• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congragulations, grayghost. I'm reading The Manchurian Canidate as I type this!

Congratulations grayghost ! ! :cool:

Very many congratulations grayghost!

Congrats, grayghost! Nice work. :)

I must thank Canonized for his indepth critique of my work. I dont know that I represent all that he portrays, but I am humbled that he sees that in my work and person.

I am a little shocked to be recieving this award for multiple reasons. One, the "Manchurian Candidate" is my first creative effort in some time, almost 11 years. Before that I was quite the prolific writer of poetry, of which a few were published. Please dont ask me where they were published. One was in large collection of poetry by many different writers, and I dont remember what it was called, the other was in a college journal of some kind.

A little about myself. I have been both blessed and cursed to have experienced many different things in my life that have shaped me as a person. I got the chance to coach high school varsity football when I was only 19. I played a couple years of college football at a local JC. I joined the Marines when I was 21. During that time, I met my first wife, had friends die, had a daughter.

I spent time in Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Antigua, S. Korea, Japan, Okinawa, and Guam. I have been lucky enough to visit almost every state in the US except the north east. I have fought forest fires in Yellowstone in 88. I have rapelled, face first, down 300ft cliffs. I have jumped out of perfectly good helicopters into the ocean for no other reason that someone told me to. After all this, you might think I am some kind of xtreme sports junky. Quite the opposite. I am a home body that likes to read, watch tv, play computer games and stay warm or cool depending on weather conditions.

I am currently married, have a dog, a cat, and a mortgage. I have a good job as a plant manager for a large company. It's funny, cause my house is more work that my job is.

Thank you all who have offered congratulations here, regardless of whether you have read my AAR or not, these forums offer a tremendous amount of support to fledgling writers, long term penners, or someone like me, who has been out of the game for awhile. To all of you, Thank you.

I've been absent here for far too long, so before I congratulate Grayghost, I want to say congratulations to Horace, Eber, and Canonized.

But definitely Congratulations, Grayghost!

I've looked into your AAR some days (weeks?) back, and mean to continue when I have time. It's a very intriguing idea to grab and run with!

And thanks for the personal sketch -- I always enjoy hearing more about the people I spend time with here in the Forums!

Bravo Zulu!

Rensslaer

Congrats grayghost. Like thrashing mad said now I've got to go read your AAR. :cool:

Joe

Okay, looks like it's time to pass on the torch. There were many authors out there worthy of this award in my opinion. Some have already been recent winners. I wanted to hold with the spirit of the award and not give it to someone in the same (HOI2) forum, although there were 2 especially that I thought were really deserving. I have just recently started reading this authors work and it's tone and content are what keep me rolling. From that you may have guessed it is a comedy. The author is a man who has spent time in my world, so it is easy to appreciate his corporate humor in a medieval world. Without further adou, I give you:

SECRET MASTER

and the outstanding escapades of the vampire Conubium in "Templaric Twits: Medeterranian Police"

Congratulations Secret Master !

Absolutely!

One of the best, oldest members of AARland returns ... a really terrific AAR and a really terrific choice for WritAAR of the Week. Secret Master was, I think, one of the first recipients of the award ... in October 2002! (the month I registered...)

Nice work, SM. Three times now, too. And the first was way back in 2002.

Congrats and a very well deserved WoW! It's some great writing, as funny as Nobles Lives was wonderfully dramatic!