• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
. I often get the impression he's simply winging it -

First of all congratulations on a well deserved award. Second, you’re right I do just “wing it”. I do so because it’s more fun for me that way. There’s been many a time where I’ve wondered how the hell I was going to get the hero out of his latest predicament.:D However if I were doing this seriously I would plot the entire thing out. Keep writing and I’ll keep commenting, which reminds me its time to drop by on your latest story.;)

Joe

It's been a good week and I've certainly enjoyed my time in the sun. Thanks again to all of you that have stopped by to offer congrats. I appreciate it. Now it's time to pass the awAARd on to the next lucky recipient. This writer has been around for a while now and has two AARs under his belt. While it might seem that I would choose another narrative type AAR I see no reason that game-play writers should not share in this spotlight and this one completely deserves it. His current AAR is widely popular and deservedly so. It's a superior example of the style. Your next WritAAR of the Week is:

PrawnStar​

Congratulations, sir! Excellent work. :D

Congratulations Prawnstar :D

Well done PrawnStar :)

Every time I see PrawnStar's name, I'm reminded of a line from Muppets in Space...

"I am not a shrimp! I am a King Prawn!"

Way to go PrawnStar! Your AARs are inspiring!

Thank you coz1 I'm delighted to receive this award as I'm convinced I'm not actually very good at writing stuff. Even when the subject is interesting I have a nagging feeling that I'm making it dull. This may be because before I started writing AARs I'd only wrote material for online training packages on subjects like building management for properties that contain asbestos.

Thanks to all who've commented above. Duke, I'm amazed by the popularity of this AAR. It's getting around 1200 views a day and that can't all be me pressing refresh. That said there is a steady current of criticism in Inca threads in the main forum over how easy I have it playing Iroquois instead of Inca - but I already know I can't please everyone :rolleyes:

naggy - :rofl:

Congrats Prawnstar, well deserved!

That said there is a steady current of criticism in Inca threads in the main forum over how easy I have it playing Iroquois instead of Inca - but I already know I can't please everyone :rolleyes:

Haha, hopefully next time you don't take the easy route then.

Haha, hopefully next time you don't take the easy route then.

Yeah. Mod Riga to be a pagan tribal federation in the new_world tech group, and make all your neighbors lucky.

So my time in the sun is over and I get to chose someone to pass the baton on to.

My interest is gameplay and one thing makes a gameplay AAR stand out, why as well as how. The writer I want to showcase is a wonderful gameplay writer clear in explaining both how and why decisions are made and actions undertaken. Reading his latest AAR should provide many lessons to even the most experienced of EU3IN gamers.

This week's writAAR of the week:

unddu