• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh my.

First, thank you Kazmir. You're right in pointing out that posting has slowed down - a mixture of work and, thankfully this past weekend, a badly needed vacation. I plan to play out the next turn tonight.

I first thought of something similar to "RWO" in my EU2 days: Pick a nation, then at certain intervals switch to another random nation and hope the AI hasn't torn it apart too badly first. This was in turn inspired by Storey's "Three Countries, One Goal."

In EU2 I started by counting the number of countries on the map and trying to randomize that, which was a little mad. (IIRC provinces were handled differently in EU2 save files, making it a little harder to use them for example. I suppose I could have used the tag list.)

EU4 makes it really easy with the 'Random Country' button, though as you can read it's stuffed me in some..unfortunate..locations.

Since I'd just had my head handed to me in 'Beyond Tannenberg IV', I wanted to relax with something easy: Narratives and history books are extremely rewarding and fun, but they take a great deal of work. 'RWO' is mostly game play with a bit of rambling thrown in.

And yes, as much as I value the newer voices to the chorus, it's good to hear from some of the 'old timers' again.

Thank you everyone.

Well done, CatKnight! Now a five-timer! :) Certainly deserved. I need to get caught up and will soon.

And might I just add, if you only ever read one AAR from days gone by, read CatKnight's magnificent Resurrection. I red it in its entirety at the beginning of September, and it is wonderfully immersive. One of the most accomplished pieces on these fora. A true gem.

Congrats once again, Cat. Definitely well deserved.

Once more, thank you everyone for this unexpected, but very welcome honor. Whenever the darkness closes in about me it's good to remember my many friends and acquaintances on this forum.

I'm especially grateful that Densley pointed out 'Resurrection.' It's a narrative set during the US Revolutionary War period, and if nothing else is easily the longest thing I've ever written: Over 200 chapters at 1,000 words per. I'm very proud of it.

It is now time to pass on this cherished prize, and I'd like to bring in a new winner. Revan86 has been working on Bloodsnake and Battlewolf – the Botners of Jórvík for awhile now. It's an excellent narrative set in the Old Gods era (871 to be precise.) There are a number of foreign (I assume Nordic) words scattered throughout, but he helpfully provides a glossary to help you through.

Congrats Revan!

Very well deserved, Revan! I really need to get around to reading that some time.

Congrats Revan! Sounds like I have another AAR to check out.:)

Wow - what an honour! Many thanks, CatKnight, for selecting me for this! Also, thanks to DensleyBlair, Nikolai, Derahan, Belgiumruler, tnick0225, aldriq, Avindian and everybody else who has been reading or catching up thus far; I realise it's a bit of a long-run narrative thing, and I hope my writing quality improves. I'm trying to drop fewer Old Norse / Icelandic words to keep the flow better, but still keep the writing style antiquarian, Teutonic-flavoured, a bit pagan / folk metal (so to speak).

Many thanks again!

Revan isn't one to forget things like this, so I'm sure he'd come and pick a successor were we to contact him.

Congrats Revan86, the legendary CatKnight and everyone else I missed while I was away!

Considering that Revan has seen this but hasn't been online for a while, I declare WritAAR of the Week open for nomination.

Congrats Revan86, the legendary CatKnight and everyone else I missed while I was away!

Considering that Revan has seen this but hasn't been online for a while, I declare WritAAR of the Week open for nomination.

Then if I may, I'd like to nominate DensleyBlair, principally for his British AAR. I don't think he's ever won this award before.