAR of the Week since I last posted in this thread. Guess I'll have some reading to do, eh?

Last edited:
Well, it's been a great week and thank you again for the nomination. :)

I'd originally intended to give the award to a Vicky 2 AAR, as that is the game other than Crusader Kings 2 I know best. Naturally it turns out my top choices were all recent winners so I had to turn back to Crusader Kings 2. I'm glad I did.

I'm going to nominate Asantahene as the next WritAAR of the Week for his great character driven tale O' Flower of Scotland. Congrats Asantahene! :)

Already? You had to Sunday I think.:) But very well, congratulations to Asantahene!