• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had some tough choices trying to find a suitable replacement, compounded by the fact that I also decided to leave my usual HOI3 creche and see what else is going on out there in the AAR world.

After much thought, I nominate Bornego for the next WritAAR of the week, in particular for his `Death will stand grieving in that field of war - A Red Drang Campaign PBEM` in the AGEOD forum. The writing style is very engaging, is accompanied by nice visuals, and is multiplayer, what more could you want? And like most readers I was sad that he proved too successful and the game ended early!

Congratulations Bornego and keep up the good work.

Thank you very much, eqqman, I truely appreciate the honour you have bestowed on me. The people in this forum have always been incredibly kind to me. It's a pleasure reading and writing AARs here.

Death will stand grieving in that field of war isn't exactly over yet. I will add a second part following another multiplayer match were I had the fun of playing the Germans. It will provide a nice contrast to the first part where I had little choice but to play constant defense. Now I get the chance to bring some WW II tactics to the early 1920ies. :)

congrats Bornego, very very well deserved for your quartet of RUS AARs

I agree. It is perfectly well deserved. Your AAR are outstanding on all accouts : great storytelling, great pictures, great hints and tricks.

Thank you guys, it means a lot coming from the two people who wrote the best AARs the AGEOD section of this forum has to offer.

Congratulations Bornego!

Congratulations!

Lots of congrats, Bornego!

Congratulations, Bornego!

Congratulations, Bornego!

Congratulations!

Thank you all! All this kind encouragement is a great motivator to write more. :)

Well done and well deserved! Your AARs show the excitement and the possibilities of RUS - while not papering over the fact that it is a massive game with a lot of different mechanics to contend with. I also think you do a great job of knowing when to really get into the nitty-gritty of the details (why a certain attack failed or succeeded, why one battle resulted in rather evenly distributed casualties, while another was a one-sided massacre), and when to simply describe the events in broader strokes.

I've enjoyed your AARs tremendously and I'm looking forward to 'Part Two' of the Drang Nach Osten one. :)

Thank you Ybakgibumpti and Stuyvesant!

The best part about this award is choosing a successor. Usually I keep to certain corners of AARland (my beloved AGEOD and HoI) this award has given me the chance to look a bit further. There are so many incredibly well written AARs just waiting to be read. By now I wish I had half a dozen of this awards to give, not just one.

The last stop on my travels through AARland has been CK II, I wanted to avoid it because it is currently the part of AAR-land where most awards land. Nevertheless, it was there that I found an AAR that I felt really deserves to be read: The Norse Kings of England by Estonianzulu. It's a well written and beautifully illustrated tale of bloody battles and vicious murder. It provides an interesting "what if" to the course of history and gets some beautiful twists from the untimely deaths of Norwegian princes. In other words, it has everything that makes CK II such an excellent game.

Congratulations Estonianzulu! I can't wait to read more of this tale.

Congratulations!

:cool: Congratulations, Estonianzulu! :cool:

Congrats, Estonianzulu! Never heard of your AAR before now; it's on my short list now.

Congrats, estonianzulu! Always nice to see a familiar name :D

Congrats! and glad to see this thread back in an easy to view location.

My thanks to you all for this honor, its been such a privilege to be a part of the community for all these (sporadic) years. Really it still amazes me to see how far this forum has come over the last decade. I appreciate the award, but mostly I want to thank all of you. Your work in these forums over the years has turned this place from the one-page list of timeline EU1 AAR's into a thriving, creative alternative history mecca. Without all the effort and invention of the writers who have come and gone, those who are still here and those who are yet to come, this place wouldn't be. You guys are really what makes this forum great and have given me the real reason I buy and play paradox games.

Now, I better go put on my readaar hat and find myself a replacement.

Congratulations Estonianzulu, Norse Kings is a very worthy AAR to inspire this award!

First off, thank you all for your kind words, and I apologize for my delay in getting this. I had a devil of a time logging on yesterday.

So, without further adieu I name Veritas555 WritAAR of the Week for his excellent Vicky 2 AAR Red Colored Stars: A 1907 Ottoman Communist AAR. Not only has he taken on the herculean task of attempting to play the Ottoman Empire in Vicky 2, but he made it even more difficult on himself by being red!

So I encourage you all to join me in congratulating Veritas555 and go, read Red Colored Stars: A 1907 Ottoman Communist AAR!