• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So Sunday is here and it's time to pass the torch. In the spirit of the award I want to hand it to someone who hasn't received the award and doesn't have an AAR with thousands of views already, and is writing for one of the less mainstream games. Before I announce the recipient, I'll give a shout-out to the "runner-up", so to speak:
Antonine's Vive L'Empereur: The Third French Empire - a National France Kaiserreich AAR is well-written and interesting, not the least for its very uncommon premise, coming from a mod of a stand-alone mod. But the AAR is very well-established with over 30,000 views and received the Weekly AAR Showcase in February, so I decided to see if I could find something else.

That's when I stumbled upon H.Appleby's The American Experience 1917-1964, another Darkest Hour AAR. It's his first AAR(I think) and only nine days old at that, but his writing is easy to digest and enjoyable, and for that reason I pass the torch and the spotlight on to him. May he profit from it.

Big congratulations to H.Appleby! A great AAR and a great writer to boot.

EDIT: And congratulations to the thread for reaching its 1 millionth view!

Last edited:
Congratulations H.Appleby!

Congratulations, Appleby!

Congrats History_Buff!

Congrats History_Buff!

Congratulations, History_Buff!

Congrats, History_Buff! It is well deserved!

Congrats, History_Buff!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, History_Buff!
I thank you all for your support. This was a tough call, but I did decided to nominate Avinidian for WritAAR of the Week. His original Novum Romanum Imperium AAR was the inspiration for my second Mecklenburg AAR. I like his continuation just as much if not more due to his seemless incorporation of historical characters along with fictional ones in the AAR and great character writing.