• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Heartiest discombobulations! :D

Well done loki100, congratulations :)

Well its sort of time to give up my very first award ... sigh.

In addition to the pleasure of all the nice comments (cheques are in the post) one of the real delights of this was feeling obligated to read around the forums well away from my usual haunts (a wierd mix of HOI3 and CK at the moment). The sheer variety of styles, approaches and countries is amazing.

Still since I apparently can't just nominate AARLand, it seems I need to choose.

Well one I seriously enjoyed was JDMS Etruria: Forging an Empire, its short, the writing is superb and he lost. Fantastic stuff. Having just started writing an AAR that is as slightly thematic rather than just broken up into discrete time periods, I have a small inkling into how much work Karelian must have put into his Prisoners of Silence. One thing, and this particularly affects WW2 era AARs, we as gamers and writers tend to forget is both the reality of those events and the wider context that sits outside the game engine. EvilFishTank's brilliant UK AAR The World After Appeasement more than compensates for this common oversight.

Anyway, after rambling longer than the average Oscar speech, I do have a firm nominee, its brilliantly written, utterly engaging, and places the game events into context, I leave you with

Daemonofdecay's Ottoman EU3 AAR The Sublime State. If you've not read it yet - trundle over there and enjoy :).

Many congratulations and well deserved , daemonofdecay !

Congratz, daemonofdecay! Great AAR! :)

Looks very well-written. I look forward to reading. Congrats demonofdecay!

One thing, and this particularly affects WW2 era AARs, we as gamers and writers tend to forget is both the reality of those events and the wider context that sits outside the game engine. EvilFishTank's brilliant UK AAR The World After Appeasement more than compensates for this common oversight.

Thank you so much for mentioning me!

And congrats, Daemonofdecay!

Congratulations daemonofdecay!

Congrats, Daemon! The story is a great combination of indepth political history of the Ottoman Empire with an as-yet unresolved narrative about the presumptuous authoritarian-loving German Doktor who is writing said history (during the tumultuous mid-19th century, with revolutions and wars all around him, all while being pursued by nebulous Turks who want him dead).

That description sounds more convoluted than fun, but trust me, it's a very good read. :)

Last edited:
Wow, well holy crud this was unexpected! I have to say, thanks so much for the award! Almost a year to the day since I won it last. I guess perseverance does pay off after all.

Maybe when I am finished (sometime in 2025 if my current update schedule is anything to go by -_-'' ) I will have something really fitting of any kind of accolades. But until then I will enjoy the WritAAR award like a thief, polishing it in the dark and mumbling something about my "preciouses". I mean I don't have to give it back until next weekend, so I might as well enjoy it while I can!