• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations dinofs!

Man, I really feel like a jerk for not even being here on time to see myself get my own award! Even if I was a little late, I've made up for it by making a nice little acceptance speech.

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest acceptance of an award in the history of our forums.

1/2 score years ago, a great Swedish corporation, in whose symbolic shadow we stand today, released Europa Universalis. This momentous game came as a great beacon of hope to millions of bored gamers who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their captivity.

But ten years later, the Paradox fan is still not free. Ten years later, the life of the Paradox fan is still sadly crippled by the manacles of patches and the chains of save game incompatibility. Ten years later, the Paradox fan lives on a lonely island of poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of material prosperity. Ten years later, the fan is still languished in the corners of society and finds himself an exile in his own forum. And so I've come here today to accept an award that I'm shocked to have received.

In a sense I've come to this thread to cash a check. When the architects of EU3 wrote the magnificent code of the game, they were signing a promissory note to which every writAAR was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all men, yes, even those with under 100 posts, would be guaranteed the award of "WritAAR of the Week." It is obvious today that Paradox has followed through on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of few posts are concerned. As well as honoring this sacred obligation, Paradox has given the newbies a blank check, a check which has come back marked "Get free publicity."

And this is the day -- this will be the day when all of Paradox's fans will be able to sing with new meaning:

My forum 'tis of thee, sweet site of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Viking's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if forum.paradox.com is to be a great forum, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious threads of AARs.

Let freedom ring from the mighty posts of "The Strange Screenshot Thread"

Let freedom ring from the heightening maps of "The Map Thread."

Let freedom ring from the code-filled lines of EU.

Let freedom ring from the growing mounds of new posters.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from the Hearts Of Iron forum.

Let freedom ring from the Victoria forum.

Let freedom ring from every forum of Paradox.

From every last forum, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every post and every thread, from every state and every city, my award will be no more than average, as new forumites are encouraged to start their own AARs, and creative ones. My writing shall be comprehensively overshadowed by dozens of new posters. And when this happens, let the newbies sing:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank Paradox Interactive, we are free at last!

Seriously though, thanks a ton! It's a real honor! Oh yeah, and rest assured that I will be flaunting this as much as possible. :p

Last edited:
Congratulations :)

many congratulations :D

Nice acceptance speech :D
Sounded awfully familiar in a way though ;)

Are you implying that I plagiarized something? Why, I never...

Congrats Dinofs! Well deserved, very good AAR. I may have a special award for you soon. ;)

Ooh! Is it round? Does it start with a 'C'?

And to everyone else who congratulated me, thank you! :D

Congrats, dinofs, and very inspirational speech there :D

WritAAR of the Week: Sybot

Well, this was an easy choice: I'd like to nominate my- wait, what do you mean I can't make myself WritAAR of the Week again? Oh, fine.

In all seriousness though, this was a very hard decision. I've read many excellent AARs this week, and many of the WritAARs deserved this award.

However, in the end, I decided to nominate someone who wasn't just deserving of an award for one AAR: he was deserving of an award for three.

My choice for WritAAR of the Week this week is..... (drumroll please).......

Sybot! He is a prolific WritAAR, having written three AARs since 2006. However, this award is specifically for his brilliant EU3 AAR, The HAARd Way. For a brilliant AAR (and an almost-as-brilliant pun in the title), I would like to award you WritAAR of the Week!

Congrats, Sybot! :D

Thanks so much for this award, it's an honour to be acknowledged. I don't know exactly how worthy I am though, seeing as I have three other abandoned AARs. :p Joking aside thank you again.

Thanks so much for this award, it's an honour to be acknowledged. I don't know exactly how worthy I am though, seeing as I have three other abandoned AARs. :p Joking aside thank you again.

I liked my speech better. :p

Congratz, Sybot! Well-deserved! :)

Gratz Sybot!

Congratulations!