• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats! Always been a fan of your AARs :).

How did I not congratufibbulate you yet?!
Oh yes, now I know, your lack of updates is most disturbing... :p

I jest, of course. Congratulations, 譚張, and may you enjoy your very own version of...

(pronounce AAR as "ahrr")

1. When Tanzhang first, at Heaven's command
Arose from out the forum crowd;
Arose, arose, from out the forum crowd;
This was the charter, the charter of AAR-land,
And guardian angels sang aloud:

"Rule, great Tanzhang!
Tanzhang rule the AARs:
Your great fiction is the best of ours."

3. Still more majestic shalt thou rise,
More dreadful, with every typing stroke;
More dreadful, dreadful, with each typing stroke;
As Rome is fighting, complete its Pheonix' Rise,
Serve but to satisfy thy commenting folk!

"Rule, great Tanzhang!
Tanzhang rule the AARs:
Your great fiction is the best of ours."

(Original: Rule Brittannia! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XPHL4Q86t4)

Considering the somewhat understated nature of his earlier contrafibularitous post, and not to be outdone by AARland's incumbent Dutch wordsmith, DensleyBlair (now bizarrely styling himself 'Nuwanda') contributed the following; a rewritten version of:

Song of Joys
by Walt Whitman DensleyBlair Nuwanda

O to attract so great an attention!
How it is I know not—yet behold! the something which outshines all
of the rest,
The phoenix, so great; never defensive!—and how magnetic she draws.

O to struggle against great odds, to meet enemies undaunted!
To be entirely alone with them, to find how much one can stand!
To look strife, defeat, conquest, popular odium, face to face!
To face the bowmen, to advance to the cavalry line with
perfect nonchalance!
To be indeed a God!​

If it wasn't apparent, my warmest and sincerest contrafibularities, Tanzhang (譚張)!

Last edited:
Thanks Gela! Not only are you a great writer in your own right, but I also find that you're an avid fan and commenter (commentator?) on other people's AARs as well (especially mine.) AARland is a community of writers, and so therefore the best thing that a writer can do for AARland is to comment on other people's AARs. Naturally it's an honour to recieve an award from anyone, but especially so to recieve one from an author like yourself who clearly knows a thing or two about AARs, given how active you are as a fan!

In short: Thanks for the early birthday present!

Densley/"Nuwanda": Thanks for the kind words, too bad they're borrowed, unlike Gen. M's original lyrics to a familiar tune. :p

No seriously,

Avindian: Thank you! :)

MondoPotato: Thank you too! :)

Tommy: Thank you three! :) You're certainly right to claim that, given that you were the first person to ever comment on one of my AARs (and even before the first update had been posted!) Thanks once again. :)

Aldriq: Thank you four! :)

Gen. M: How appropriate and timely given that it's that time of year again! Thanks for taking the trouble to writing another splendid rendition of something (you get extra points for working both the AAR and the author into the verse), and don't worry, you'll get your update soon. :)

Oh and BTW, I thought you were supposed to pronounce AAR as like the letter "r" anyway?

Zzzz...: Yes, I remember you from my Ishida AAR! Please do give my latest Roman AAR a read, I for one humbly think it's my best yet! :)

Qorten: Wait, what number are we on now? four? five? :huh: Thank you very much! :)

Anyway, I've hogged this award for long enough. It's time to name a new WritAAR of the Week, and following Gela's example I've decided to give it to an author who's well known for both his writing and his commenting. he's been doing so for quite a while now (nowhere near as long as LD of course, but long enough nonetheless.) Known almost as much for his frequent absences from AARland as for his AARs, he's recently come back with a vengeance with his (at the time of writing) two volume epic on the Egypto-Norse rulers of Egypt. No seriously, I kid you not.

So without further ado, I hereby appoint Tommy4ever as the new WrtAAR of the Week. Congrats!

Congrats Tommy! Good to see you still working strong. :)

Congratulations Tommy!

*waiting patiently for Tommy to arrive, so I can check out the AAR from his signature*

Oh and BTW, I thought you were supposed to pronounce AAR as like the letter "r" anyway?

So did I, but some of my Murican MP allies tried to convince me otherwise - that AAR is only pronounced correctly as A-A-R.

Densley/"Nuwanda": Thanks for the kind words, too bad they're borrowed, unlike Gen. M's original lyrics to a familiar tune. :p

No seriously,

I object, your honour!

I did edit it (if only slightly...) It just seemed so apt! ;)

Congratulations Tommy! I have been checking in with your Egypto-Norse every now an again, and they certainly seem quite the lively bunch.

I object, your honour!

I did edit it (if only slightly...) It just seemed so apt! ;)

Oh crap, it seems my "thank you" was cut off there somehow. Sorry...

Congrats and great to see you still/again writing here, Tommy4ever!

@Avindian: You can add Tommy to the 4+ winners list now! :happy:

Last edited:
Thanks Tanzhang! Thank you everyone for your congratulations, and to everyone who as read and commented on my AAR - keeping me going on my latest return to AARland :). Its great to win this award for the fourth time, I checked it out and no one has managed more than five, so this is a great honour. I'll make sure to pass the award on promptly next week and hopefully to a part of the forum that hasn't had it for a while.

Well deserved! Congrats! :)

Prolific, consistent with incredibly high quality standards. All the things I wish I could be. Congrats Tommy4ever. Well deserved.