• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Philo32b!

Congratulations!

Thank you, azedalis, for awarding this to me for this week. I very much appreciate it! And thanks to everyone for their kind words. :)

By the way, pages 305 and beyond are locked to me for some reason, so if anyone has asked me a question on a page after 304, my lack of response is not intentional. It is strange, I click on 305 or last page and it only loads page 304. I can see any page before 305, though.

Don't worry, these long threads sometimes seem to show an extra page that doesn't really exist. Your post was the first "real" one on page 305.

Congrats Philo32b! Well deserved.
Don't worry, these long threads sometimes seem to show an extra page that doesn't really exist. Your post was the first "real" one on page 305.

Must be the spirit of some long disappeared moderator! ;)

I'm so glad to hear that. After I posted and saw my new post on page 305, with extra pages behind it, I thought, "Oh, God, this is their venerable WritAAR thread dating back to 2004 and I've somehow broken it!"

On a separate note, I have a quick question: can someone be awarded the WritAAR if they've recently finished their (only) AAR?

On a separate note, I have a quick question: can someone be awarded the WritAAR if they've recently finished their (only) AAR?

Yeah if there's been very recent activity then I don't see why not.

I have been reading many AARs this week and it has been wonderful. I have decided to award the WritAAR to Werewhale, whose recent CK2 AAR--Saltborn: a Crovan AAR--is amazingly funny and a pleasure to read.

Werewhale was the AAR writer that sparked my own interest in writing an AAR. He is fabulously funny in both his writing and in the graphic art that adorns his screenshots. I don't often laugh so hard that I'm actually crying, but I found myself doing exactly that while reading his AAR.

Werewhale has mentioned that he is working on a couple new AAR projects, and I am very excited to see them. Thanks for all your hard work, Werewhale!

Congrats Werewhale! And I see the aforementioned new project is here already. :)

Congratulations Werewhale, a very enjoyable writer who is proving their great diversity as well. For those who are curious, the first of his new projects can be found over here although if you're not a fan of Narratives, it might not be your cup of tea. Still worth checking out either way!

Congrats Werewhale! Well deserved

Congratulations, Werewhale. The Crovans never had a better champion!

Congratulations, Werewhale! The Crovans were great fun to read and your take on the Latin Empire looks to be <through clenched jaws> interesting. ;) Certainly a big change in style, but you seem just as comfortable with the narrative as with the gameplay/comedy style. :)

Thank you everyone for your kind words, and thank you Philo32b for the award! This sort of recognition, along with the supportive comments, is what keeps me going. Saltborn was an immensely enjoyable project, and even though it is said that only the stupid laugh at their own jokes, I did giggle uncontrollably more than once, so I'm happy to see that I wasn't the only one. I hope The Grace of Rome will be a fraction as well received, but even if it isn't, I've already picked out the character for the next Saltborn-style AAR, which I'll start sometime when I feel my current AAR has enough momentum.

Thanks again everyone!

Congratulations Werewhale and all previous winners!