• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, as Garuda said, it's only Friday. But I'm terrible at making deadlines, so rather than risk remembering this again sometime in the middle of next week, I'll make my nomination now.

In searching for a worthy successor, I looked in some places I don't usually go - like the CK and HoI2 AAR forums. And I found some very good things there. Even discounting AARs that have run their course (Director, please do not put links in your sig - I want my evening back!), there were plenty of very worthy candidates - like Alfred Packer's Crovans and Draco Rexus's For King and Country. But the one that really sucked me in was Atlantic Friend's HoI2 AAR of an alternate France - Crossfires, which manages to be both extremely well researched, and very well written. And it's nice to see France being something other than a speed-bump.

So for what little my opinion is worth, Atlantic Friend is the new WritAAR of the Week.

Congratulations Atlantic Friend !

truly well deserved !

Your fine attention to detail , your expertise in the era both in France but also in the world , as well as your intricate weaving of history and alternate history makes me so proud to consider you a collague in Tempus and a friend .

You better get that vintage Renault someday too just as we planned ;)

You must be doing something right to get it twice in three months. ;) From what I've read, I know that is true. Well deserved and congrats! :)

Congratulations Atlantic Friend! Well deserved indeed! :D

Curses, I still haven't actually caught up with Crossfires. I blame AF's long and well researched updates for taking a great deal of (enjoyable) time to read and digest. Still it's a nice problem to have :D

Well done Atlantic Friend!

I'll quote Japan's Hideki Tojo, and immediately state that I am an ordinary man with no shining talent.

The WoW laurels truly are a humbling award, and I can only promise to work harder - and of course to look for a suitable successor.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone who has, knowingly or not, helped crossfires reach it's 59th Chapter.

- Readers, your comments and loyalty - even when I was not updating - were the fuel that kept the narrative engine running during all these months.

- Writers, your own work often inspired me, providing me with ideas for lively scenes, remarkable characters, fascinating " what if " situations.

- Lurkers, you always brought a smile to my face. I wish you'd finally register and trade comments and remarks, but you've made me a happy author whenever I've seen you appear as "guest readers" on the thread.

- Luscious top-models, your utter and complete absence made sure I had time on my hands to write. Now don't hesitate to interrupt me. Anytime. Anytime, I said !

Right ! Now it's time to jump on a speedy Bréguet and scout the place for a good man (or woman) to pass the laurels to. I have a few ideas, so be afraid, be very afraid....

Last edited:
Congrats AF. Great story and very well deserved.

Congratulations.

Congratulations Atlantic Friend :)

Well done AF :cool:

Congratulations - again!