• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the WritAAR title, I'll make sure to pass the title tomorrow. Sorry for the late response, I've been busy this week. But I had the spare time to read a few AARs, and some caught my eye very much!

Tomorrow I'll give a new WritAAR of the week.

First, a formal thank you to all those that congratulated me in this thread! And a big thank you to MattSR30 for nominating me! I sincerely think I couldn't have finished the AAR like I did without this nomination.

So here is my declaration for WritAAR of the week, namely Phipsovic for his Growing Strong (A Game of Thrones AAR).

This is the third CK2 AGoT writer selected in three weeks, right? Here's hoping he takes us out of this trope. I guess I am also to blame for not visiting other AAR sections apart from the CK2 one. But leaving that out of the way!

The reason for my selection is that Phip seems to capture the world of ASOIAF pretty well in his few chapters. Something which normally requires patience and effort. So I wanted to give him a reward for doing it so well, and hope that it keeps him writing for a while! I'd really like to see what the Tyrell family is up to, since they recieve little to no attention in terms of chapters in the books.

Congratulations Phipsovic, hope you keep delighting us with your AAR!

Congrats, Phipsovic!

Congrats!

First of I want to thank everybody who congratulated me for the nomination which came utterly surprising, dut to my ignorance of its existence :eek:. A special thanks goes to the person who has honoured me with this nomination to begin with: cosmeIII. Furthermore I must also thank him for the kind words he offered for my AAR Growing Strong (a house Tyrell AAR full of spoilers for non-book readers :confused: ). I was especially delighted by the praise about how I was able to catch the spirit of ASoIaF in my AAR which I believe many AAR writers on here do :D

So now I guess I´ll have to work myself through some nice AARs out there even though I must confess that my greatest interest goes to the Crusader Kings II - Game of Thrones AARs :eek:o Nonetheless I shall give other writers a chance too, especially since many of my favorite AAR writers are already part of the "WritAAR of the Week" community ;) But first I´m gonna enjoy my week in the spore I shall pass on the glory :rofl:

So once more, thanks to everybody and I hope to keep provide you with many more enjoyable updates and that my AAR might GROW STRONG :rofl:

I have finally decided who shall inherit the title "WritAAR of the Week". But just before I announce who will be my "chosen one" I´ll have to say something :eek:o

Initially I had expected to find a new "WritAAR of the Week" in no time with the number of great AARs on the forum. There was just one problem... all my favorite authors have already found their way into the hall of fame of AAR-Writing. Therefore I had to look up many, many other AARs until I found one that really gave me the feeling that the writer would deserve the nomination. I guess my problem was that I am so in love with George R.R. Martin´s writing style and the way he gets the story going that AARs which mainly consist of pictures with a sentence of two lines explaining their content to the reader, are lost on me. To be honest they feel somewhat soulless to me :eek: Writing a story around the situations that pop-up in any Paradox game is what gives an AAR its specialty, in my opinion at least. A good story is what makes the AARs of people like cosme III, Aidun and Victor227 so great !!

But let´s move on to the most important thing. Ladies and gentleman I present to you the writer of "The Iron Horde: A Kirghiz Narrative AAR" and your new "WritAAR of the Week" --> Tufto !!!

Last edited:
Congratulations! :)

Congrats Tufto!

Congrats Tufto!

And someone should really change the thread title.:p